Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kdm1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Jul 2012, 8:18 pm

Figured this might be a common topic of interest. :)

I collect sports trading cards. I love sorting them and organizing them and arranging them by various modes of classification. I can get lost in it for hours. A lot of NT males have this interest (I'm one of the few females in the hobby, NT or otherwise), but they tend to be more into the values and the big name athlete stars than just the process itself. I like even the more common trading cards, like set-building. It's very relaxing and fun, especially during times of reminiscing.

And you? Could be anything - rocks, stamps, you name it. Got a collecting special interest/passion? Talk about it here.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 8:59 pm

I collect Kinks merchandise and music from the years 1964-1984, otherwise known as the Mick Avory era. I also have a bunch of Kinks avatars from the 1960s, because that's my favourite decade. :)

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 11:38 pm

Not so much now, but I used to like to collect books until I grew tired of lugging them around whenever I moved. I have collected other things, but books always seemed to be my main thing.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 12:13 am

I have a huge digital classical music collection with an emplasis on romantic symphonies, violin concertos and piano concertos. I have the complete symphonic and piano music of Franz Liszt - 104 albums worth. I also have the complete music of Brother Beethoven - 65 albums worth. I love me some Beethoven.

OhioStateDolphins
Raven
Raven

20 Jul 2012, 1:10 am

Newspapers, but my collection is small. I have ones from Chicago, LA, Las Vegas, Baton Rouge, and a couple others. I had a Toronto one but I lost it somehow :(

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 4:25 am

I used to collect Alice in Wonderland toys and My Little Ponies back when those were my special interests. I also have a huge collection of DVDs and books, most of which I bought on impulse and have never even touched.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 4:55 am

I collect dust and cobwebs.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 1:52 pm

I have been into collecting since childhood.

My Avatar is a pic of my favorite figure in a toy soldier collection that I started when about 10 years old. I used to spend all my paper-route money on these nice figures from england. My Mom once suggested I buy a football or Basketball etc, but I told her that these would be valuable one day as collecter items, so that it was kind of investing. It was nice that she would later see me start a side home business selling figures. One type I had and could get for about $1 back then sells for over $100 now. Most don't appreciate in value like that of course.

I totally get the card sorting enjoyment, and look for that sort of thing to do as a relaxing past-time. I only collect one kind of card, which is any Lion-King themed cards (or collectible stickers). You would not believe how many different kinds have been and continue to be made. It is never ending, and especially fun trying to track down obscure foriegn cards and series. The Lion King is such a popular subject worldwide. This collection started unintentially with a visit to Burger King with my then small daughter. We were trying to get the Lion King figures, but they ran out and were giving out packs of Lion King Cards instead. I was looking for things to collect with her and decided to try it. She is not really interested in the subject anymore (its all writing, anime, cosplay) but I continue the collection anyway and still show her my latest aquistions.

I also have a very large collection of LOTR figures, the 2 1/2 inch size. Its about at 1100-1200 figures now. I buy and sell a lot of those as part of my home business and all the damaged or incomplete ones are added to my collection to swell the ranks. I make and sculpt my own figures as well and can easily repair, convert or make new weapons, etc.

The two most enjoyable aspects for me are the sorting/organizing, and visual pleasure of setting up scenes of favorite subjects. When my son was young, he would help by fighting battles with the guys I set up, thereby knocking them down again. This gave me the chance to make a new set up, so it was a very symbiotic relationship. :D

Sanctus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 2:00 pm

Ear rings, sort of. Though I actually only have 2,3 pairs I really wear.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 4:13 pm

I have an expansive collection of items relating to WWII and Cold War-era Civil Defense, cats (though not intentionally; they find me), Magic: The Gathering cards, dice (especially platonic solids (typical RPG polyhedrals) and non-platonic solids), military surplus items/WWII militaria, Warhammer 40K Chaos Space Marines (painting one of each chapter and plan to extend the collection to their pre-Heresey chapters, if applicable), various oddities.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 4:14 pm

I collect quotes.

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 4:39 am

books. comics. i used to collect money from other countries or coins that are no longer minted in australia but i gave them to my sister. same for my pokemon, dragon ball z and digimon collection. and shells.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 5:06 am

Maps, DVDs, CDs, MP3s, books, posters.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

rebbieh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 5:19 am

I collect Rubik's Cubes and books (classics written in English, hardcover).

NatureLover
Raven
Raven

23 Jul 2012, 8:50 pm

I collect books and sea shells

RadicalDreamers
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 8:53 pm

TallyMan wrote:
I collect dust and cobwebs.

:lmao: