Any other people with AS Metal Fans?

Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Roninninja
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Apr 2012, 12:04 am

Ever since I was younger, I've been a huge fan of Heavy Metal music. When I was younger it was classic Metal like Van Halen and Motley Crue, Now I listen to Black/Death Metal bands like Dissection and Necrophagist. I really don't like any other music, with the exception of Classical and Jazz. Any other fans? What do you listen to?

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2012, 12:52 pm

I listen to rock and metal exclusively, but the heaviest I go is dark Tranquillity. My Last.fm account is Sanity_Theorist (can't link from here) and it has everything from Chimaira to Deftones to Tool to Radiohead.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

ddanne
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Apr 2012, 1:32 pm

Yep. I listen to Avantasia, Nightwish, Yngwie Malmsteen, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica and others which are not clearly considered as metal, but have some sort of relate with it like Dream Theater, Muse.. ( I think they're more alternative rock, right?)
Well, I have more, but that's all I remember now.

-Ray Bradbury, Dandelion Wine

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2012, 5:59 pm

http://www.last.fm/user/Sanity_Theorist

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

Heavy
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Apr 2012, 11:08 pm

I tend to obsess over music in general, so I'll keep this brief.

Some of my favorite metal bands are Gnaw Their Tongues, Khanate, Darkthrone, Burzum, Bathory, Reverend Bizarre, Candlemass, High on Fire, Electric Hellfire Club (if it counts), and Judas Priest.

However, many of my favorite bands are non-metallic: Blue Oyster Cult, the Doors, Dog Fashion Disco, Those Poor Bastards (death country!), Darkest of the Hillside Thickets, Monster Magnet

I also love dark ambient, noise, jazz, and classical: e.g. Lustmord, Hjarnidaudi, Iceburn, Skullflower, Sonny Rollins, John Coltrane, Duke Ellington, Mozart

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 12:09 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7HhVoXgk-c&context=C414adcfADvjVQa1PpcFPjSfMGIWsan00eBXP2CaWHA0GApRhojcM=[/youtube]

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 9:17 am

Roninninja wrote:
Ever since I was younger, I've been a huge fan of Heavy Metal music. When I was younger it was classic Metal like Van Halen and Motley Crue, Now I listen to Black/Death Metal bands like Dissection and Necrophagist. I really don't like any other music, with the exception of Classical and Jazz. Any other fans? What do you listen to?

I'm a fan of metal as well, i consider the likes of Opeth, Iron Maiden, Arch Enemy, ChthoniC, Exodus, Candlemass, Pantera and Electric Wizard as my favourite bands. Guilty pleasures include the likes of Lamb of God, Shadows Fall and even a few glam metal power ballads (Yes, i consider glam as metal, even though they were OTT), and non-metal bands like Faith No More, Alice in Chains and others.

Having said that, i like to keep an open-mind to most of the sub-genres like black/death/doom/thrash/power and the aforementioned old-school bands, except for the mainstream metalcore/deathcore bands.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Last edited by LexingtonDeville on 27 Apr 2012, 1:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2012, 6:15 pm

Yeah I like metal.....I started out with liking rock, and I probably heard some older metal like Black Sabbath pretty early on but I didn't get much exposure to metal until I was around 16 and randomly heard Iron Maiden coming from my t.v(it was on metal music videos for some reason) and my thought was 'what is amazing sound, entering my brain through my ears?' I think it was at that moment I became a metalhead.

Gravechylde
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Apr 2012, 8:05 am

I am a metalhead, started getting into heavier rock in my early teens, and transitioned towards metal by about 16. Started with Thrash and some popular metalcore bands. Then learned about all the different kinds of metal, and have since gotten into the more traditional styles of metal.

EstimatedProphet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Apr 2012, 11:36 am

I love all sorts of music, but if I had to choose one genre to listen to for the rest of my life it'd probably be metal. I go through periods where I listen to mostly one genre for a couple months, but I always find a little time every day to listen to some metal. Recently I've been working my way back to all metal, but I'm sure once it gets nicer out I'll be in my back yard gardening and listening to Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, etc.

ApocalypticHavoc
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2012, 5:15 pm

Yes, I have AS and I'm a metalhead (as my picture indicates). I like extreme metal such as Jungle Rot, Cannibal Corpse, Dissection, Goatwhore (my favorite), Slayer, Morbid Angel, Bloodbath, Dismember, Entombed, and lots of others! There's other types of metal I like though, except metalcore. I think it's a disgrace to the genre.

Oh, and I like plenty other musicians who aren't metal as well, like Pink Floyd for instance.

EstimatedProphet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Apr 2012, 7:45 pm

Whoa there buddy. Trivium is metalcore and they kick ass. Most metalcore does suck, but there are a few good bands.

Roninninja
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Apr 2012, 8:08 pm

ApocalypticHavoc wrote:
Yes, I have AS and I'm a metalhead (as my picture indicates). I like extreme metal such as Jungle Rot, Cannibal Corpse, Dissection, Goatwhore (my favorite), Slayer, Morbid Angel, Bloodbath, Dismember, Entombed, and lots of others! There's other types of metal I like though, except metalcore. I think it's a disgrace to the genre.

Oh, and I like plenty other musicians who aren't metal as well, like Pink Floyd for instance.

Definitely agree! I automatically dismiss Deathcore, Metalcore, etc. If it has "core" in the name, it isn't metal!

ApocalypticHavoc
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Apr 2012, 6:47 pm

EstimatedProphet wrote:
Whoa there buddy. Trivium is metalcore and they kick ass. Most metalcore does suck, but there are a few good bands.

I haven't even heard Trivium. I know of them, but never heard them, so you may be right. Like I said, though, just my opinion. And I'll be honest: I like Whitechapel (at least a bit).

EstimatedProphet
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2012, 8:37 pm

ApocalypticHavoc wrote:
EstimatedProphet wrote:

I haven't even heard Trivium. I know of them, but never heard them, so you may be right. Like I said, though, just my opinion. And I'll be honest: I like Whitechapel (at least a bit).

Don't worry, you're not going to offend me by simply offering up an opinion. I haven't really listened to Whitechapel, but I saw them at Mayhem last year and wasn't impressed. You should check Trivium out, though. Even if you don't really like it you'll probably at least respect the guitar work. Try this one on for size:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffVB-UIbA_k&feature=related[/youtube]

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2012, 3:46 am

I dabble, but I never got incredibly hardcore into any one band.
Which isn't to say I don't love the stuff.
Iron Maiden, Nile, Symphony X, Tool, Rhapsody of Fire, etc.
I also have some guilty pleasures with Disturbed, In Flames, BFMV, and a few others