Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

treblecake
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jun 2012, 3:50 pm

I get these urges to, it doesn't really affect me but sometimes people get annoyed when I'm clicking a pen in class or so. I also find sometimes if I touch something with one finger then I have to touch it with the rest of my fingers so they feel 'even'.

I have an aspie friend who gets the urge to lick things.

Alfonso12345
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jun 2012, 3:57 pm

treblecake wrote:
I get these urges to, it doesn't really affect me but sometimes people get annoyed when I'm clicking a pen in class or so. I also find sometimes if I touch something with one finger then I have to touch it with the rest of my fingers so they feel 'even'.

I have an aspie friend who gets the urge to lick things.

So AS causes this?

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2012, 3:59 pm

treblecake wrote:
I also find sometimes if I touch something with one finger then I have to touch it with the rest of my fingers so they feel 'even'.

Me too. A lot. Everything needs to be even. For example, if I get water on one hand I need to get water on the other one as well. If I walk outside and I step on something which makes the foot feel "weird", I need to step on something with the other foot too. The list goes on.

treblecake
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jun 2012, 4:08 pm

I think it is an AS behaviourism. I imagine it's a combination of sensory problems and a need for routine/consistency which causes these stims or whatever you call them.

Alfonso12345
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jun 2012, 4:14 pm

treblecake wrote:
I think it is an AS behaviourism. I imagine it's a combination of sensory problems and a need for routine/consistency which causes these stims or whatever you call them.

Some day I want to see a psychologist and try and find out what is going on with my brain exactly. I have been suspecting Asperger's for a long time and it seems to be the only condition that could explain it, but I still would like to know why my brain works the way it does and a diagnosis is the only way to be 100% sure.

Thanks for all of the responses.