Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

bearded1
Raven
Raven

11 Mar 2015, 8:29 am

I was at that point last year where I reached my breaking point and attempted suicide with pills. When I woke up in the hospital in restraints and not knowing where I was was a horrible feeling. I was so grateful that I didn't die because it is probably the worst thing I could have ever done to my family. That was last may and I was 6 months out of work getting over the attempt. I am still making progress on getting back to normal but it has taken a very long time. When I went into lockdown there were so many people in there who had attempted suicide or was suicidal. So you are not alone. You may not be able to see it but there is a lot to live for and what it going on now will not be going on in the future. There is so much to live for and life is a gift. I had a couple of friends who died recently and they couldn't help it but I was willing to give up my life willingly. If you get to the point where you do not feel safe then go and have your self admitted.

As far as meds there is no silver bullet. They all have side effects and the thoughts are still there. I don't understand why suicide comes to mind and that I think I should off myself. But it is there and when it comes to mind I just have to let it go. I guess it will always be there.

Whathappened
Raven
Raven

19 Mar 2015, 12:34 am

I feel like this too. Every single day I have felt like this, lately. And I go through cycles of feeling like it all the time. I'm not sure why, entirely either. I have days lately - these last days, where I just lie up all night and watch videos to my interests, and sleep all day because I am so depressed. So morbidly depressed that I can't do anything...ill drug myself with whatever I have in the pill cabinets, just to be in a semi-state of consciousness; not fully conscious, that is unbearable. When I didn't have pills, I would eat: pastries, pizzas, cookies, anything to stuff the void.

I have felt such morbidity I'd rather a .9 mil be put to my head than to experience another moment. But, I'm still here. I just left my job ...it was too stressful and, I wasn't making any money. I was demoralized and being lazy and unfocused. So I upped my dose of effexor to 150mg now, if eel numb. Like I don't care about anything. But i feel strangely happy...or, almost happy.

I don't know what's wrong with me, either. There's something wrong with me - but I don't know what it is. That's why I'm here. I'm trying to figure that out, it out.

I've felt exactly like you have felt. I think you'll be okay, just as long as you survive. There's something wrong in our heads...it's a chemical storm, it will pass. I think about putting a gun to my head and pulling the trigger, the mess it'd leave; I think about and have the image of what people would find when they saw it. That stops me from doing it, strangely; it's so grotesque.

You're not alone, Just know that.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 10:25 pm

JacobV: you can't generalize from a single case, the obvious example is that you can't know all Aspergers people from meeting one of us. Your comment was one form of extreme generalisation- in the same category of statements like "all white are greedy", "all men are rapists" etc.

PS: the characteristics you describe are far more consistent with Narcissist Personality Disorder (Cluster B) not BPD.

JacobV
Toucan
Toucan

23 Mar 2015, 2:30 am

sparrowblue wrote:
JacobV wrote:
ThilieChristine wrote:
I have BPD and I say almost the exact same thing everyday. People get sick of me and I get tired of hearing that I have too much to appreciate in life. People don't get it. It's not tht I don't care about anything. It's just a numb feeling of eternal disappointment. I love my aspie bf and even he gets depressed. He says he's jus waiting for his death in the end of it all. I hate mental hospitals so I know how you feel about that. I hold on and you know thngs haven't got better like evetyone says they will. I just find solace in others like me. Like you :/

I'm an aspie who briefly dated someone with BPD. if there were a scientific term for someone who is evil, heartless, and malicious, BPD would be it.

Honestly, though it perhaps wasn't intended that way, that seems a malicious thing to say to someone who has stated they were diagnosed with it. Perhaps the person whom you dated was all of those things, and your bitterness may be understandable, but the above is a huge generalisation. Those things are going to apply to some people who have BPD, but not all. Just as some people with ASD have acted selfishly and unkindly in relationships, and some of their partners might - and have, but while making a similar error - generalised by assuming all people with ASD will act like that in all situations and so should stay out of relationships.

I don't have BPD but know of people who do - some act maliciously towards others, but others only ever harm themselves. Obviously they suffer a lot. Some take it out on others, it's true, and no excuse, but others I've known have done their best to be compassionate and kind to people around them even when they're going through their own inner kinds of hell.

I'd reply to the OP but the post is from 2011, and so probably not even relevant anymore...I hope things have changed for the better since.

Well, that person with BPD took advantage of me and abused me (someone with ASD) in a way that was so destructive, vindictive, and malicious that no Aspie or NT i've ever met before in my life treated me half as bad as this person did.

Maybe they aren't all like that, but my one experience was such a nightmare I'll gladly spent the rest of my life away from anyone with BPD and never find out.