Can you be Aspie and affectionate?

Page 2 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 4:04 pm

Sarthos wrote:
If you found one I'd give you 500 bucks to send her my way!
It would be difficult to do because me and her would be too attached and clingy to eachother.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

knowbody15
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Sep 2012, 7:04 pm

Kjas wrote:
Absolutely - like another poster said it is usually one extreme or the other.
I happen to be at the cuddle monster end of the extreme and have a diagnosis.

Cuddle monsters of WP unite! :razz:

*hugs everyone in the thread*

I'll see your hug and raise you two more :) I fell in love my now ex wife (irony?) many moons ago, and we'd hold hands while we slept. I feel energy when I'm physically close to someone I really like.......

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 7:45 pm

Nope. We're all lifeless, emotionless corpses that walk around. Basically zombies, minus the flesh-eating and low IQ.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2012, 2:03 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KboRyduMTpg[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2012, 3:38 am

I'm always up for a bit of affection, no problemo

Cats and dogs always get affection from me too

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2012, 3:55 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnr-zhX2E3U&feature=related[/youtube] :D

Ztrain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Sep 2012, 6:04 am

Sure, im an affectionate person, though I admit im more apprehensive about it than average. With me, I think things just need to be stated. I love hugs if I know ones coming.\, otherwise they cause inordinate stress.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2012, 3:01 pm

I definetley know I can, but since i'm never given a chance, it's pretty hard

rosemund
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2012, 11:54 am

I think some of it, is that "Aspies are like cats" scenario. If you're an "in" person, I will certainly be affectionate, but some people (male and female) just never make it past that barrier to become an "in". It's usually because they're boisterous or they attack or they don't know when to let go. i.e. don't smother me. I'm also a lot more affectionate toward animals and my daughter. Among family members, it depends on the other person, but I am getting better at it. I can be affectionate in romantic relationships, usually based on the criteria named at the beginning. If they rebuff me too often, it's d.o.n.e. as far as I'm concerned, and you may never get the chance to make it up to me.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 1:09 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Z4-okGnkM[/youtube]

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Oct 2012, 3:37 pm

NoGyroApproach wrote:
Hi Sarthos-
Yes aspies can be affectionate. They may not outwardly show it in the same way that an NT does. The other thing I hear that really gets me down is when I hear that people on the autistic spectrum are unemotionally. That one for me really hurts. I may not express outward emotion the way an NT does but that does not mean a person with aspergers or autism is heartless and emotionless.

I wish you luck in your quest :)
I agree,I think we express it differently.I often bring in food/treats for my co-workers but I don't make a big deal about it .I might bring the food in and then sit within the group and hardly say a word.I can't express affection with a big outward smile and gushy language but I can be kind in my own way.

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Oct 2012, 3:41 pm

rosemund wrote:
I think some of it, is that "Aspies are like cats" scenario. If you're an "in" person, I will certainly be affectionate, but some people (male and female) just never make it past that barrier to become an "in". It's usually because they're boisterous or they attack or they don't know when to let go. i.e. don't smother me. I'm also a lot more affectionate toward animals and my daughter. Among family members, it depends on the other person, but I am getting better at it. I can be affectionate in romantic relationships, usually based on the criteria named at the beginning. If they rebuff me too often, it's d.o.n.e. as far as I'm concerned, and you may never get the chance to make it up to me.
Interesting analysis .I would describe my way of dealing with people as ''cat like''.I put up barriers to individuals that I don't feel a connection with.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 3:58 pm

bruinsy33 wrote:
rosemund wrote:
Interesting analysis .I would describe my way of dealing with people as ''cat like''.I put up barriers to individuals that I don't feel a connection with.

And everyone else gets smothered in hugs. ;)

balletnerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2012, 4:34 pm

Quote:
I think some of it, is that "Aspies are like cats" scenario.

Wow! Me too.

I hate scenarios that involve physical contact with strangers - handshakes and all sorts. If I like you its a different matter.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 5:12 pm

balletnerd wrote:
Quote:
I think some of it, is that "Aspies are like cats" scenario.

Wow! Me too.

I hate scenarios that involve physical contact with strangers - handshakes and all sorts. If I like you its a different matter.
Meow *purrs* oh my a stranger *runs and crawls underneith a parked car*

Last edited by AspieOtaku on 11 Oct 2012, 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2012, 8:33 pm

Can an NT be affectionate?
8O

to his Interest."