I attract other Aspies and vice versa

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

CentralFLM
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2011, 12:50 am

Hi has anyone else here with AS had the same experience of attracting other Aspies in the workplace, school, or life in general? I self-diagnosed myself at the age of 32 and when I think about the few friends that I had I've come to the conclusion that they were also Aspies. I've noticed that in the workplace I'll have long conversations with others who I suspect to be Aspies, even if they have not diagnosed themselves.

Also i seem to be attracted to listening to other Aspies on youtube. I can listen to them for hours even if I don't agree with what they are saying. A lot of them don't know they are Aspies but I suspect they are. I've also noticed that other people who show Aspie traits are also watching them and making comments. When I go to their youtube channel they are like robots. I've even politely asked them if they've considered that they may be and they have never considered it.

It's like Aspies are like magnets to other Aspies. On the opposite end it seems I repeal NTs and NTs would rather poke their eyes eye with a pitch fork then to be around me.

Kail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Sep 2011, 1:10 am

I'm amazed and happy there's 'so' many people out there that think just like me, It's tough work being 1/2 robot, 1/4 alien, 1/16 overly sensitive, and 1/256 overly attentive :p

Seventh
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Sep 2011, 4:35 am

YES most of my friends have been aspies or have aspie traits. They tend to be the aloof, intimidatingly smart, facade-of-confidence, "the-world-is-wrong-not-me" type aspie (the kind who have hardly any friends because everyone thinks they're cold or arrogant), rather than the awkward, needy type.

Ah those long, intense aspie conversations - love them!! Was once on the phone with an AS friend for ten hours.

I've found that when I'm with a close aspie friend we can both enter a "zone"; this hasn't happened even with my best NT friend. NTs always seem to have certain expectations and they come across to me as being far more judgmental, in a particular kind of way. One has to work to get along with NTs. All that pointless work!

Aspies can very judgmental too, but it's a different kind of judgmental, and often I think it's our way of assuring ourselves that we have valuable qualities (e.g. superior intellect) that "ordinary people" don't have. We need this because "ordinary people", meaning society in general, seem intimidating, judgmental, illogical and perplexing to us.

icyfire4w5
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 4:35 am

I have my own theory why Aspies attract fellow Aspies. (Warning: It's just a theory, so don't assume that it's always true.)

Most NTs can be all smiles while interacting with Aspies. However, once the Aspies left, these NTs might approach their friends to b***h about the Aspies, like, "Hey! _________ is so annoying. He/She has the cheek to tell me that...."

I might be wrong, but I would rather interact with Aspies because they aren't as gossipy as NTs.

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2011, 9:08 am

yes i really am attracted to aspies :P not that i won't talk to other people but aspies usually have that little extra more to me.
just the fact that they are more calm and understand me.

Aspie score: 182-200

Don't know what to say.