Do you get sick much more than average?

Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

honeyaureus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Apr 2014, 8:38 pm

My allergies are always going ape s***, not to mention that I might have a pending diagnosis of chronic migraine. I used to get all the colds out there, but since we've been using Wet Ones antibacterial wipes after being in places, it's been better (we actually do this because my dad has even less immune system than I do due to cancer. Even a minor cold will give him pneumonia that puts him in the ICU).

I'm also double-jointed and have low muscle tone, which contributes to muscle and joint pain and weakness. It hurts to walk some days, especially if I exercise. I'm not talking about regular soreness, though, I'm talking about not-wanting-to-get-out-of-bed, absolute-hell-to-even-barely-touch-the-floor-with-your-toe kind of pain. No one sees a cause, though, except I NEED TO EXERCISE!! ! I keep telling them it hurts too much, but they don't listen. My best bet is to hope that someone eventually believes me. Or, I could just move to a desert island and cry while my leg feels like it's being pulled and pushed by two different lightning demons.

Soham
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Apr 2014, 9:17 pm

jetbuilder wrote:
I very rarely get sick. I really don't remember when I last had a cold. I seem to have a very strong immune system.

I'm the same way. I don't seem to get sick often. When I was a kid I would come down with a cold or mild flu probably just as often as any other kid. Likely in part because I'm not around people as often and now older with a tougher immune system, I don't seem to get sick as often as others and when I do my body fights things off quickly.

When ever I do get sick or come down with something, I never take any medication or antibiotics to fight it off, I let my body do it's thing and might utilize some herbs to sooth the way I feel. I can't remember the last time I went to the doctor or hospital for anything, it's probably been over 15 years, and I don't plan to ever unless I'm critically injured.

Bellacute
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Apr 2014, 7:07 am

I get tonsilitis a lot and I seem to spend the entire winter and early spring with a cold.

I'm asthmatic as well so that makes a difference as I get ill a lot due to that

AQ score: 43

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 34 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2014, 11:18 am

I'm not sure, but I rarely get colds and flus. I tend to get stomach viruses and infections. Just this year I got strep throat and just recently a stomach virus. As a little girl, I would always catch anything that caused diarrhea and vomiting.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2014, 11:27 am

I did in elementary school. I have a more sensitive immune system from some prematurity.

VisInsita
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Apr 2014, 11:48 am

I'd say I get sick less than average. Knocks on wood... :)

Dan_Undiagnosed
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2014, 10:01 pm

I think I have a dust allergy that makes me sneeze when I vacuum or move furniture but apart from that I've known my girlfriend for just over 3 years now and she said she's never seen me sick. It was probably 9 months before I met her, ~mid 2010, I remember having a kind of head cold from working somewhere with a walk in fridge room and industrial freezer. Then before that... I can't really remember. So no, I don't really get sick that often.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2014, 12:45 am

I get sick somewhat less than average. But I'm cheating a bit--I do get flu shots every year, and I haven't had the flu since. :lol:

If you count menstrual cramps that put me in bed, I get sick once a month for about half a day, like clockwork. It's a pretty miserable half-a-day and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but at least it's not multiple days, like some women get.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com