Obsessed With Finding Someone?

Page 1 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Foxface
Raven
Raven

01 Aug 2012, 7:24 pm

Are you lonely?
Do you constantly think about being with someone?
Do you sometimes go out of your way to find people like you?
Do you think, that when you find someone you fancy, or if they are similar to you, you automatically think that they cold be the one?
You can't help but wonder, do you stand a chance with them?
You really want to talk to and get to know someone, that has a lot in common with you or captures your interests, but you're insecure and afraid of being hurt/rejected?
Does it bother you when you see someone of your interest with a boy/girlfriend?

This is me.

Last edited by Foxface on 01 Aug 2012, 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

WalkingTheDog
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Aug 2012, 7:37 pm

Are you lonely?
Yes, I'm lonely... but only when I actively attempt to find a life partner. Otherwise I busy myself by reading or whatever.

No.

No

Do you think, that when you find someone you fancy, or if they are similar to you, you automatically think that they cold be the one?
I've never met someone like me in person. Does that make me unique?

n/a

You really want to talk to and get to know someone, that has a lot in common with you or captures your interests, but you're insecure and afraid of being hurt/rejected?
Story of my life.

Heck ya! That should be me!

RYBO316
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Aug 2012, 10:21 pm

I think that's ALOT of people on here. I feel almost the same way. I find someone I think I have a shot with, only to find myself in utter depression when I find out she just wants to be "just friends".

NatureLover
Raven
Raven

01 Aug 2012, 11:42 pm

I definitely feel that way and I do wish to be an "normal" at times. But I realize that what I have could be a blessing. But yes, I want to meet someone real bad. Just by watching romance or reading them, I start to really crave that feeling. I do go for certain guys that I hope will like me, only to fall into a deep, dark hole again. My short happy moments only feel like lies to me.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2012, 4:14 am

All of those questions were Yes for me until I was about 22-23 funnily enough.
I had a relapse somewhat after I lost a decent paying job, apartment, friends, my looks, credit, etc. in that year and it made me put dating and girls much lower on my list of priorities.

nrgandy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Aug 2012, 4:22 am

i feel the exact same atm my main problem seems to be finding a girl i like all the ones i find are lie and cheat and generaly abuse me to the point where i snap and cut them out my life

RelevationProphet
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Aug 2012, 7:55 am

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Yes a man is of what his thoughts are made of ,, it has taken me years to realize this,, and I have been at peace with myself since being bitten by ratlesnakes 12 times & have survived without harm,, I am unaware of my surroundings, yet I see things that no one else sees ,,,

spacebrain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Aug 2012, 6:56 pm

Yes on all counts. For a while I'd been distracted and forgotten the lonely tinge, but I've got time again for thoughts to weigh heavy. It's not so much a selfishness in me to find someone who fits in my comfort zone, it's more being so socially inexperienced and unmotivated that I don't know how to be in a relationship. I expect to effectively distract myself soon, so I'll try not to fret over it.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 7:20 pm

Foxface wrote:
Are you lonely?
yes
Quote:
yes
Quote:
not really, i'm too afraid to go out there a lot
Quote:
Do you think, that when you find someone you fancy, or if they are similar to you, you automatically think that they cold be the one? You can't help but wonder, do you stand a chance with them?
I think anyone that shows me positive attention (and thus can actually stand being around me) could possibly be the one, though i've learned to never get my hopes up anymore. That only brings more pain though...
Quote:
I'm always afraid of being hurt or rejected. I've learned to assume hostility until proven otherwise. I can't help but feel like the entire world has it out for me...
Quote:
it bothers me seeing any happy couple. Sure it's great for them, but it's just a big reminder that they've found their happiness and I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere, with no one to turn to myself.

[quote[This is me.[/quote]This is me too...

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2012, 8:58 pm

I think you described most of us to a tee. I'd have to say yes to all of the above.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

omega26
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Aug 2012, 2:30 am

Are you lonely?
yup
all the time
all the time
yup
yup
yup
yup

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 3:50 pm

Foxface wrote:
Are you lonely?

This is me.

I'll admit to one thing, I hate seeing happy couples, espascially out in puplic. it really ticks me off.
oh, and my answer to all your questions is a big YES.
but then agian, I've been extremely upset lately, what with the constant harrassment on facebook.... but I won't get into that right now.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 4:33 pm

transformingcar wrote:
I'll admit to one thing, I hate seeing happy couples, espascially out in puplic. it really ticks me off.
oh, and my answer to all your questions is a big YES.
but then agian, I've been extremely upset lately, what with the constant harrassment on facebook.... but I won't get into that right now.

Frankly, you're starting to scare me... your hatred of people and desire to harm them is seriously unhealthy... You've talked about hurting/killing innocent people, not just the ones who bullied you.

I'm lonely too, and mad that my beloved wife is out there with other men, to wish harm on them would mean to become as evil (or worse) than the people who hurt me.

Please - if these dangerous impulses keep going, please get help before you destroy anyone (including yourself.)

mv
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 4:56 pm

No, I'm not obsessed with finding someone. In fact, I should be more concerned with trying to find someone, if only to get other people off my back. I'm tired of answering questions about why I don't date. {Politely, anyway}

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2012, 5:37 pm

Are you lonely?
Not really, but sometimes I feel like I am.

Yes.

I already have.

It depends on the person.

See previous question.

Oh yes.

No.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Aug 2012, 8:35 pm

I would of defiantly answered YES to all those questions when I was single

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition