Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 10:40 am

I was listening to Obama the other day, and I once again, after one other time about a year ago, saw how -- if you were just listening to the words -- he usually sounds like a fantastic, benevolent, visionary, inspired leader that you want to follow. And, unfortunately, listening to the words is as much as a certain segment of the American populace cares to do. It's only when you take the time to dig through the facts behind the words that you start getting that sick feeling in your stomach, when you begin to see that the man is very perverse in the way he baits his audience forward toward his continued good life as president and their own destruction.

But I get it. People love Obama -- he sounds great. He sounds like he cares. People like feeling good. Dictators always speak this way -- reassuring, fighting-for-the-people, and setting up certain scapegoat groups of people which the dictators claim are the only thing standing between the country's present dire circumstances and him leading us into utopia. It's like the "People's Republic of China" -- doesn't that sound magnificent? And beneficent? What a wonderful title. If only it were true.
As with Obama, what wonderful words......

It just bugged me for the longest time: "WHY? WHY do people believe this obvious liar and word-baiter???" And then I remembered to step back, and view him from a mere surface perspective: Then he looked AMAZING!! ! Then I was like, "Ohhhhhhh, thaaaaat's why. Okay, I see." But listen to world dictators' speeches: They are always talking about fighting on behalf of the totally-oppressed people under them. No, we're not totally oppressed -- yet. Riculously regulated, but not totally oppressed yet. And no, Obama does not have the power of a dictator. But he IS that type of person: IF he had that power, he would wield it without mercy against the overwhelming majority of this country.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 10:53 am

He also looks good in a swimsuit

Can any of your Repugnican candidates beat this?

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 11:05 am

Compare President Obama to *shiver*

AspieRoss
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Dec 2011, 11:33 am

Obama has not only escalated the failed policies of the previous spokesmodel/president of the US, but he increased the failed policies by increasing the wars, not closing Guantanimo Bay (excuse spelling errors), giving millions of FREE money to the big private banks, closing down the Medical Marijuana shops in California, ignoring state passed initiatives, giving more control and power to the privately owned "Federal Reserve" (which is not a federal agency and does not have any reserve of gold/silver).

Voting for establishment candidates will only lead to more wealth and power for the 1%, and
less money and jobs for the rest of us.

Obama = Big FAIL

(It's so much easier to lie when you're just reading off a teleprompter)

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 11:36 am

AspieRoss wrote:

Voting for establishment candidates will only lead to more wealth and power for the 1%, and
less money and jobs for the rest of us.

Obama = Big FAIL

]

Current Republican crop a Bigger FAIL.

If the Independent voters do not see a feasible alternative to Obama he will be re-elected. Thank the Gods for the 22 Amendment.

ruveyn

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

08 Dec 2011, 1:03 pm

I saw Obama's appeal in 2008 before we found out who he truly was but not now. The appeal I see for him now is that he isn't the other guy.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 1:12 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I saw Obama's appeal in 2008 before we found out who he truly was but not now. The appeal I see for him now is that he isn't the other guy.

True. His principal appeal is that he isn't one of those vile, dastardly Repugnicans.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2011, 1:48 pm

And he could have ended the war in Afghanistan by having the troops take a blowtorch to those friggin opium crops, essentially crippling the Taliban (because that's their main source of income), and we wouldn't piss off Pakistan by doing so.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

08 Dec 2011, 2:28 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
And he could have ended the war in Afghanistan by having the troops take a blowtorch to those friggin opium crops, essentially crippling the Taliban (because that's their main source of income), and we wouldn't piss off Pakistan by doing so.

You'd cripple the entire economy. If you think the local populace hates us now, imagine how PO'd they'd be if we shut down their only source of income. Interesting fact, when the Taliban was in power they almost completely shut down the opium trade in Afghanistan.

Make peace with the Taliban(they did not attack us on 9/11), switch our focus to India and Iran instead of supposed "ally" Pakistan to ensure stability in Afghanistan. Pakistan and Saudi Arabia are our supposed allies when they were instrumental in the Taliban coming to power in Afghanistan with the US giving tacit support we against the Iranian-Indian-Russian backed Northern Alliance.

dmm1010
Toucan
Toucan

08 Dec 2011, 2:28 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

Meh. They'd just plant more poppies.

godoftruemercy
Toucan
Toucan

09 Dec 2011, 3:06 am

What the Bleep Has Obama Done So Far

But for real, he is a tad disappointing. Still better than anybody the right has (although I think Olympia Snowe is freakin' awesome.)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 7:18 am

Jacoby wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

You'd cripple the entire economy. If you think the local populace hates us now, imagine how PO'd they'd be if we shut down their only source of income. Interesting fact, when the Taliban was in power they almost completely shut down the opium trade in Afghanistan.

Make peace with the Taliban(they did not attack us on 9/11), switch our focus to India and Iran instead of supposed "ally" Pakistan to ensure stability in Afghanistan. Pakistan and Saudi Arabia are our supposed allies when they were instrumental in the Taliban coming to power in Afghanistan with the US giving tacit support we against the Iranian-Indian-Russian backed Northern Alliance.

I thought Afghanistan had trillions of dollars worth of untapped mineral wealth, including rare earths that are in super high demand. Wouldn't that more than offset the income from opium? Plus the mineral deposits are in the one province (Badakhshan, in the northeast stem of Afghanistan that borders China) that was never taken over by the Taliban.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 7:40 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
I thought Afghanistan had trillions of dollars worth of untapped mineral wealth, including rare earths that are in super high demand. Wouldn't that more than offset the income from opium? Plus the mineral deposits are in the one province (Badakhshan, in the northeast stem of Afghanistan that borders China) that was never taken over by the Taliban.

I imagine it's a matter of infrastructure and overhead; mineral extraction requires equipment, expertise and investment far beyond the means of the Afghan people. Opium growing on the other hand, is just a form of agriculture, and a rather simple one at that. Now if we ended the drug war and the price fell out of opium crops, we might see a shift to other industries, but that's not likely to happen.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 8:53 am

Opium poppies are rather pretty, too.

Poppy seeds come from the same plant.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2011, 9:25 am

Perhaps the Gasoline Producers of America don't want us to tap into the minerals (the rare earths are used in hybrid/electric batteries)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkzBwXNACrM[/youtube]