Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

In view of some recent controversial threads, I have set up this poll .
1) I don't post in a thread started by the "undiagnosed." 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
2) I don't post in threads with an unfamiliar author, because (come to think of it) the lack of "connectivity" doesn't move me to do so. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3) I don't post in certain threads because" they" (the author), rub me the wrong way- "my personal feelings get in the way." 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
4) I don't post in threads because of the content, missing the possible idea that it could help -- "it triggers something unpleasant". 9%  9%  [ 6 ]
5) Likely my participation doesn't matter in any way shape or form of who posted or content. 85%  85%  [ 58 ]
Total votes : 68

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 8:10 pm

Looking at the poll, are you open minded , closed, or in between?

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

28 Aug 2011, 8:37 pm

I voted 5 (like everyone else so far):

I don't care if someone is undiagnosed or self-diagnosed or whatever.

I actually like seeing unfamiliar authors.

The third option is closest to the truth, but I do post in threads in which the author has rubbed me the wrong way, but in most cases, such reactions are transient. I doubt most people here are trying to rub anyone the wrong way.

Unpleasant triggers don't really come up, although I have found myself too confused to properly answer.

Mostly I reply to threads that seem interesting to me.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 8:38 pm

I don't really notice who posted what. It doesn't matter to me. I don't see why it would matter to anybody, really.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 8:48 pm

I just post stuff. Sometimes it irritates somebody. Sometimes it doesn't.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 8:59 pm

Most posts don't really matter, and sometimes I'll quit posting in a thread (or avoid it altogether) if I start to feel like I'm talking to a rock in the serious threads or someone who is deliberately acting like a 6 year old in the news and politics threads.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 9:09 pm

I post when I feel I have something to say on the given subject, whether it be a comment, opinion or some sort of advice. The emotional state of the thread and it's posters may have some effect, but predominantely for me the deciding factor is potential to contribute.

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 9:16 pm

I'll post in any thread, started by any person, whenever I have something to say. Sometimes I am not even totally on topic, but I just read something that caught my eye and I felt the need to say something. I very rarely hold back for any reason.

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 9:29 pm

There are certain triggers that I'll avoid and not even read the threads, because I know that I just get argumentative, and that there is no chance of it helping either me or the other people. However, if there's a chance of it helping, I'll read and or post.

As a whole I post whereever.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 10:40 pm

I'll post in any thread started by any authour, as long as I feel that I can contribute.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

28 Aug 2011, 10:47 pm

What controversial threads are being alluded to here?

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 11:54 pm

^
There is one that morphed. Unfortunately it got out of hand. The literalness of autism prevented an expansion, and the name calling shut er' down. Can't have dialog with this. It may have worked on an NT board.

dougn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 11:55 pm

I don't recognize most members here.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

29 Aug 2011, 12:16 am

I post in whichever thread manages to snag my attention. For example:

How to brush long hair (boring)

Sadam Hussein had autism? (likely to catch my attention)

... Okay, that might have been a little bit exaggerated, but it's the truth.

I voted 5.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

29 Aug 2011, 12:28 am

Mdyar wrote:
^
There is one that morphed. Unfortunately it got out of hand. The literalness of autism prevented an expansion, and the name calling shut er' down. Can't have dialog with this. It may have worked on an NT board.

OHHHHH, it looks like the instigating poster's user name begins with "Amy" and ends with "F". Is that the one?

She said she had trouble making friends in school... I wonder why. :roll: :lol:

(Is this post typical NT gossip?)

And, yeah, I noticed that name calling and other typical NT behavior seems more acceptable on NT boards.

Last edited by swbluto on 29 Aug 2011, 12:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

29 Aug 2011, 12:45 am

swbluto wrote:
OHHHHH, it looks like the instigating poster's user name begins with "Aim" and ends with "F". Is that the one?

Way to make it obvious. I think this may be the case, but lets hope she does not look into this thread.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 12:49 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
swbluto wrote:
OHHHHH, it looks like the instigating poster's user name begins with "Aim" and ends with "F". Is that the one?

Way to make it obvious.

To wit ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo (or whatever), "sometimes the obvious needs stating.". In this case, to assist other equally clueless users.