Whose the next progressive on the MSNBC Purge List?

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Whose next on the MSNBC Purge List?
Ed Schultz 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Rachel Maddow 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Al Sharpton 60%  60%  [ 6 ]
Other (name in thread) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
None 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Don't know 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 10

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 12:57 am

Orwell wrote:
MarketAndChurch wrote:
Maybe combined, Cenk and Keith draw in as many viewers as Glenn Beck does. Their ratings went up because there is a market to fill during the Bush years. But they are competing against John Stewart who is the largest followed liberal commentator on television.

Quit spouting uninformed nonsense. Uygur wasn't on MSNBC at all until well into the Obama administration- his popularity hasn't got a damn thing to do with anti-Bush sentiment.
\

oh... i didn't know that

regardless of whatever reason you may come up with, either MSNBC has to become a more purified lefty channel or purge itself of its lefty personalities for ones who echo tea party sentiment. Because its been sucking for a very long time, and conservatives own cable news television as they own radio and lead in print journalism.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 1:03 am

MarketAndChurch wrote:
Orwell wrote:
MarketAndChurch wrote:
Maybe combined, Cenk and Keith draw in as many viewers as Glenn Beck does. Their ratings went up because there is a market to fill during the Bush years. But they are competing against John Stewart who is the largest followed liberal commentator on television.

Quit spouting uninformed nonsense. Uygur wasn't on MSNBC at all until well into the Obama administration- his popularity hasn't got a damn thing to do with anti-Bush sentiment.
\

oh... i didn't know that

regardless of whatever reason you may come up with, either MSNBC has to become a more purified lefty channel or purge itself of its lefty personalities for ones who echo tea party sentiment. Because its been sucking for a very long time, and conservatives own cable news television as they own radio and lead in print journalism.

Uh, Conservatives are pwning the liberals in the media now due to ratings, not due to an actual monopoly of channels.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 1:39 am

Inuyasha wrote:
MarketAndChurch wrote:
Orwell wrote:
MarketAndChurch wrote:

\

oh... i didn't know that

Uh, Conservatives are pwning the liberals in the media now due to ratings, not due to an actual monopoly of channels.

not just ratings but viewership as well. Though it may be noted that HBO with its Bill Maher and Comedy Central with its John Stewart, ABC with its "The View" and even to an extant PBS with its Tavis Smiley(though he and the ladies at the view are moral and intellectual midgets compared to the other two) are all networks(Save for ABC) that draw a majority percentage of viewers that are not self-identifying conservatives or hold conservative values. That may be a problem for MSNBC, that the popularity of left-leaning views are fragmented amongst all the other networks, and great business for FOX which is the really the only outlet friendly to conservative commentary.

The picture is still unclear for me, I don't know if conservative have an edge drawing the largest viewership amongst all networks to Fox, but at the same time having a lefty viewpoint regurgitated on most of the other networks. The same is true of print journalism as WSJ is the Nation's most read paper, but all the other major papers employ leftist editorials critical of conservatism and the GOP. This fragmented following is also what is leading me to question whether lefty's care about a MSNBC espousing their position if you have other more entertaining alternatives. So your right about the "not a monopoly on other channels" bit, but I'm not sure how much pawning we're doing if all the other outlets on television collectively put out a position more friendly to the left.