Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 10:49 am

Looking at the latest polls, it looks like Paul is going to end up being the next flavor-of-the-month. Flavor-of-the-month or not, though, he has a large and fanatical following that could keep him in the lead long enough to secure the nomination, and there presently are no other remotely credible candidates in the running besides Romney.

And Bachmann is still a laughable and pathetic bully.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 10:53 am

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 11:17 am

Asp-Z wrote:
Look, I don't disagree with you on the score that Paul is a weirdo, and I would be horrified if his policies were implemented. However, as far as I know, he is a straight-shooter and doesn't have any really bad skeletons in his closet. I imagine that, if he were to attain some face credibility, he would be relatively well insulated from most lines of attack. Strategically, he is looking like a stronger candidate than he did less than a month ago, when I pretty much suggested that Hell would freeze over before he so much as became a front-runner. His general neutrality, even occasional amiability, on gay rights would probably benefit him with conservatives who see that particular issue as a distraction from more important ones, and being strongly pro-life would benefit him with the religious right.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 11:25 am

I only posted that picture because I have no idea which Paul you're referring to, and the one from that film is the first to come to mind :P

Perhaps post the full name of who you're talking about, since I assume he's a politician of some sort.

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 11:52 am

Asp-Z wrote:
I only posted that picture because I have no idea which Paul you're referring to, and the one from that film is the first to come to mind :P

Perhaps post the full name of who you're talking about, since I assume he's a politician of some sort.
Excuse me. I am talking about Ron Paul. His ideas about economics are worrisome. Are you familiar with the Austrian school of economic thought? I've been trying to look into it. It strikes me as ridiculous based on what I've seen so far. The philosophy seems to be, "ignore the evidence, and do whatever you can write a popular poem about."

lunarious
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Dec 2011, 12:02 pm

Bismillah Al-Rahman Al-Raheem

The description of the movie title is interesting.
A close combatant does not fight a distant combatant, of course that is ridicilous!
But ... then ... everyone wants to be DC?
Then everyone wants to group with other DC's?
Ehem.
Play any game if you don't want to test it on reality.
You will find out that DC's are always losers.
Cavalery takes out DCs.
Certain foot soliders are immune to DCs.

If you are a DC and get into the Zone of CC you will be dead / under his service.

Salam

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 12:25 pm

We also have it on record that Mr. Paul is either not a "queer", or simply that he finds Bruno to be unattractive

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7RnlPQCKBQ[/youtube]

Plus, I have to agree: Ron Paul is much cuter than Enrique Iglesias.

I'm sure that Rick Perry would have shagged Bruno if Rick had been invited to that interview.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 12:43 pm

pandabear wrote:
We also have it on record that Mr. Paul is either not a "queer", or simply that he finds Bruno to be unattractive

I'm sure that Rick Perry would have shagged Bruno if Rick had been invited to that interview.

Another Zionist attempt to derail him!

I'm surprised Mikey didn't cover it.

BTW, here's an interesting look at his supporters

Billionaires favor Romney, Obama, and Rick Perry. Some have donated to other candidates, but none have donated to Paul.

You can see here how the donations break down a little better:

Ron Paul donations

Paul may not get the biggest donations, but maybe he gets the most. The middle class sure are behind him more than anyone.

I wonder what the gap in campaign money will be once the primaries are over, since this is the first election that corporations can donate an unlimited amount of money into their choice of candidate.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

20 Dec 2011, 3:18 pm

What scares the establishment so much about Ron Paul is that his support rock solid and unwavering. He is no here-today-gone-tomorrow flavor of the month.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 3:18 pm

Corporations aren't going to give anything to Ron Paul.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 3:26 pm

pandabear wrote:
Corporations aren't going to give anything to Ron Paul.

Of course, he doesn't respect their personhood.

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 4:45 pm

I opened up a thread on his economics, which tend toward the "austrian school." I doubt I'll be able to to participate during the holiday, but I would love to know more about the Austrian school. What I've heard about it is not especially promising, but I am actually quite interested in hearing about its justifications and criticisms in more detail.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 9:42 pm

snapcap wrote:
pandabear wrote:

Another Zionist attempt to derail him!

I'm surprised Mikey didn't cover it.

BTW, here's an interesting look at his supporters

Billionaires favor Romney, Obama, and Rick Perry. Some have donated to other candidates, but none have donated to Paul.

You can see here how the donations break down a little better:

Ron Paul donations

Paul may not get the biggest donations, but maybe he gets the most. The middle class sure are behind him more than anyone.

I wonder what the gap in campaign money will be once the primaries are over, since this is the first election that corporations can donate an unlimited amount of money into their choice of candidate.

Zionist attempt to derail him? Seriously? Just because Sasha Baron-Cohen is Jewish, and was getting some laughs at Paul's expense?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 10:00 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Zionist attempt to derail him? Seriously? Just because Sasha Baron-Cohen is Jewish, and was getting some laughs at Paul's expense?

How do you know he's not? I mean, he's not really that funny, I'd imagine most Zionists aren't very humorous.

BTW, I mentioned that because it fit Mikey's previous thread.

Mikey's previous thread

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 10:07 pm

snapcap wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

How do you know he's not? I mean, he's not really that funny, I'd imagine most Zionists aren't very humorous.

BTW, I mentioned that because it fit Mikey's previous thread.

Mikey's previous thread

Well, I laughed hysterically when I watched Bruno and Borrat, so I have to disagree with you about him not being funny.
And I doubt that politics detracts from one's humor.

snapcap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2011, 10:13 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Well, I laughed hysterically when I watched Bruno and Borrat, so I have to disagree with you about him not being funny.
And I doubt that politics detracts from one's humor.

Meh, comedy that takes shots at other's expense is pretty hit and miss for me.