Would you let your man purchase your feminine products?

Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Would you let your man purchase your feminine products?
Yes, We're both in this relationship together. 31%  31%  [ 27 ]
Yes, We're both in this relationship together. 31%  31%  [ 27 ]
No, I wouldn't want to embarrass him like that. 10%  10%  [ 9 ]
No, I wouldn't want to embarrass him like that. 10%  10%  [ 9 ]
I don't know what I would do. 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
I don't know what I would do. 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 88

sweetpraline
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Sep 2006, 11:29 am

This is for those of you who are married or involved in a relationship. Would you let your man purchase your feminine hygene products (pads, tampons, etc.) Like if you husband or boyfriend said, "Honey, I got to run to the store. Do you need anything?" and you say "Yes, sweetheart, could you pick me up a box of Tampax?"

I don't know about you all but I don't think I could ask a male companion to purchase my feminine hygene products. I just feel that these products are personal and I should go to the store and get them myself. I feel that he would be embarrassed. I could just see him right now in the feminine hygene aisle at the store trying to figure whether he should get maxi or mini pads or super or regular absorbancy and hope none of his friends walk in and catch him there.

hellznrg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2006, 12:04 pm

i wouldn't mind buying hygiene products for my sweet lurve... plus, being on the scientific side, I tend to read all the labels very carefully and i would prolly end up buying something that's superior to the things she'd currently be using... but i'd prolly be more comfortable with her standing around.. cos i might get strange looks from people... :P

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2006, 7:21 pm

Well yeah sure, provided he didn't mind of course.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2006, 8:07 pm

Yeah, it'd be fine. I don't even think most guys would care.

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2006, 9:14 pm

Order them online when they're on sale...stock up enough to qualify for free shipping...they come in a nice cardboad box that says nothing on the sides and are delivered by a pleasant smiling man in a UPS truck...

Better than carrying that super size package of Kotex up to the checkout...they scream "price check on Kotex maxi pads" over the mic...two 18 yr old stockboys now go to find the price with a silly grin on their face while the third juggles them back and forth like a football waiting to place them in the shopping bag.

Sorry...I'm a woman and I've never been really good with this myself...LOL

:wink:

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2006, 2:59 pm

My boyfriend is much more comfortable with my body (and its functions) than I am ! He's also not embarrassed (though I am) about buying whichever personal products. Heck, just leaving the house & going to a store gives me anxiety. Growing up, used to get my mother (and later, female friends) to make the purchases for me.
I get confused about what type/brand of items I use, bc. they keep modifying them & bc. they label them so similarly. I have to look at shelf & packages for awhile before I'm even sure which is "my usual". Boyfriend is observant & attentive, so he'd be just as likely to buy the "right" kind.

nina
Raven
Raven

02 Oct 2006, 4:36 pm

I have never asked my husband to buy feminine products for me. However, after my daughter was born, I did send him to the store to buy a breast pump. He swore to never go back to that store ever again.

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2006, 5:55 pm

:lol: :Rofl:
I can not count how many times I ran to the store for my mother.
I can not count how many times I ran to the store for my (now ex) wife,
a few times for my sister,
and a cuple times for the girl I am with now.
it does not bother me.

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2006, 6:19 pm

I'm a man and I'm not in a relationship with a woman but I purchase "feminine products" for no other reason than that I feel like I should have them around, you know, just for the sake of it.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2006, 8:10 am

Yupa wrote:
I'm a man and I'm not in a relationship with a woman but I purchase "feminine products" for no other reason than that I feel like I should have them around, you know, just for the sake of it.

Huh? Why would you need them just for the sake of it? That seems totally bizarre to me.

lae
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2006, 11:50 pm

My husband has picked them up for me a couple of times but I don't often ask because he's so shy that it makes him blush.

ryansjoy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Oct 2006, 6:56 pm

man once you have a baby all that ohh I am so embarrassed goes out the window! my husband grew up with females and this is nothing for him... he is really open minded about this kind of stuff...

krex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2006, 12:50 am

I know it is rediculous at 42, but I am still "embarassed" to buy these things.My SO has bought them when I hurt to much to leave the house,If he said he had a problem with it<I wouldnt blame him but I did really appriciate it.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 2:25 pm

I'm going on 33 and yes I would let him, the other issue is whether he'd do it or not. ;)

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2006, 8:11 am

I'd ask if I had to but the situation has never arisen. The only thing I ever get is tampons and I get them in a big box so they will last a long time. I don't care what brand either.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2006, 3:20 pm

i only said yes because i find it extremely embrassing to have to go to the store and buy, say, condoms.......

i would never make a guy buy them if they were uncomfortable with it though....

and hellznrg.... i don't think it's a good idea to come back from the store with a different brand of feminine product than your partner is used to... especially if she is in immenent need of it... i don't imagine she would be in the best of moods to maybe try something new. :D

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl