The-Raven
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 5:23 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The-Raven wrote:

What i really need is a positive nice friend who will say nice things to me, I wish they could be rented.

You can rent me, send me a pm.

wow, you mean you can be nice if people pay you 8O

:lol:

I offer a long free trial period. Your choice.

lol will you send me an upgrade warning when it runs out.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 5:28 pm

The-Raven wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The-Raven wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The-Raven wrote:

What i really need is a positive nice friend who will say nice things to me, I wish they could be rented.

You can rent me, send me a pm.

wow, you mean you can be nice if people pay you 8O

:lol:

I offer a long free trial period. Your choice.

lol will you send me an upgrade warning when it runs out.

Most probably, my upgrade warnings come in unpredictable atypical ways tho.

Zinnel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Mar 2012, 5:29 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
i don't really get how a person would be more confident if they had to pay someone to pose as a girlfriend.

Well, here's a funny thing I've noticed.

There was that girl in the gym who was so stuck up that she wouldn't hi me back even if she bumps into me. i had her twin sister as friend on my fb (and she's way nicer) whom she always talked to me casually without any complication (online and in real) , of course i didn't try to add the mean twin and didn't want to.

But in the same day i posted a photo of me with my two female friends, she sent me a friend request O_O. I was like "Whoa? What? that one never even said a hi to me"

It has to do with one of the most annoying types of judgements I think that humans make about others
Basicly It the "If others like/want (insert name), then I will like/want (insert name) too".
It a type thought process that alot of people fall into sometimes, and honestly I tend to avoid people who use that sort of thinking. Because they tended to just read the book by its cover instead of taking the time to read the pages, and thats not cool with me even if they liked cover in the first place.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 6:18 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
i don't really get how a person would be more confident if they had to pay someone to pose as a girlfriend.

There was that girl in the gym who was so stuck up that she wouldn't hi me back even if she bumps into me. i had her twin sister as friend on my fb (and she's way nicer) whom she always talked to me casually without any complication (online and in real) , of course i didn't try to add the mean twin and didn't want to.

But in the same day i posted a photo of me with my two female friends, she sent me a friend request O_O. I was like "Whoa? What? that one never even said a hi to me"

that wasn't what i said. i am sure that having hot people pose with you would give people the idea you are hot stuff. but it wouldn't change your confidence levels inside yourself because you would know you are a fraud.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 6:24 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

that wasn't what i said. i am sure that having hot people pose with you would give people the idea you are hot stuff. but it wouldn't change your confidence levels inside yourself because you would know you are a fraud.

I agree with that but maybe the attention would boost their confidence a little but their goal wouldn't be really just boosting it.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2012, 6:24 pm

hey wait?? do you mean I am a hot stuff??

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 1:30 am

Space wrote:
good post. Fear is a killer!

Thanks, I'm glad you agree.

Space wrote:
I think a lot of people here (including myself) could benefit from some kind of brain-reprogramming or rewiring for lack of a better term.

A lot of the fear and self-loathing I've experienced and seen expressed borders on the pathological. An AS person needs to find positive people in the real world (off the internet) that will encourage them and be a positive influence so that their lives can improve. It's easy to read an article about fear, feel better for a moment, then regress back to how you felt initially in a short period of time. It's a long process to change, and I think a lack of family/social supports that encourage the AS person to change and overcome their problems is a larger barrier. The fear and feelings of desperation are symptoms of this great problem I believe.

I agree, it's a long process to change negative core beliefs and thought patterns, it definitely doesn't happen over night and one post isn't going to change that but it might encourage people in the right direction.

Negative people can definitely have a strong effect on others, their thoughts and negativity can carry messages into your subconscious. Of course, the process is slow but negative people can definitely influence and reanimate those old self-defeating core beliefs and emotions so it's better to surround yourself with family and support systems that encourage positivity and change.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 1:42 am

machf wrote:
Some time ago, I read someone started a "rent-a-girlfriend" company, for a certain amount, you'd get someone to pose on Facebook as your g/f for some time. Maybe someone should start a similar business...

