Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jun 2011, 10:27 pm

So 4th of July is coming....I like the consept of it and I love my contry but what I dont get is why is sooo loud?!
Can't they just make explosives you know, like less explode-y and loud?? :shrug: Any one else feel this way?

bridgete2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jun 2011, 10:35 pm

Same here. I dislike the explosions and the drinking ..
I feel its a silly holiday. Though I love america.
my main reason I dont forget the date is because its the date one of my family members got sober.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 11:04 pm

We don't have the 4th of July in Canada. We have Canada Day tomorrow. I'm not sure if drinking is a tradition on Canada Day. I know in my household, it is not. I am probably the only one here that does not have sensory issues with loud noises.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 11:20 pm

Who cares about loud noises, explosives are awesome. The combustion reaction is without a doubt the best thing known to man.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 11:26 pm

All the other kids loved Christmas, but my favorite holiday of the year, was always Mr. Firecracker Day!

Just wear earplugs if the sound bothers you. Fireworks are a bit too loud, and high sound levels can damage your ears, so earplugs are a good idea anyway. I like to wear earplugs or cover my ears, and I can still feel the sound.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2011, 10:18 pm

Eh, I don't care about the loudness( I have always been immune to LOUD noises but annoyed severely by teeny tiny noises), it's the smoke that is disgusting.

I usually don't like 4th of July except for when we are with our favorite cousin family.
One year we were up in washington with them, and we got to watch the fireworks on the roof of someones house on a hill, and it was amazing to see the whole city (I think I was paying more attention to the landscape than the fireworks).

It's stupid that people pay so much money for them.

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 11:07 am

Independence Day is actually one of my favorite holidays.

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

USMCnBNSFdude
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 1:07 pm

I know how you feel. When I used to be afraid of loud noises (going to lots of airshows and riding loud trains kind of did away with most of my my loudness problems) I would just cover my ears and enjoy the fireworks without sound.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 2:02 pm

No, because we don't celebrate it here :wink:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 3:22 pm

Simonono wrote:
No, because we don't celebrate it here :wink:

Why would British people celebrate the United States gaining independence from Britain? (Unless they had American links, or were separatists, of course.)

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

05 Jul 2011, 11:01 am

The loud sounds of fireworks bother me, but I'm too busy setting them off and then watching all the cool colors and (especially) explosions that I don't leave.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 1:07 pm

Nah, idc for it.

Our day is the first. :P

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 4:34 pm

I like it, I just don't like having to interact with people for it.

I've decided that I like fireworks......but only the really huge ones.

Always have been immune to loud noises (especially with earplugs).

Yesterday I actually went as close as I legally could to the big ones and felt in in my bones.....it was epic

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 10:35 am

I like watching fireworks and stuff but I'm not entirely patriotic. One time, our class went to D.C. and we visited the Capitol Building. We saw this movie short about how the United States was so independent and whatnot. After that, our principal kept asking, "Doesn't that make you feel patriotic?" Good thing she never asked me because I would've said "No, I felt brainwashed."

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

ARampaginWalrus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jul 2011, 1:02 pm

gailryder17 wrote:
I like watching fireworks and stuff but I'm not entirely patriotic. One time, our class went to D.C. and we visited the Capitol Building. We saw this movie short about how the United States was so independent and whatnot. After that, our principal kept asking, "Doesn't that make you feel patriotic?" Good thing she never asked me because I would've said "No, I felt brainwashed."

That's what I feel is the major plus side of asperger's, if you don't trust anyone, and scrutinize everything you see, you get to make your own decisions your entire life. We can't get brainwashed if we see the brainwashing like we see the rest of the world.

ARampaginWalrus
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jul 2011, 1:04 pm

gailryder17 wrote:

That's what I feel is the major plus side of asperger's, if you don't trust anyone, and scrutinize everything you see, you get to make your own decisions your entire life. We can't get brainwashed if we see the brainwashing like we see the rest of the world.