Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

22 Oct 2011, 9:15 pm

I honestly have no idea what most people think about me in real life. I know some people have that "Wow, that guy is weird" body language and I know that some guy that I overhead on the phone when he was talking to my cousin called me a fag, so I speculate that most people in real life think I'm a fag, and don't ask me why. I don't purposely act pretentious, I think?

So, what do most people think of you? And by that, I mean... how do you think they perceive your personality?

Last edited by swbluto on 22 Oct 2011, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tentoedsloth
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Oct 2011, 9:24 pm

I have few clues, since I'm alone most of the time and what friends I have don't make personal comments much.

Makes it hard taking those tests that evaluate your personality. "Do people often say that you're ____?" Answer: No clue. That's usually not given as a choice. :?

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 9:31 pm

A lot of people tell me that I'm nice, creative, artistic and spiritual. I'm also described as being messy, overly sensitive and worrying too much.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

22 Oct 2011, 9:34 pm

tentoedsloth wrote:
I have few clues, since I'm alone most of the time and what friends I have don't make personal comments much.

I'm around people A LOT in my classes and I still have few clues, lol.

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 9:34 pm

I have no idea what people think of me, because I don't usually ask them.

The few times I have managed to get someone to tell me, I've been told I'm quiet, but with a good sense of humour.

Also people usually assume I'm gay, because they tell me that, which I don't really mind, except that I'm not gay and on the off chance I'd ever manage to get a girlfriend, that might make it harder to find one.

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 9:38 pm

Most people think that I look like Mick Avory and that's without me saying anything or showing pictures to them. Another thing before I move onto another thread. Most people don't think that I'm autistic. Why do you ask?

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 9:40 pm

What people think of me, ranging from mild to moderate to severe: abnormal, strange, weird, freak, mutant. People like to tell me these things to make sure I know what they think of me.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 9:42 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Why do you ask?

I'm curious about how aware autistic individuals are of how their peers regard them personally as in their personality. When someone asked this question on an NT site, it seemed people had a pretty good idea of what other people think of them, but I was the only one who didn't really seem to have a good idea, so I was wondering if my cluelessness might be autistic in nature.

Oh, by the ways, I have a database of the entire Q&A to student.com so I can research "NT answers" with ease so I can provide examples. I think I'll do that now...

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

22 Oct 2011, 9:54 pm

I don't know what most people think of me. I'm not about to ask 50.1% of the people I know what they think of me, either.

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 10:10 pm

Here's a set of answers to the question "What do you people think of you?" on a teenage social networking site which probably mostly has NTs. I used this site when I was a teenager, and I started practicing my "skillz" on it as I gained them during college, so I have an entire database backup of their Q&A and I can search through it with ease.

Quote:
Teeah: they think im a druggie and a goth...they can go and soak their heads

Babyjoker1285: A lot of people think that I'm fine or sexy or whatever, but since I have no picture to base that on, all people, I'm sure think I'm nice.

naughty_kittie88: i dont care what they think of me..cuz im me..

this_is_a_raid: doesn't matter. my friends like me and i like me so its all good

xLiLbiPLAYMATEx: ppl that kno me kno that im funny, nice, outgoing and not aqfraid to say wat i think ppl that dont kno me think im a slut and a b***h

kim_011: when people think of me they think.."she's good at skipping rope."

sk8ergirl06: loser,freak,dumbass,stupid,pathetic actually thats what i think of myself haha

moon-stone: i wish i could knuw,

tears_of_blood56: Anti-social, shy, determined, opinionated, etc.

korn_chick2007: people think I'm too antisocial, shy, ugly, stupid and this list goes on and on...

Hyram_Inesh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Oct 2011, 10:36 pm

my big brother thinks I'm scandalous. This girl use to always tell me I was immature in high school. Been called a lot, I can't recall everything. Some other things like pessimistic, mean, nice, smart, stupid, loud, quiet, pathetic, lame, cool, smooth, scary, sneaky, honest, lazy I've been called a psycho, cat-like 8O, childlike, childish, bashful, a loser, an alien, rude, a smart ass, stuck up

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 11:15 pm

Unearthly sense of humor. Weird overall but funny? I don't know. Best shot is to ask them.

Sibyl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2011, 11:33 pm

Nobody tells me, so I don't really know for sure, but my guess would be "Crazy old cat lady recluse".

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 12:26 am

to aquaintances i'm weird, putting on a "good" act (too good to be true), reserved, standoffish, boring, smart. to family i'm big-hearted, polite, afraid of heights which is annoying, assertive, good-natured, uncomplaining.

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2011, 12:34 am

An inlaw recently stated "you didn't make eye contact with us." "You came across as probably shy and appeared generally uncomfortable around people."

Yep. That's the way it all looks. I believe I had more in past social issues with this via executive functioning, than now .

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

23 Oct 2011, 12:57 am

I think the thing most people have said to me is that I am intelligent.

Beyond that, I have nothing.