Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Negolin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Nov 2011, 10:39 am

who else has odd or weird dreams?

sometimes if i dream about someone i know in real life, my behavior towards them will be a little awkward the following day...as if the dream was real.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 11:37 am

there is a whole thread of weird dreams, as well as an adult dream thread as well, on random and adult, respectively. i dreamt that i rode in a big boxy silver car with my sister, that roared like a jet airplane and floated above the ground like a hovercraft. we arrived at a house out in the country somewhere, and when we got into the house, my sister sat in front of a computer and listened to an MP3 of The Hollies singing "STOP STOP STOP!" ["STOP STOP STOP all the dancing, give me time to breathe- STOP STOP STOP all the dancing, or i'll have to leave!"].

Whosinabunker
Toucan
Toucan

07 Nov 2011, 12:03 pm

I have some...odd dreams, involving things that should be put into the adult forum and even then I don't think that would be enough. If the thought police were real, I would be so screwed. Though recently, I had a really weird dream that both excited and horrified me. It was late at night, and I was in a shady part of this unknown city (although it seemed as though I'd been living there for awhile). And I was much older (maybe mid to late twenties) and I was going to meet Jon Stewart (yes, THAT Jon Stewart) because he was the head of a branch of a very illegal black market. I went in, and I was apparently already deeply involved with him and this business and let's just say, I left with some...questionable items. But when I woke up, it excited me, to be a part of the outlaws of society, it sounds thrilling and scary at the same time. Dream rant over (BTW I saved you some of the more...juicy details)

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 12:50 pm

I have strong hallucinations related to my sleep paralysis where I see a large shadow like figure moving around my room.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 1:02 pm

My dreams are insane, too weird to describe.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 1:06 pm

My dreams are always weird and the often repeat themselves or at least elements of them do.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 1:49 pm

MagicMeerkat wrote:
My dreams are always weird and the often repeat themselves or at least elements of them do.

this is a sign they are trying to tell you something. i used to have repetitive dreams about being trapped in a dingy old lavatory where all the toilets were flooding and crappy pee-water was rising up to my nostrils and i was having to dodge turds floating around in the mess, and i would awaken from those nightmares panting and sweaty and out of sorts. the message of the dream was simply, "don't let [stuff] get to me."

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 4:23 pm

They are real dreams.....

gifts from god....

Chibs
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Nov 2011, 4:54 pm

I'd call my dreams pretty damn weird too. For example(copypastaing from elsewhere)

I dreamt that I was going to have a role in this movie called "Zombies Killed My Parents" (full name "Zombies Killed My Parents vs. Ninjas Killed My Parents", but the short name was the "official" name and was usually used because it's shorter), which was a horror/comedy movie. I was a ninja, who was (apparently) the main character, and I jumped around between houses killing zombies, but I only saw these scenes as short movie clips from 3rd person perspective. After that, we had to practise for the intro scene. I was in a room with some tables and other things(which reminds me of what I think was a room in my elementary school) with the camera crew, and also my dad who was going to fill in the role as either a zombie or a regular person. So we started, and in this part the locations had completely changed, to a dark place which I think was either a forest or a graveyard. Only thing I remember was that they used lots of fake blood, and some fake puke too(well, it was bright green, slightly slimy and smelled of puke). Shortly after this had started, I saw a tombstone getting splattered by blood, and as it dripped down, the name of the movie was revealed on the tombstone. And then the movie started... and I woke up. Wanted to see the actual movie... oh well.

(most of my dreams aren't this creepy though. They're usually more... silly and fun?)

Last edited by Chibs on 07 Nov 2011, 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 5:02 pm

auntblabby wrote:
this is a sign they are trying to tell you something. i used to have repetitive dreams about being trapped in a dingy old lavatory where all the toilets were flooding and crappy pee-water was rising up to my nostrils and i was having to dodge turds floating around in the mess, and i would awaken from those nightmares panting and sweaty and out of sorts. the message of the dream was simply, "don't let [stuff] get to me."

Ew...

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 6:43 pm

I always have strange and often bizarre dreams. Most of them involve an alternate universe, and during these dreams I can have flashbacks from earlier dreams, or recognize places from earlier dreams that I would not be able to do in my waking state. Most of my dreams involve driving alone, walking alone, and exploring random places...a common theme is exploring vast interior structures, such as malls or schools, with no windows except for skylights.

When I'm happy or in an optimistic state of mind, all the negative emotions I have tend to manifest themselves in my subconcious and my dreams. They always involve me getting in trouble and having people scream at me, becoming injured, or having to take care of something (usually a baby or a baby animal) that ends up dying.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

07 Nov 2011, 9:28 pm

I have a lot of strange dreams, and they often link together.

The other night I dreamt I was at some kind of outdoor party (I want to say wedding reception, but I don't have any actual specifics) and was with a small group of people. We saw the same group of people - including myself - doing something at the other side of the park, but they were gone by the time we arrived.

Later on, I dreamt I was in the same park with the same group of people, and we had to finish what we were doing before our past selves caught up with us. What we were doing was vitally important, but also vague. Might not have been vague in the dream, but I don't recall.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 9:32 pm

i keep having this dream that it is nightime outdoors and i am driving a luxury car that starts malfunctioning, refuses to accelerate, then morphs into a go-cart with no body and me out in the open, with people here and there looking at me askance like i was a freak, then the vehicle disappears altogether and i start having to walk, then it feels like my legs are made of lead with heavy weights attached to them and i can barely move, and i wake up sweating and panting and out of sorts.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 9:34 pm

i often think my dreams were real without realising. like today i asked my cousin why she'd moved her bed back from under the window- apparently she'd never moved it there in the first place. &when i was younger i was convinced that her fear of birds stemmed from a tragic pigeon incident at trafalgar square, which apparently never actually happened either :?

Burnbridge
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 9:59 pm

I thought dreams wee merely the role of the sensory facets of the mind playing their parts out as a person does all their thinking when they sleep. Seeing as how the brain has it's highest level of activity during sleep, to the point where the body shuts down to allow for more thorough processing. If you are subconsciously analyzing everything that happened to you or occurred to you during the day, a very disparate blend of images and sounds etc. will be part of that process. Ever wonder why people "sleep on it" when making decisions, or wake up the next day wondering why they were arguing the night before?

I make a point to try not to wake during dreams, as I'd rather have the closure from said processing than the novelty of having remembered a weird experience. Dream interpretation? Dreams are part of interpreting life, and I'll be damned if I'm going to trust the limits of my waking conscious mind to such a task.

All that being said, I've never heard of a ream that wasn't completely weird.

Foxx
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2011, 1:23 am

anneurysm wrote:
I always have strange and often bizarre dreams. Most of them involve an alternate universe, and during these dreams I can have flashbacks from earlier dreams, or recognize places from earlier dreams that I would not be able to do in my waking state. Most of my dreams involve driving alone, walking alone, and exploring random places...a common theme is exploring vast interior structures, such as malls or schools, with no windows except for skylights.

I often have alternate universe dreams as well, they usually start out with smaller details being different, but they eventually evolve into very different, but still plausible timelines.

As a child I often had shared dreams. I would usually dream the same dream as my dad.... suffice to say, lots of strange mornings at the breakfast table :D