If a person did that, they would be cheating themselves or even the person they wish to attract. It might invoke jealousy but I don't see how it could build real confidence as it would be a lie and fraudulent. Being honest with yourself and others is the best policy and living a lie is hardly going to build any real confidence.

It sounds like it would be detrimental and exploitation towards the women involved as well, treating them as leverage or accessories. I don't know if you'd find many girls to do it but I'm sure you could find someone willing to sell their self respect for money.

mglosenger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Mar 2012, 5:21 am

Wolfheart wrote:
Life is unfair and it's going to throw blows and disappointment at you, no matter what. Being able to discern that negativity is going to help you to recover faster and move on. If you get rejected, what good can come from it by over analysing and letting it define you as a failure? Having the ability to pick yourself up and carry on under fire will help you.

Everything I've ever tried to do creatively has failed. At what point do I say it's never going to work rather than endlessly subjecting myself to pointlessness? I've chosen to recognize that point and to know that I've reached it.

Society in general just isn't compelling to me. I work only so that I can get money so that I won't die. With my free time I invariably escape somehow, via particular computer games or novels or TV shows or movies etc.

I really just don't want to be here. My fear of death is still there but not nearly as compelling as it once was. I mostly am still here because I made promises to people in the form of loans and I can't let those be on my conscience - I already tried and I couldn't do it.

I've removed all ties with everything else, family, (I've never really had any friends so that's easy), 'world events', whatever that even is exactly, society in general.

Really, it's not so much that I'm bothered by failing at whatever, it's that I feel there's really nowhere for me to go anyway while I'm here. It would be nice if my creative endeavors made profit so that I could interact less with people and society. At the same time, I'm not going to compromise my beliefs in order to make big money - I'm willing to compromise them slightly to make a little money, and even at every job I've ever had I avoid people and ignore the boss(es) as much as possible.

I simply don't want to be here. I never have, ever since I was little, and I never will.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 2:12 pm

mglosenger wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
Life is unfair and it's going to throw blows and disappointment at you, no matter what. Being able to discern that negativity is going to help you to recover faster and move on. If you get rejected, what good can come from it by over analysing and letting it define you as a failure? Having the ability to pick yourself up and carry on under fire will help you.

Everything I've ever tried to do creatively has failed. At what point do I say it's never going to work rather than endlessly subjecting myself to pointlessness? I've chosen to recognize that point and to know that I've reached it.

Society in general just isn't compelling to me. I work only so that I can get money so that I won't die. With my free time I invariably escape somehow, via particular computer games or novels or TV shows or movies etc.

I really just don't want to be here. My fear of death is still there but not nearly as compelling as it once was. I mostly am still here because I made promises to people in the form of loans and I can't let those be on my conscience - I already tried and I couldn't do it.

I've removed all ties with everything else, family, (I've never really had any friends so that's easy), 'world events', whatever that even is exactly, society in general.

Really, it's not so much that I'm bothered by failing at whatever, it's that I feel there's really nowhere for me to go anyway while I'm here. It would be nice if my creative endeavors made profit so that I could interact less with people and society. At the same time, I'm not going to compromise my beliefs in order to make big money - I'm willing to compromise them slightly to make a little money, and even at every job I've ever had I avoid people and ignore the boss(es) as much as possible.

I simply don't want to be here. I never have, ever since I was little, and I never will.

In what way have your creative attempts failed? To what standard? art is unique and not always comparative, if something is unique, it has individual merits. It's important that you are making an effort and you aren't afraid to express yourself, those are two positive traits, it's simply a matter of perspective. Have you asked every person to critique every creative piece you created or did you simply do something creative for yourself? Remember it is subjective, you might see imperfection in your own work whereas someone else might see something beautiful.

Maybe society isn't compelling to you, there are some people that don't find society compelling, some people find other things compelling and can focus their motivation into that. I'm sure that if you shared your interest with the world, you could find someone that enjoys games or novels, someone that enjoys literature or animation. Maybe you could both live in your own little world of interests and not have to socialize much with others, I know couples that rarely socialize with other people and just enjoy the company of each other.

