Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

so_subtly_strange
Toucan
Toucan

12 Jan 2012, 9:04 pm

jenny jensens call is 213 days unreturned. well less than that by a week or so. it was 213 days ago that i sent the email which was replied to with her number.

i am realizing my feelings about finally getting dx are more complicated than i would have suspected.
i am once again on the chopping block at my place of employment, partially due to communicative and cognitive issues rooted of my condition

which was not originally my reason to desire diagnosis, but now im feeling this may be an important thing to move forward with. the resume of my work history is starting to get long enough that anyone who really looks at it asks why i have been through so many jobs.

but once i have what will i do? i still worry people wont understand, or will misunderstand me even more than if i just dont say anything about why im different and have certain difficulties. and then even if people do 'go easier' on me because of my issues, that partially makes me angry, why do i have to explain myself? why isn't it enough that i try my best?

more to say, will try to get online again later. gotta go for now.

jpr11011
Raven
Raven

12 Jan 2012, 10:53 pm

Best of luck, keep us updated!

Remember, a diagnosis does not define you.

You may wish to tell employers, you may not. If you tell, mention your positive traits as well :)