App that you've found helpful for coping with autism

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

oppositedirection
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2012, 3:50 pm

There are plenty of apps out there relating to autism but most of them are for children. I was wondering if anyone knows of apps that they've found useful, be them ones designed specifically for autistic people or not. I'm interested in any apps that helped mitigate any problems that autism might cause you.

This is part of my wider project that I've been posting about, we have a list of problems and now are trying to work out what is already out there: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp4979188 ... t=#4979188

'An ideal of total self-sufficiency. That secret smile may be the Buddha's but it is monstrous seen on a baby's face. To conquer craving is indeed to conquer pain, but humanity goes with it. That my autistic daughter wanted nothing was worst of all.' Park

iggy64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Dec 2012, 4:30 pm

This will probably be one of the weirder replies that you receive. However, that being said, I find that the impossible game is very useful for me. It is very difficult, but while in a busy public place and forced to wait, rather than focusing on everything going on and all the people going past so I give myself an anxiety attack, I take out my iPhone and have ~5 attempts or so while I wait. Also, it runs ok on my iPhone 3G, unlike most apps nowadays since they're all geared towards ios 6.

Stim game #1 for me is curiousity - just tapping squares to reveal an image under a 1 cube thick, millions of cube wide giant cube. It's great fun/timepasser.

Neither are particularly enhanced for autistic use, but I found my own uses for them. They might not appeal to some people though, or not help those who do like them.