Thom_Fuleri
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 6:20 pm

Wolfheart wrote:
machf wrote:
Some time ago, I read someone started a "rent-a-girlfriend" company, for a certain amount, you'd get someone to pose on Facebook as your g/f for some time. Maybe someone should start a similar business...

If a person did that, they would be cheating themselves or even the person they wish to attract. It might invoke jealousy but I don't see how it could build real confidence as it would be a lie and fraudulent. Being honest with yourself and others is the best policy and living a lie is hardly going to build any real confidence.

It sounds like it would be detrimental and exploitation towards the women involved as well, treating them as leverage or accessories. I don't know if you'd find many girls to do it but I'm sure you could find someone willing to sell their self respect for money.

It would be a bad idea, this is true. It's essentially a form of prostitution. I think the effect on the women would be minimal, potential stalkers not withstanding, but anyone taking up the service is living a fantasy and ultimately doing themselves harm.

A better business would be a girlfriend consultancy. A business that, for a set payment (plus expenses, such as meals out) sets up the customer with a "girlfriend" for, say, one week. Sex would not be involved in this business. For this one week, he takes out the girl on dates, does all the small talk and so on, essentially as if dating a real girlfriend. At the end of the week, he gets a report with detailed feedback and areas for attention, so real dates go better.

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 7:38 pm

MXH wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
MXH wrote:
again wolfheart, I like you are trying to help people here but this is just a bit too out there in optimism land. Ive been trying this out for many years to no avail.

The intention of this thread isn't to give advice on how to attract a hundred women or how to be a player, it isn't going to be a miracle cure or make you an Adonis over night. It's simply describing what I have found works best when it comes to overcoming social anxiety and negative thought patterns so they can have a more positive outlook or attitude when it comes to approaching the dating scene.

I never stated that my advice was the only thing for everyone, that would be biased of me. I understand that altering negative core beliefs and thought patterns can be a very complex process, it's something that must be approached with sensitivity and on an individual basis.

MXH wrote:
Not that its impossible to do. II find theyre easy things to do in the heat of battle. Just not exactly as miraculous claims as theyre made out to be. Pretty much hes just saying to go after another girl, she says no then repeat. Thats not fixing the problem, thats called shotgun approach.

In regards to the shotgun approach? I think it's a good approach because after all, it is direct and instant for people who create a good first impression and speeds up the process of finding a potential date or someone who will give you a chance. If someone can learn to create a good first impression and escalate quickly, the shotgun method is good.

As for the sniper rifle approach you have mentioned in the past, I have never discouraged against anyone using that method and I have actually recommended that method in many threads towards guys and girls that struggle to make a good first impression.

Umm, those two things contradict themselves. Shotgun approach is more for picking up women, if you're looking for someone worth a relationship you need something more personal/specific than just going for whoever says yes. Otherwise i dont see the relationship lasting more than a week.

Shotgun approach is for maximizing your chances of meeting someone compatible.
I honestly don't think you truly understand the advice people give about confidence and practice because you probably have no point of reference other than your own negative fantasies. Once you can get into a positive feedback loop you will learn and internalize the nuances of romantic relationships, and as you gain success you will gain confidence and at some point it will just be easy and natural to continue.

It's like riding a bike, I'm sure most of us are confident in our abilities to hop on and pedal away.

You keep bringing up the definition of insanity, but have you considered that you may not be applying the advice correctly? You need to have the eureka moment.

I admit that it is not easy to get this started, nor is it guaranteed, but perseverance greatly increases your chances.. to like 90%... and I mean real perseverance.
(yeah yeah 70% of statistics are made up on the spot)

You will probably totally reject this post, but keep in mind it is just my thoughts on the matter and is intended for anyone reading it.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2012, 7:44 pm

Subotai wrote:
Shotgun approach is for maximizing your chances of meeting someone compatible.
I honestly don't think you truly understand the advice people give about confidence and practice because you probably have no point of reference other than your own negative fantasies. Once you can get into a positive feedback loop you will learn and internalize the nuances of romantic relationships, and as you gain success you will gain confidence and at some point it will just be easy and natural to continue.

