Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2006, 9:13 pm

likedcalico wrote:
On work mornings. I get up, grab a clean pair of underwear and my work uniform, go in the bathroom, striping naked, weighing myself, getting dressed, having breakfast on the couch while watching Tv and brushing my hair and I brush my teeth when it gets close to leaving and I put two barretes in my hair or a bobby pin. Then I turn everything off and put on my shoes and call for my dogs making sure they're still around and i feed them and I lock my door and leave.

On non work days, I get up and weigh myself and have breakfast on the couch watching TV, then I do whatever I feel like doing. I'm always planning what to do the next day when I am off work. If I don't plan anything I feel restless and bored because I don't know what to do.

Does anyone find it very hard to break your routine? I sure do. Is this an aspie thing?

I like to have my weekend planned out. My work days are very predictable. I don't know if it's an aspie thing, because I know that I will occasionally have to break my routine during certain situations--like vacations, and emergency situations (like my situation yesterday when I got stranded in knee-deep flood waters and my car was stalled).

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

17 Oct 2006, 10:21 pm

I get very stressed when unexpected things occur.

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2006, 12:58 am

I deal with rapidly changing circumstances quite badly, though sometimes (depending on who) I can simply get up and go out with a random visitor, though if I know someone is coming over it takes me 3-4 hours to prepare myself mentally.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2006, 2:22 pm

Rituals are a very AS thing. My Mother often has to meet my 5pm dinner criteria. I also strictly do not eat or drink (unless extremely thirsty) for an hour before lunch or dinner. My Mother made me nearly panic when she said I had to eat a banana and it was 45 minutes before lunch (I'm on a weight gain diet), and that was not because of the calorific value (I'm over that), but because it was the wrong time! :oops: