Facebook: Cure Asperger's Prevent Murder by Psychokillers

Page 1 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 10:27 pm

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cure-Aspe ... 14?fref=ts

What more needs to be said about this ridiculous dribble?

Sign this petition to get Facebook to recognize this as a hate group and take it down. http://www.change.org/petitions/faceboo ... llers-page

rabidmonkey4262
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 10:58 pm

This guy only has 11 "likes." I bet if you just ignore him he'll go away.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2012, 11:22 pm

Since I don't have a Facebook account, I cannot see what the page is about. Perhaps a copy&paste of the content on his page could be of assistance for those of us still in the Stone Age.

noxnocturne
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2012, 12:48 am

He's a moron. Ugh.

Kimber
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Dec 2012, 1:04 am

The FB page has since been retitled: "Cure Asperger's, Prevent Fraud by Ari Ne'emen."

Basically, it's a bunch of insane ranting about us being poisoned by mercury in vaccines, and how we could all easily be "cured" if only Autism Speaks and WrongPlanet would stop denying that we're all brain damaged and/or mentally ill and allow us to be "helped" by electric shock aversion therapy or some nonsense. The FB page and its links got nauseating very quickly.

I reported it for hate speech.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2012, 11:28 am

Kimber wrote:
The FB page has since been retitled: "Cure Asperger's, Prevent Fraud by Ari Ne'emen."

Basically, it's a bunch of insane ranting about us being poisoned by mercury in vaccines, and how we could all easily be "cured" if only Autism Speaks and WrongPlanet would stop denying that we're all brain damaged and/or mentally ill and allow us to be "helped" by electric shock aversion therapy or some nonsense. The FB page and its links got nauseating very quickly.

What...the...? Last time I checked I did not see Wrong Planetiers claiming they were mentally ill. In fact, there were plenty of posts expressing discontent with the reporters who called it such, citing it was a neurodevelopmental condition. If someone's going to make a rant about something or hurl a volley of insults, they should at least have the decency to make them logical and accurate.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2012, 3:29 pm

CyborgUprising wrote:
Kimber wrote:

What...the...? Last time I checked I did not see Wrong Planetiers claiming they were mentally ill. In fact, there were plenty of posts expressing discontent with the reporters who called it such, citing it was a neurodevelopmental condition. If someone's going to make a rant about something or hurl a volley of insults, they should at least have the decency to make them logical and accurate.

I think the statement you quoted is in agreement with your opinion that there is discontent with the reporters calling it as such.

Kimber
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Dec 2012, 8:57 pm

I've been following the posts on the FB page in question since I last posted. These seem to be the main points the lunatic is trying to make:

-Aspergers shouldn't be called Autistic
-Autistic people are mindless animals
-Asperger's and Autism are brain damage caused by mercury in vaccines
-There is a "cure" for AS and Autism (as yet unrevealed by the owner of the FB page)
-Ari Ne'emen and other Autism Rights groups are suppressing this supposed "cure"
-By suppressing the "cure," Ari Ne'emen and Autistic Rights groups are responsible for the Sandy Hook shootings

I can't believe that Facebook hasn't taken the page down yet. Free speech is one thing, libel is something else again.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2012, 9:54 pm

Kimber wrote:
I've been following the posts on the FB page in question since I last posted. These seem to be the main points the lunatic is trying to make:

-Aspergers shouldn't be called Autistic
-Autistic people are mindless animals
-Asperger's and Autism are brain damage caused by mercury in vaccines
-There is a "cure" for AS and Autism (as yet unrevealed by the owner of the FB page)
-Ari Ne'emen and other Autism Rights groups are suppressing this supposed "cure"
-By suppressing the "cure," Ari Ne'emen and Autistic Rights groups are responsible for the Sandy Hook shootings

I can't believe that Facebook hasn't taken the page down yet. Free speech is one thing, libel is something else again.

It is pretty obvious who the individual is that is behind this, and he is no longer taken serious by most. Some of the folks commenting there have already figured it out. If he was using his real name, it's not likely anyone would have paid it any mind. I know of only one person that has spent this much time attempting to personally attack Ari Ne'eman.

What's unfortunate is that some people responding to that page identifying as on the spectrum apparently have no idea who Ari Ne'eman is and are literally taking the title to mean that it IS BY Ari Ne'eman instead of an attack against him. "Cure Asperger's, Prevent Fraud by Ari Ne'emen".

The more this topic is spread among different sites, some people in the general public are going to get the idea that Ari Ne'eman might be behind this because of how some people are responding to the name of the site, in a literal way, in the comments. It appears that all facebook made him do was to change the name of the title, as that previous one was highly offensive, and against the community standards of facebook.

I doubt that facebook is going to remove the site because he is now basically spreading a conspiracy theory, that is ridiculous, and not one that most reasonable persons would take seriously. He's a big mercury causes vaccine proponent; he is likely referring to the removal of mercury from vaccines as the cure to Autism in 2000.

Visiting that site is pretty much the equivalent of visiting a known troll's site, rather than the troll visiting another person's site. In this case it's easy to get rid of the nuisance, it doesn't exist until someone goes there. On top of that he is in control on his facebook page and can delete whatever comment that doesn't appeal to his agenda.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

22 Dec 2012, 10:23 pm

You mean that page belongs to si? The guy who sells candles in southern CA and accuses ASAN and Ari of everything horrible?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2012, 11:22 pm

Verdandi wrote:
You mean that page belongs to si? The guy who sells candles in southern CA and accuses ASAN and Ari of everything horrible?

No, not that individual. I don't really want to mention the person's name here, but he is identified several times on that facebook page by others. If it is the person identified on facebook, he really viciously attacks people that disagrees with him, telling them to go hang themselves and stuff like that. He likely knows better than to do that on face book though, if he wants to keep that site going.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

22 Dec 2012, 11:45 pm

Oh. I see. Yes,

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 1:22 am

Maybe if everyone ignores it, than it will go away...recognizing them as a hate group would probably just encourage the stupidity.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 4:36 am

i lost any will to read the page after the first sentence: "we learned how to cure aspergers in 2010" yeah, right...

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2012, 9:58 am

Report it as hate speech to FB. He's already had a page removed. He talks about it on this page. If FB gets enough reports they'll keep removing the pages. If he keeps creating new ones, they'll ban him eventually.

I'm all for free speech, but this guy's a complete moron and deserves to be shut up.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2012, 7:59 am

Kimber wrote:

Basically, it's a bunch of insane ranting about us being poisoned by mercury in vaccines, and how we could all easily be "cured" if only Autism Speaks and WrongPlanet would stop denying that we're all brain damaged and/or mentally ill and allow us to be "helped" by electric shock aversion therapy or some nonsense.

Foresam?