Why do I keep losing weight!! !

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page:

theaspiemusician
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:32 pm

I mean I eat! I don't have an eating disorder, sometimes I really pig out, especially on garlic bread and cheese (yum :D ) I don't really skip meals either but I've gone from 100 pounds to 96 in the past few days. Only a month ago I was 108. I don't even need to lose weight, I get stupid the more thin I get. I know where all the weight goes though....it's gross but let's just say I don't absorb my food at all and leave it at that. :eew: What's wrong with me?! !!

"One pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small but the pills that mother gives you don't do anything at all"

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:40 pm

You are young and your metabolism is probably fast. A lot of time when you lose 1-5lbs in a short amount of time it can also be lost water weight. I guess if it's a problem you could just eat more, maybe some different things that "absord" in you better, and drink more water.

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:38 pm

go to a doctor

quirkyandlaughing
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:17 pm

Ravenclawgurl wrote:
go to a doctor

This is good advice. Though I have to say, doctors can take FOREVER to figure stuff out. I always google my symptoms to death, then go to the doctor with some potential diagnoses in mind.

When I lost weight for no reason it was hyperthyroidism. Aspies are at a higher risk for thyroid disorders than the general population, so it may be worth googling to see if that's what's going on with you.

Good luck!

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:50 pm

quirkyandlaughing wrote:
Aspies are at a higher risk for thyroid disorders than the general population

Really? How?

arielhawksquill
Veteran
Veteran

Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:18 pm

If you're lost 12 pounds in one month you should really, really go to a doctor. Unexplained weight loss is a symptom of several very serious diseases.

You mention that you eat a lot of cheese and garlic bread, and also that you have frequent digestive difficulties. Maybe those things are connected? A significant number of folks on here have problems digesting gluten and casein.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:23 pm

smudge wrote:
quirkyandlaughing wrote:

Really? How?

Well?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:44 pm

You should see a doctor about it. Being hyperthyroid can cause you to lose weight, I was hyperhtyroid when I was younger. Also, if your food isn't digesting properly then you aren't absorbing proper nutrition from it. Both of those are things that can cause you serious problems. I'd urge you to see a doctor asap. If I'm not mistaken you are underage and live with your parents (I may be confusing you with someone else though). You should probably let them know about this tonight so that they can make you an appointment soon.

emtyeye
Veteran
Veteran

Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:10 pm

smudge wrote:
smudge wrote:
quirkyandlaughing wrote:

Really? How?

Well?

Hey quirkyandlaughing, please follow up with a reference on this if you have one. My mom is also Aspie and has a thyroid problem and now you got me very curious... Uh oh, feel a new special interest topic coming on...

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:45 am

emtyeye wrote:
smudge wrote:
smudge wrote:
quirkyandlaughing wrote:

Really? How?

Well?

Hey quirkyandlaughing, please follow up with a reference on this if you have one. My mom is also Aspie and has a thyroid problem and now you got me very curious... Uh oh, feel a new special interest topic coming on...

Google is your friend. I can't find anything that specifically states that Autistics are at higher risk for Thyroid disease, but there are tons of pages indicating a link between Thyroid Disease in the family (especially the mother during pregnancy), and higher instances of Autism.

That said, I believe TD in the family already puts one at higher risk for TD, but that would be independent of whether or not you have Autism. In other words, there are indicators that SUGGEST TD in the family, and especially a pregnant mother, creates higher risk for Autism. But TD in the family is more likely what causes higher risk for TD, not Autism that does.

Example: If there is no TD in your family, but you have Autism anyway, there probably isn't any heightened risk for TD.

That's my best deduction.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:01 pm

MrXxx wrote:
emtyeye wrote:
smudge wrote:
smudge wrote:
quirkyandlaughing wrote:

Really? How?

Well?

Google is your friend. I can't find anything that specifically states that Autistics are at higher risk for Thyroid disease, but there are tons of pages indicating a link between Thyroid Disease in the family (especially the mother during pregnancy), and higher instances of Autism.

That said, I believe TD in the family already puts one at higher risk for TD, but that would be independent of whether or not you have Autism. In other words, there are indicators that SUGGEST TD in the family, and especially a pregnant mother, creates higher risk for Autism. But TD in the family is more likely what causes higher risk for TD, not Autism that does.

Example: If there is no TD in your family, but you have Autism anyway, there probably isn't any heightened risk for TD.

That's my best deduction.

Thank you. :D That is interesting. There is TD in my family, but I thought it was a fairly common disorder anyway. I heard that blood tests can't always detect thyroid disorders. Is that true?

Blue_and_Orange
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Sweet potatoes are notorious for burning fat, I don't know if you eat them. Corn also cleans out your system really well.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:08 pm

^^ Ask for a full thyroid workup instead of just a TSH, T3 and T4 which is what they usually do around here. Also have your doc check for a goiter. Both of those things should be able to detect any thyroid problem.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:15 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
^^ Ask for a full thyroid workup instead of just a TSH, T3 and T4 which is what they usually do around here. Also have your doc check for a goiter. Both of those things should be able to detect any thyroid problem.

What does a full thyroid checkup involve? I've had the blood test done and they say nothing's up. But, my digestion isn't right - I can't digest anything until after 1-2pm, and I normally eat after 2-3pm, sometimes 5pm as that's the only time I start to get hungry. And I get indigestion a lot - that's being checked up on. If I eat a small meal a day, like say - a sandwich, a packet of crisps and a juice, then I don't get indigestion.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:20 pm

smudge wrote:
Thank you. :D That is interesting. There is TD in my family, but I thought it was a fairly common disorder anyway. I heard that blood tests can't always detect thyroid disorders. Is that true?

No clue. It doesn't run in my family at all, but it does in my wife's. She hasn't had a problem that we know of yet, but her mom does. Never really talked to her much about it though.

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page:

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to: