Page 2 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

kissmyarrrtichoke
Toucan
Toucan

14 Aug 2010, 3:26 pm

I wear make up to cover bad skin or to even my skin tone, to appear less red because my skin is naturally very pale and redness really shows up. I am very fussy cos I can feel it on my face so it has to be right (this can be very expensive finding the right one). I wear eyeliner if I feel like it because the only compliments I get are for my eyes and eyelashes (which are ridiculously long and one of the only parts of me I'm happy about) so I want to draw attention to my eyes, but I don't have a clue how I should wear it, and find myself copying people from television and movies and stuff.
I have worn nail varnish but I usually chip it off, and it can't be dark and obvious. Also when I used to suck my thumb it was a different texture so I didn't like it, but it helped me stop biting my nails! (Unless they get uncomfortably long and I can't wait for clippers, but I don't really count that. I bite my fingers instead)

Generally I hate make up because I don't know how to use it the way others do naturally, but it does make me feel better much of the time.
:)

clumsybee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Aug 2010, 4:11 pm

A few years ago, I was practically forced into wearing makeup by my family and friends. Not only did I feel uncomfortable in it, my acne got worse and my skin got really red, which meant wearing more makeup. It was a nasty cycle, but now I've stopped wearing makeup and my skin has cleared up a little.

As for nail polish, I don't hate it, but I can't apply it myself without looking like a 3 year old put paint on my hands, so I never wear it.

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2010, 6:22 pm

I don't wear make-up, but I paint my nails (blue, red, pink, orange, or green) and wear cute clothes. I just started to care about fashion. Sometimes I regret what I wore before I cared about fashion.

Jessi_in_wonderland
Toucan
Toucan

14 Aug 2010, 9:51 pm

I love shiny lipgloss. I put on makeup when I see friends, not just to go to the grocery store or a family function. I use blue or purple eyeliner, but I'm not the biggest fan of eyeshadow. I like the way mascara looks but I only wear it if I'm out with my friends or a boy. I wear sunglasses whenever I go outside.

As for my clothes, I pick unique or feminine clothes, basically whatever I like whether it's in style or not. I can't stand for anything to be too baggy. I wear girly clothes and alot of pastels and bright colors. NEON is awesome! :D ... anything with rhinestones, sequins, and glitter catches my eye and I like funny saying tees, too.

I have long nails because I never bite them. I like painting them. I always use bright colors or glitter nail polish.

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 8:35 am

I never bite my nails either, but I have short nails because I keep them short by clipping them. I don't like fake nails. I don't know why there's multicolored nail polish. The colors would probably mix and look ugly.

I used to bite my nails so often that I didn't need to clip them. I'm glad I broke the habit.

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 8:43 am

I don't like make up, I don't like nail polish, I wear a teeshirt and sweatpants. They say I'm a tomboy but what can I say, I like to be comfortable.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 2:12 pm

I hate nail polish because it smells disguisting. When I put the stuff on my nails, I can smell it for some time after, and especially as I bring my hands to my face often (to support my head, to push up my glasses) it's very irritating to have to smell the stuff. It also gets in the hair from the nails if you don't wait long enough for it to dry and then touch your hair after. Annoying, and not worth the effort at all, IMO.

I do wear makeup, though. I wear both types of eyeliner, as well as mascara. Nothing on my skin, though, as I do touch my face often and am also a messy eater and no, I do not want to eat makeup. No lipstick/lip gloss for the same reason, plus I'm allergic to the stuff.

I like pretty tops and I have a bit of an obsession with logo t-shirts. I always wear cargo pants - they're comfy, convenient as they have plenty of pockets, and they look great.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

CozPoz2802
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 May 2011, 5:56 am

I generally wear the same type of clothes (t-shirt/shirt with a jumper on top and a pair of jeans and my only pair of casual trainers). But I normally don't wear make up unless I HAVE to, I hate it on me, I have to be careful not to lick my lips and not to touch my eyes, it's annoying. I like to paint my nails contrasting colours (black & white etc) sometimes just black and red, but I get my mum to do it, her hands are steadier than mine, I just get it everywhere :)

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 8:56 am

Mewlvr wrote:
*Gag* I never wear make up unless I am cosplaying a certian character lol :)

You're into cosplay!?! :D

---

Anyway, to answer the question... I must be an 'unusual' Aspie haha, I love to do up my hair and make-up, and I'm pretty fashion conscious (well, I make sure what I wear looks decent and fits in with a style I like - I have to have a routine for it though, i.e. wear X outfit every Monday). Don't paint my nails though!

LiberalJustice
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 11:25 am

I wear makeup on special occasions, I like it, but I don't wear it very often and when I do I prefer not to wear it in excessive amounts (I'm modest). I do seldom paint my nails and find the smell of nail polish sweet, and I have a tendency to wear feminine clothes, though it's not to the extreme of wearing only dresses and skirts (but I will admit, I like both), I also like to curl my hair. As much as I like heels, I can't wear them because I have mild Cerebral Palsy and my feet would need constant massaging and stretching to "fix" them. I'm a girly girl, so I guess that's why stuff like that appeals to me.

Adopted mother to a cat named Charlotte, and grandmother to 3 kittens.

Albirea
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Cannot be determined due to excessive knowledge of momentum

18 May 2011, 3:58 pm

I never wear makeup or nail polish. I hate how my nails can't "breathe" after I put on nail polish. And I'm too lazy to put on makeup anyways. :)

pepperrose
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jun 2011, 8:48 pm

i don't wear make up cause it makes my face feel sticky, but i wear nail polish because I'm trying to stop biting my nails and it helps. As for clothes i wont wear anything that's not comfortable. That makes wearing clothes in style hard because i wont wear jeans or shirts with elastic, sequins, embroidery, or those little metal circles

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 9:18 pm

I don't wear any make-up...but that could be the reason I don't have a bf, idk

I love nail polish, just because I am an artsy person so I love making my nails colorful and pretty

I absolutely love clothes because of the same reason for nail polish: colors!

Oh, and I don't wear make-up because it is uncomfortable and gives me acne...I have had barely any acne during my teenage years thanks to that. 8)

o0Chipmunk0o
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Jun 2011, 6:16 pm

Over my dead body! I hate wearing make-up! I only wear it for plays are shows, which I don't do very often, and even then I make a fuss. Lipstick is the worst, it actually makes me feel sick. I don't mind wearing a bit of nail polish every now and then, but I go to a school where we aren't allowed nail polish. I only wear creams when it's a life or death situation, which doesn't come around often.

ForestRose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jun 2011, 8:30 am

I do wear make-up and nail polish at some times, but not all the time. I don't really dress a certain way: I wear what I like but nothing too bizzare :).

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2011, 11:09 am

I don't really enjoy applying make-up that goes further than chapstick or lip-gloss. One of my friends decided to put mascara on me, I looked horrible but she continued to compliment me. Nail polish - I wear black or french tip (with the tips black instead of white). I'm too lazy to cut my nails so they look unkempt. I wear pants and t-shirts. Wearing only tank tops feels funny, like I'm too exposed (I'm okay with bathing suits and strapless dresses, ironically). I only wear dresses on special occasion. I can't wear a dress everyday. It feels awkward.