Do you like strategy games, because I like them very much;-)

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 12:38 pm

I have a lot of strategy games, nearly a whole series of "Total War"
Civilization II-IV

Now I'm going to go to the game store and buy Civilization V with the extension.

I also play "Rulers Of Nations" is a really awesome game

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 1:01 pm

In one exclamation: YES!! !! !. Its my favorite genre, though I confess I've never tried the civ games. I really loved Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and even liked the much maligned puzzle offshot that came on the DS a few years ago. Do strategy rpgs count too? Shining Force 2 is easily one of my top games of all time.

Monkeybuttorama
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jun 2012, 1:17 pm

I am addicted to tower defense games O.o
Also games like Starcraft.
Don't much care for civ games, though, just like destroying things in them ^_^

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jun 2012, 1:24 pm

I do, very much.

The most recent would be the iphone game ''plague inc.'' which while relaively easy as the same strategy works for about 80% of the pathogens, seems to be pretty addictive. I used to own Civilization IV (i think it was IV) but I sold it a little while ago after many enjoyed hours playing.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 1:43 pm

Well I've enjoyed Real Time Strategy games such as Command and Conquer.

Recently I'm thinking of dumping the MMO game I've been playing and looking for a decent strategy game. The only thing is I want something that doesn't feel to much like a job. I want it fairly basic and intuitive.

In the example of Real Time Strategy like C&C I'm more interested in managing the attack force then the Tiberium Harvesters. It seems like in other games I've seen you harvest multiple kinds of raw materials to build with and that is a turn off to me. If a strategy game includes the supply chain I'll put up with it if it's not to cumbersome.

hyksos55
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 1:47 pm

Playing Total War and Civ helps ease the pain of everyday living.

Shhkids
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Jun 2012, 2:01 pm

I've been trying to get into total war for a while, it always appealed to me, just i could never quite manage it until recently when i bought shogun 2.

Yeah, i do like strategy games. Particularly turn based strategy games where you can sit there and consider. Real time is a little messy, which i guess explains why its taken me a while to get into total war with the way it's got both turn based and real time parts to it.

hyksos55
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 2:15 pm

It has been my experience that Shogun 2 is the easiest Total War game to date to manage. Its interface is more streamline and the campaign map is of a smaller area. I also notice that the AI isn’t building multiple monster armies forcing you to do the same. That seems to give the game a more subtle approach and allows a little maneuver and strategy instead of just trying to get a large number of armies to bear in a given location.

AngelofDreams
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jun 2012, 3:21 pm

Oh yes, I'm crazy about this game genre, especially if the main mission is to build an empire from the start.

I've played games like Heroes 3 to 5. I started playing the 6th one after it was purchased, but my computer decided to fail me.

I love the Age of Empires series, as well as one of its spin-offs; Age of Mythology.

Monkeybuttorama mentioned Starcraft. I used to play that game years ago, but I sadly don't own it myself.

Thanks to my sister, I've played one or two sequels of Civilization.
I remember she had another similar game, but I can't recall its name.

Then there's Children of the Nile and Master of Olympus, two other fun games.

There's so many of them, so I'll stop there.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 3:43 pm

hyksos55 wrote:
It has been my experience that Shogun 2 is the easiest Total War game to date to manage. Its interface is more streamline and the campaign map is of a smaller area. I also notice that the AI isn’t building multiple monster armies forcing you to do the same. That seems to give the game a more subtle approach and allows a little maneuver and strategy instead of just trying to get a large number of armies to bear in a given location.

I must say that the map in "Shogun 2 Total War" is less than that in the "Empire: Total War," but I can not say that the game is easy, it's just different. Recently I bought an extension "fall of the samurai," and this make Shogun 2 REALLY interesting , for the first time of the Total War series machine gun appeared :-)

hyksos55
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 3:55 pm

Perhaps different is the better way of putting it. I agree about “Fall of the Samurai” it makes for an interesting game because it’s so unlike the others. I wonder what the next Total War will be, perhaps Victorian period like “Fall”. It would be interesting to hear other’s thoughts on this.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 4:38 pm

hyksos55 wrote:
Perhaps different is the better way of putting it. I agree about “Fall of the Samurai” it makes for an interesting game because it’s so unlike the others. I wonder what the next Total War will be, perhaps Victorian period like “Fall”. It would be interesting to hear other’s thoughts on this.

Maybe next Total War will be set in XX century, World War I and World War II, will be interesting scenario

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 4:43 pm

Civ and Total War are my favourite sort of computer games. I've been playing complex strategy games since before PCs were around, my first one being this:

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 4:46 pm

Yes I do games like Skyrim and Assassins creed or knights of the old republic are good strategy rgp games.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 7:32 pm

Joker wrote:
Yes I do games like Skyrim and Assassins creed or knights of the old republic are good strategy rgp games.

Except...they aren't? :?

I play starcraft as well, SC2 is the only blizz IP I care much for these days. I hope Heart of the Swarm is good. I'm not very good at SC though but its fun.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2012, 8:22 pm

NeueZiel wrote:
Joker wrote:

Except...they aren't? :?

I play starcraft as well, SC2 is the only blizz IP I care much for these days. I hope Heart of the Swarm is good. I'm not very good at SC though but its fun.

Yes they are it involes strategy :wink: but my favorite strategy game is Legacy Online and Empire Earth.