Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Sixela
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Oct 2006, 8:08 pm

Yep, I do. I'm always scared that it might happen if I took up driving again. I did it more when I was younger, but it still happens. Mostly when I'm in deep thought, which can happen any time I'm 'board' (my senses are deprived).

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2006, 9:34 am

The shadow from the control on my bathroom radiator at a certain time of day makes a nice squirrel. And there used to be a finch or sparrow on the old cork floor tiles that were in there. One of the patterns on a floral wallpaper I had in the bedroom used to quite upset me because it looked like a small dead animal of some kind lying on its back. Hmm... I seem to see animals in things more than faces.

I'd like to do the inkblot test.

VesicaPisces
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Oct 2006, 10:09 am

Their was a time when I was driving down the freeway only to lookup and see my name spelled out clear as day in the clouds. The individual clouds were the letters. In the technical sense this was just an unlikely pattern, though anyone who was looking up at that moment from a similar angle would have seen the same thing. I wish I had posessed a camera at that moment.

KenG
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2006, 4:10 pm

Musical_Lottie wrote:
I often have had hands waved in front of my eyes because I am staring at things.
I often experience the same myself, and I am always offended by it - It is as though people think I am blind, while it is them who are the blind ones :(

http://www.autscape.org/

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 6:11 am

scrulie wrote:
Snowfern wrote:
i enjoy crafts like knitting, crochet, tatting and beading. the repetitiveness calms me. but i cannot seem to tolerate freeform crafts. symmetry is very important to me.

I do artwork, flat/2-D only, and rely on symmetry to help guide me, otherwise I'm stuck with too many possibilities & I can't get started or keep going. I draw mandalas (colored pencil or marker) with geometric & organic shapes, they look abstract yet floral. I create mazes freehand on paper. I weave friendship bracelets bc. I like choosing the colors & making up the pattern as I go along.
scrulie wrote:
Krex, I'm like you in that I seem to get much more out of LSD than the people I'm tripping with! I particularly love being out in nature when tripping and seeing the patterns in plants. I also think marijuana affects me differently to most.
I spend hours making kaleidoscopic patterns on the computer and I see patterns everywhere. I am obsessed with symmetry and visual perfection. I love fractals

I had fun when tripping, going through magazines & drawing triangles all over the ads, diagramming the patterns that made up the images. I would see intricate patterns on a blank piece of paper, it was quite entertaining. Only tried 'shrooms once bc. it was way too intense, overwhelming & nausea-inducing for me. Ever since I first saw fractals & Mandlebrot sets I thought they were super-cool.

Snowfern
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Oct 2006, 6:50 am

Belfast wrote:
I do artwork, flat/2-D only, and rely on symmetry to help guide me, otherwise I'm stuck with too many possibilities & I can't get started or keep going. I draw mandalas (colored pencil or marker) with geometric & organic shapes, they look abstract yet floral. I create mazes freehand on paper. I weave friendship bracelets bc. I like choosing the colors & making up the pattern as I go along.

oh yes i used to make plenty of friendship bracelets as well, i figured out a better way to do it myself, could do alphabets, make hearts, etc all kinds. it's just macrame on a smaller scale....

do you have pics of some of your work? i would love to view them! (maybe in another thread or something?)

my symmetry is very odd too. if i scratch my face on the right side, i will feel the urge to scratch it on the other to 'balance' things out. like if i step onto tiles i will try to avoid the sides and stick to one colour at a time. this used to be my fave thing to do as a kid and drove my mom crazy. i still do it now though.....when not too many people are around :X

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2006, 4:33 pm

i observe patterns very often, wallpaper (special fascination since i'm very young, my son has that too, i remember him watching my clothes with stripes or dots with a lot of interest when i was breastfeeding him) , ceilings, walls, clouds, curtains, clothes, paint, stiches.

and drawing/peinting them, patterns are a part of almost every painting.

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2006, 4:43 pm

Patterns? All. The. Time.
Acid/mescaline/shrooms make it even more pronounced.

ooohprettycolors
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Nov 2006, 12:20 am

when i was first learning to talk, i would point out at trees and say things like "look, a lion" and my mom would have no clue what i was talking about. it wasn't until i was older that i could explain that i saw shapes in the foliage and other things. I think this is common amongst creative people. Leonardo daVinci wrote in his diaries that to stretch your mind, you should look at stone walls and cobbles streets and find faces, animals, and such. I tried to find the exact quote but i couldn't.

i too have always wanted to do an inkblot test. When i got my neuropsych evaluation done, i asked her if i would get to do that and she said no. One of the only disapointments of psychology breaking free from archaic psychoanalsis. :(

squier
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2006, 11:35 am

soulmate wrote:
Does anyone here notice patterns in everyday things? Like clouds, countertops, water, just random things. When I think I see a pattern, I'll stare at it because it's beautiful. I probably look like a moron, just staring at whatever.

there is a natural pattern reacurring in nature, actually, it is called the fibbonaci code. it is the first number plus theprevious number = next #...
0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13...

just stating fact.

my book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/710903

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2006, 12:14 pm

I find the fibonacci thing very exciting! :D

SilentBedlam
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2006, 1:39 pm

Has anyone ever tried tuning a tv slightly off a station, so that the colour remains, but the image is noisy? I find you can see all sorts of beautiful fast-changing kalaedoscopic patterns in the noise if you relax your eyes, and zone out slightly. I find that the image behind dissappears, and all you see are the patterns your mind makes with the chaos of dots and fuzz.

There is nothing about these perplexing and morally insensitive humans that cannot be solved with the aid of a heavy machine gun.

Deutha
Toucan
Toucan

23 Nov 2006, 9:00 pm

definately!! ! pattern mad....think its the only decent ability i have

agreeing with diseased....shrooms....woo that does open up the unexpected

Eyphur
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Nov 2006, 9:38 pm

I often study the patterns in bathroom floor tile. The house I grew up in had linolium in the bathromm that was embossed to look like hexagon tiles and I allways would study the patterns I could make with the hexagons.

I also prefer things to be symetrical. I think it looks more neat.

ooohprettycolors
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Nov 2006, 10:21 pm

I just thought of something. In Italy this summer, the school had this old bathroom linoleum that had sort of whirling patterns which to me, were blatantly obvious aliens and fetuses. It was so intricate and interesting i'd sometimes just stay there looking at the floor. I mentioned the fetus floor tile one day in conversation, assuming it was obvious to everyone else. Haha I got laughed at! No one else could see it, even though we were all artists.

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2006, 6:33 am

Eyphur wrote:
I also prefer things to be symetrical. I think it looks more neat.

I like symmetrical things. In games like The Sims, I always build perfectly symmetrical houses, or they just... annoy/bother me.

I think the symmetry thing might be why I prefer odd numbers to even numbers. If you lay out an odd number of objects, you can choose which one's the dead center.

Even numbers always seem 'incomplete'.