Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Dec 2011, 11:36 am

i am usualy constantly fiddling around with a blue tangle that i got given at a ESPA college assesment.
i did have a fuzzy catipilar called jim (who went around in the washing machine and went all sticky, eventualy got replaced by one that i named jim jr) but from a tug of war game jim jr got streched to far and now he is broke to.
i did also have a fuzzy lion ball thingy but that also went in the washing machine the same time as jim..
i mostly just have that tangle at the moment or some play dough type stuff. i realy want more nice type things i see on ebay like big and amazing looking tangles but i cant afford anything i have just about no money ever.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 12:05 pm

I use squishy toys, that is, a balloon filled with some flour. One in each pocket, also car, desk, and so on. You can squeeze, pull, push a finger through, even twist and roll it. So far only one is burst, unfortunately over my keyboard, but no damage.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 12:08 pm

I rub my tickle (piece of silky material), bite my finger nails, pick my toe nails, pick anything I can find to pick both on myself or inanimate objects (ie labels off of bottles, picking place mats apart if they are made from cardboard), fiddle with pen lids, chew pen lids, smoke a lot, and fiddle in some ways that are a bit X rated for this post.

AdamDZ
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2011, 12:23 pm

I don't fidget constantly but I enjoy handling objects. Although I can go long time without touching anything, be still, etc., assuming I can have "place for my hands" like pockets, or something. I hate sitting or standing and not knowing what to do with my hands. That can lead to the need for holding something, but usually putting my hands in pockets works.

But I'd sometimes get sudden need to do something with my hands. Then I'd find something to do with my bikes or computers, sort some tools or parts. Recently I bought some Legos and I enjoy playing with them a lot.

I also enjoy peeling labels off of bottles and taking small things apart.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

01 Dec 2011, 12:41 pm

Yes. I fidget most of the time, tapping my fingers and stuff like that. Sometimes it helps to squeeze laundry balls. I use those as my fidgeting objects.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 12:48 pm

Yes I do.....and sometimes i am not aware of it.

like when I read I fidget with the pages, but I am not concious of it unless someone points it out or if I get distracted for a minute and catch myself doing it.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 12:55 pm

AdamDZ wrote:
Recently I bought some Legos and I enjoy playing with them a lot.

I kept my fischertechnics construction kit for about 40 yrs. Glad to hear i'm not the only one!

AdamDZ
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2011, 2:51 pm

PTSmorrow wrote:
AdamDZ wrote:
Recently I bought some Legos and I enjoy playing with them a lot.

I kept my fischertechnics construction kit for about 40 yrs. Glad to hear i'm not the only one!

I wish I had done it sooner :)

Az29
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Dec 2011, 3:40 pm

I fidget alot, sometimes I'm aware of it other times I'm not. When I sit at the computer and I'm just reading stuff I fiddle with the cord on the phone or press my fingers on the corner of the desk 4 times and then pick at it. I'll shake my leg when sitting watching a movie, play with my hands, clothes, anything really. I have a few facial piercings (labret & snakebites) and I'm always playing with them whether it's with my hands or with my tongue. I can't sit still, I have to keep changing position.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 4:20 pm

Constantly. I never stop moving for more than a few seconds.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 4:54 pm

I prefer to call it "self directed, pervasively persistent psycho-motor activity"

SylviaLynn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 8:35 pm

love it! I'd use that if I could remember it. I fidget with everything. Bounce. Tap.

10 yo dd on the spectrum

ashura96
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Dec 2011, 8:49 pm

Yup...do it all the time.

davidalan11235813
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Dec 2011, 8:58 pm

bumble wrote:
I rub my tickle (piece of silky material), bite my finger nails, pick my toe nails, pick anything I can find to pick both on myself or inanimate objects (ie labels off of bottles, picking place mats apart if they are made from cardboard), fiddle with pen lids, chew pen lids, smoke a lot, and fiddle in some ways that are a bit X rated for this post.

The bolded alone makes it sound X-rated :P .

As for me, I tend to fiddle quite a bit. A lot of it tends to come off as OCD behaviors to people (with no background in psychology, and no real knowledge of OCD beyond its use as a colloquial term) observing, ie, lining things up and continuing to adjust them any time they are disturbed, stacking things neatly, removing frayed edges from my papers and trimming them until I'm left with a straight edge, etc. I also have a habit of ripping, picking at, and peeling various things, as well as chewing on the inside of my mouth/cheeks.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 9:10 pm

I used to but unfortunately I think I have replaced fidgeting with snacking. Maybe I need a chew toy.

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Dec 2011, 11:08 am

SylviaLynn wrote:
love it! I'd use that if I could remember it. I fidget with everything. Bounce. Tap.

i keep loosing my tangle thing, down my bed, down the couch downstairs, etc.

it gets everywhere lol.