It's like riding a bike, I'm sure most of us are confident in our abilities to hop on and pedal away.

You keep bringing up the definition of insanity, but have you considered that you may not be applying the advice correctly? You need to have the eureka moment.

I admit that it is not easy to get this started, nor is it guaranteed, but perseverance greatly increases your chances.. to like 90%... and I mean real perseverance.
(yeah yeah 70% of statistics are made up on the spot)

You will probably totally reject this post, but keep in mind it is just my thoughts on the matter and is intended for anyone reading it.

if thats what you want to call it then fine. But to be fair approaching a bunch of people then settling for first to say yes isnt exactly worth much besides for a one nighter.

"Once you can get into a positive feedback loop you will learn and internalize the nuances of romantic relationships, and as you gain success you will gain confidence and at some point it will just be easy and natural to continue."
Ive never said its impossible to gain confidence. Ive always said that until you dont have real success you wont have real confidence, and even you seem to agree with this statement in your post talking negative of my thoughts. Which are pretty much what ive said in many threads. So again, theres no need to pick on me when you dont even know the whole story.

I also find it funny how you all seem to think im such a mister negative when I am going thread by thread looking for some new advice to continue trying to improve myself. That ive found an infinite loop which I think isnt of help to not just me but others and speak out about it doesnt mean i am mister negative. I wish yall could see how negative i can be if i was trying to be.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2012, 3:54 am

Thom_Fuleri wrote:
A better business would be a girlfriend consultancy. A business that, for a set payment (plus expenses, such as meals out) sets up the customer with a "girlfriend" for, say, one week. Sex would not be involved in this business. For this one week, he takes out the girl on dates, does all the small talk and so on, essentially as if dating a real girlfriend. At the end of the week, he gets a report with detailed feedback and areas for attention, so real dates go better.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea, I wouldn't be surprised if a business like that did well considering the game show Take Me Out is popular in this country at the moment. I suppose people that are successful in dating would attempt to exploit it in some way though, some of those pick up artist seminars and courses can cost over a grand.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 9:26 am

Wolfheart wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I think I'll just not look for a relationship...that seems a bit less stressful.

That's a personal preference but don't you think that overall you would be happier if you shared your life with someone?

I have friends for that....besides I might even be asexual and most guys I run into aren't so its not likely I would find anyone who wants that sort of relationship anytime very soon.

I agree that's a personal preference and I can respect that but even without the sex, don't you ever want someone you can share your responsibilities, goals, dreams, burdens and struggles with?

Those are all the things I hate about relationships ... what you're painting there is my vision of Hell, all that rotten stuff but no sex. I've been living with my gf 13 years and it works (for us, everyone's different) precisely because we avoid sharing all that stuff - it's all about just making a home together, we never talk about work or goals or any of that horrid stuff.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 10:16 am

edgewaters wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I think I'll just not look for a relationship...that seems a bit less stressful.

That's a personal preference but don't you think that overall you would be happier if you shared your life with someone?

I have friends for that....besides I might even be asexual and most guys I run into aren't so its not likely I would find anyone who wants that sort of relationship anytime very soon.

I agree that's a personal preference and I can respect that but even without the sex, don't you ever want someone you can share your responsibilities, goals, dreams, burdens and struggles with?

Those are all the things I hate about relationships ... what you're painting there is my vision of Hell, all that rotten stuff but no sex. I've been living with my gf 13 years and it works (for us, everyone's different) precisely because we avoid sharing all that stuff - it's all about just making a home together, we never talk about work or goals or any of that horrid stuff.

Each to their own preference, I suppose one person could take care of the financial responsibilities or both, It's really down to personal preference and trust I guess. It's good if you both enjoy the same job, for instance, marine biology as you could pursue it and share it as a mutual interest.