Hurricane Irene hitting the east coast

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Greatsharkbite
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 9:07 am

Alriiiight, go East Coast. First an earth quake and now a Hurricane.

Luckily I get to be in a state to witness it all.

I'm tired of this crap.. supposedly i'm in one where it won't be too majorly effected but we are still making preparations and are still in a state of emergency.

Worse enough, I get my mom calling me from Illinois pretending as if she cares.

First social fear and now regular fear, universe throw me a bone here.

Right now packing things to go into the basement, which will be fun considering a week ago we had a flooding problem due to the drain in the backyard getting clogged.

(Sorry for anyone who is also going to be enduring this)

Melinda7879
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Aug 2011, 11:39 am

I'm in NY too. Stay safe!

safffron
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Aug 2011, 3:22 pm

I live in the city and think there's a lot of hype and scare tactics going on. Maybe the city and state just wants federal dollars. (I'm cynical that way.) Maybe Irene will veer off to the east or dissipate, or we'll get another tropical storm. We'll find out on Sunday.

Weiss_Yohji
Toucan
Toucan

27 Aug 2011, 4:00 pm

Delaware person here.

Why did Irene have to come HERE of all places? What did we ever do to deserve it? An earthquake and now a hurricane? Why?

Greatsharkbite
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 5:45 pm

Quote:
Delaware person here.

Why did Irene have to come HERE of all places? What did we ever do to deserve it? An earthquake and now a hurricane? Why?

Yeah i've lived in Delaware as well for the past 2 years, the impact is pretty frightening, they're saying that this hurricane may affect people on a scale like no other. Five dead already.. albeit from mostly indirect causes.

Quote:
I'm in NY too. Stay safe!

Thank you, you too.

Quote:

I live in the city and think there's a lot of hype and scare tactics going on. Maybe the city and state just wants federal dollars. (I'm cynical that way.) Maybe Irene will veer off to the east or dissipate, or we'll get another tropical storm. We'll find out on Sunday.

Eh.. i'm cynical to an extent, but yeah raining pretty hard and the whole 1million without power, is at the very least annoying and scary. Hasn't quite touched down here yet, probably won't for a couple of hours.

Also the possibility of a tornado forming from this and we have a tornado watch as a result also.

Weiss_Yohji
Toucan
Toucan

27 Aug 2011, 7:58 pm

Tornadoes, too?

WHY US? WHY DOES NATURE HATE US SO MUCH? WHAT DID WE DO?

sagan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2011, 8:31 pm

Yep, hurricane, earthquake and tornado all in a week. :)
What is this? Here in my building everyone is going insane parting like its the end of the world... 8O

bggallag
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Oct 2011, 9:01 pm

The whole thing was entirely stressful for me. We also had a serial killer loose (I'm not kidding), the same weekend as the hurricane (he came before I think). He got loose from the courthouse and went to a neighborhood across the street from mine. It was a crazy time. There were SWAT teams and helicopters all over the place.

And I was without power for 3 days, I was fortunate. I heard people lost power for more than that.

A social for Annapolis, MD area adults with Asperger's. The social meets on the last Friday of the month. (21 years of age and older). Cards & board games &snacks. More info on fb page. http://www.facebook.com/Annapolis.Adults.Aspergers