Are most Homosexuals Atheists and Non Religious ?

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Thom_Fuleri
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 2:47 pm

mikecartwright wrote:
Are most Homosexuals Atheists and Non Religious ? I ask this since you can't be a Homosexual Jew or a Homosexual Christian and or a Homosexual Muslim. The God of Abraham hates Homosexuality and Homosexuals and the Gay Lifestyle.

Fortunately the God of Abraham is dead. He became unfashionable some time ago and was replaced with Jesus, who said nice things when he wasn't slaughtering pigs, burning fig trees for being out of season and bringing down the government.

You can and do get homosexuals of all faiths. I've certainly met a few gay Christians. While your faith is a product of the culture you grow up in, homosexuality is part of who you are.

TM
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 3:04 pm

Wouldn't that stance be rational for someone who is condemned for his or her nature by said religion? Isn't it one of those cases of "Why would you want to be a part of a club that hates something about you?" Kind of how I don't get people who hate spending, yet are members of the Republican party.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 3:07 pm

Okay, first of all there's no such thing as a 'gay lifestyle'. Second, there are plenty of Christian non-straights, and I'd imagine the same holds true for the other religions mentioned.

It's also worth mentioning Yahweh is not the only god worshiped in the world today. Nor are all worshiped gods against 'homosexuality'. Naturally, this means the answer to your question is simply.... "No".

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 3:10 pm

come on guys, don't feed the troll.......notice they never responded back and made a trollish comment, I say let it die.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 3:12 pm

But... I'm bored!

Declension
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 3:15 pm

I talked to a gay Christian once. He said that he believes that homosexuality is a sin, but it didn't bother him because he could get God's forgiveness whenever he wanted.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 3:17 pm

Declension wrote:
I talked to a gay Christian once. He said that he believes that homosexuality is a sin, but it didn't bother him because he could get God's forgiveness whenever he wanted.

Some guys on death row have a similar attitude "I was a bloodthirsty killer but now I found Jesus and he loves me more than you, amen"

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 3:18 pm

Declension wrote:

There's also those that believe it's a misinterpretation that homosexuality was a sin.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 3:21 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Declension wrote:

There's also those that believe it's a misinterpretation that homosexuality was a sin.

Ture in my opinon its not because love of any kind is good love.

Selena
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Mar 2012, 6:16 pm

I have known queer Christians and Jews who feel that the idea that God is homophobic is a fallacy. The best refutation of the notion of an anti-gay God that I have seen was this letter than went around the internet a few years ago (Aaron Sorkin also borrowed from it for an episode of the West Wing I believe). Worth reading, it's pretty funny:

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2010/03/ ... inger.html

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 6:20 pm

I would think the better question would be why this one poster started all these threads about gay people. Whats up with him anyway?

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 6:23 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
I would think the better question would be why this one poster started all these threads about gay people. Whats up with him anyway?

He lives under a bridge?

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 6:24 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:

He is a typical gay basher and most of his threads get blocked.

Thom_Fuleri
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 6:33 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:

He needs some hot man lovin' but he's too shy to say so.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 6:36 pm

Thom_Fuleri wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

Id give it to him prsion style :wink:

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 7:35 pm

Thom_Fuleri wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

Muhammad did shave his balls more than a thousand years before it became fashionable through metrosexual reality television