Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2012, 4:17 am

So, I was just over at IGN comics and they have some interesting posts about these movies.

Apparently, Captain America II will deal with The Winter Soldier storyline from the comics. That's not too surprising considering the way Bucky "died" in the last movie. For you non-geeks, Bucky Barnes becomes the USSR's version of Cap, codenamed Winter Soldier.

I think this should be a good flick. Apparently the Black Widow, former Russian agent and Bucky's old flame in the comics will be in the movie too.

According to IGN, Chris Nolan, producer of Man of Steel wants to take a naturalistic/realistic approach to Superman as he did with Batman.

I'm sort of conflicted about this.... I have no doubt that Nolan and Snyder will make a really good film, but I cannot help feeling that Nolan's approach is limiting DC's movie universe over all.

I'm all for limiting Superman's powers... In the comics he's pretty much God in blue tights, which is not very interesting to me. In the DCAU the character is less powerful but more interesting and easier to relate to.

I think a nerfed/more realistic movie Superman is a good idea, but I hope they don't limit the stories too much simply for the sake of realism.

Nolan gets a bit too fixated on realism sometimes.

Personally, I think Nolan's version of Superman could probably live in the world he's already created for Batman.... I wish they would reconsider linking the movies.

If they could just get over that whole Dark Knight "reality hump" it would be so much easier to get to a [good] Justice League movie. The ultimate conflict could be a Lex Luthor/Project Cadmus type thing.

I think a Justice League vs a parinoid/misguided US military plot line could be done realistically enough, and it would be an interesting contrast to Marvel's quasi government sanctioned Avengers.

So, true believers, any thoughts?

neerdowell
Toucan
Toucan

03 Oct 2012, 7:42 pm

Captain America should be good. I loved the Winter Soldier story are from the comics as it got me reading Captain America after a long absence. Plus Marvel knows how to make good superhero movies so I am trusting it will be good.

As for the new Superman movie. It might be good but I always worry about DC films. This is mainly because I love DC comics and read almost every book they put out but they make terrible movies besides the Batman movies. I hope it is good and I have enjoyed some of Snyders movies in the past plus he has Nolan and Goyer working with him so I hope it turns out alright. No matter what I will be there opening day.