young single women just don't like me.

Page 1 of 6 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 1:34 pm

here how it goes for me.
Older women like to talk to me. both married and single
Men like to talk to me. (men older than 21)
young women who are married or in a relationship like to talk to me.
But for some reason, young single women do not like to talk to me.
many people don't mind my eccentric personality expect young single women.
I can go to a party and talk to all the men, all the older women, the married young women
but the moment I try talking to the young single women,' boom' it just does not happen.
the young single women put in no effort to talk to me.
there must be some secret club that these young single women join and
part of the club rule is to hate me. I know that not true but sure feels like it sometimes.
and I should add. Im not even hitting on many of these young single women.
I just trying to make friends or just having a conversation.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 4:30 pm

it seems young single ugly women like me but not any average or cute ones lol. Besides that I know what you mean. I get a long better with older women.

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 4:33 pm

Young people in general don't like me, males included.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 4:57 pm

Asian women seem to like me both young and old! I think its because I can speak some of their languages though. It usually goes like this when I greet them with a smile in their language! [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWb_i56MhHs[/youtube]When they smile it makes me smile as well. I dont know why but it seems their smiles and joy are infectious I find it difficult not to smile or be happy when they smile at me like this. :D

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 5:05 pm

Asian women in my state rarely smile. Then again people in general in my state rarely smile.

BlueAbyss
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Dec 2012, 5:05 pm

Even when I was a young woman, I found a lot of other young women to be, well, vapid. Maybe you're not missing out on anything. :)

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 8:06 pm

I find single women don't like me because... I'm single :lol:

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 8:18 pm

For some reason, young women seem to only be interested in men that are either courted by other females or is the one doing the courting. If he's alone, it makes him look undesirable. Oddly enough this behavior happens for many species through out the animal kingdom including ours. If people see me with one of my friends who's female, I usually get more looks by other women then when I'm alone. This may just be a generalization but I'm only going by my own observations.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2012, 10:18 pm

Homer_Bob wrote:
For some reason, young women seem to only be interested in men that are either courted by other females or is the one doing the courting. If he's alone, it makes him look undesirable. Oddly enough this behavior happens for many species through out the animal kingdom including ours. If people see me with one of my friends who's female, I usually get more looks by other women then when I'm alone. This may just be a generalization but I'm only going by my own observations.
I have noticed this too,perhaps women enjoy competition or they just view you as someone woman friendly seeing another woman with you.Sometimes acting like your not single seems to work as well.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

fluffypinkyellow
Raven
Raven

29 Dec 2012, 11:34 pm

What do you mean by "don't like" you? Your post sounds more like they're simply more reserved around you. This isn't necessarily a bad thing.

It may not be anything personal about you in particular. A lot of young single women tend to be cautious around strange men out of necessity. Your motives may be pure, but they don't know that yet and it is in their best interests to err on the side of caution. 1 in 3 women have experienced sexual assault. There are a lot of sleazy men who make gross comments. It's a daily reality for a woman. Women are living in a world where sexual assault is an ever-present risk. As a man, it's a lot harder to see that.

So if a young woman seems reserved or unsure around you, I would advise you to keep conversation light and casual, and if she starts to appear particularly uncomfortable (trying to walk away from you or giving several one-word answers in a row) then leave her alone.

BrenJB
Toucan
Toucan

30 Dec 2012, 1:52 am

^^ What they said! :)

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 3:15 am

fluffypinkyellow wrote:
What do you mean by "don't like" you? Your post sounds more like they're simply more reserved around you. This isn't necessarily a bad thing.

It may not be anything personal about you in particular. A lot of young single women tend to be cautious around strange men out of necessity. Your motives may be pure, but they don't know that yet and it is in their best interests to err on the side of caution. 1 in 3 women have experienced sexual assault. There are a lot of sleazy men who make gross comments. It's a daily reality for a woman. Women are living in a world where sexual assault is an ever-present risk. As a man, it's a lot harder to see that.

So if a young woman seems reserved or unsure around you, I would advise you to keep conversation light and casual, and if she starts to appear particularly uncomfortable (trying to walk away from you or giving several one-word answers in a row) then leave her alone.

Im glad you said them things. Ok first if a man going to sexual assault a woman he is going to do it, no matter if she talks to him or not.
some reason women think if they just ignore or don't say hi to a guy that going to stop him from attacking them

plus alot of men, who do attack women are not creepy looking guys either. some are very charming and can get a women to trust them and then they attack.

guess women think if they don't say hi they will somehow prevent a guy from attacking them.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 10:10 am

billiscool wrote:
fluffypinkyellow wrote:

Im glad you said them things. Ok first if a man going to sexual assault a woman he is going to do it, no matter if she talks to him or not.
some reason women think if they just ignore or don't say hi to a guy that going to stop him from attacking them

plus alot of men, who do attack women are not creepy looking guys either. some are very charming and can get a women to trust them and then they attack.

guess women think if they don't say hi they will somehow prevent a guy from attacking them.

Back when I was in my 20's I used to do the same avoidant thing with the ocassional man so I can explain the rationale and hopefully you may be able to mitigate it.

From my point of view back then (and quite possibly these young women too), the goal was Stay Off His Radar. Now and then I would come across a man who gave me the feeling that if I made myself memorable to him in any slight way, even by so little a thing as light conversation, he would focus on me in a negative way which could lead to stalking or even assault. So I avoided any interaction with him so as to Stay Off Hisd Radar and be unmemorable and therefore unworthy of stalking or worse. Now I don't worry about this at all because the stalker types seem to not fixate on older and/or married women. I have entered the demographic that is happy to talk to you (and to the men I would have avoided 20 years ago).

If you are being uniformly avoided by single women in their 20's, you are probably giving off this vibe. In order to stop giving off this vibe, you need to be seen as the sort of man who is not given to fixations with other people. You need to be seen talking relaxedly with lots of different people and preferably to visibly have friends. I realize that this is almost the exact opposite of what comes naturally to an Aspie, but from your posts, I think you are giving off this vibe.

You said that you talk easily with older/married women and with men and they are happy to get in conversations with you. Use that fact to demonstrate your harmlessness to single women in their 20's. If they see you easily talking to older/married women and to men, they will be more inclined to talk to you themselves. The men I avoided so much as saying hi to when I was in my 20's were all absolute loners who I did not see talking to anyone else. That was a major thing that disturbed me. So you need to be seen talking to other people before attempting a conversation with a single 20's woman. The women in their 20's need to see that before they will be confident you are harmless.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 12:18 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Homer_Bob wrote:
I have noticed this too,perhaps women enjoy competition or they just view you as someone woman friendly seeing another woman with you.Sometimes acting like your not single seems to work as well.

No, because humans are apes.

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 12:49 pm

Janissy wrote:

Back when I was in my 20's I used to do the same avoidant thing with the ocassional man so I can explain the rationale and hopefully you may be able to mitigate it.

From my point of view back then (and quite possibly these young women too), the goal was Stay Off His Radar. Now and then I would come across a man who gave me the feeling that if I made myself memorable to him in any slight way, even by so little a thing as light conversation, he would focus on me in a negative way which could lead to stalking or even assault. So I avoided any interaction with him so as to Stay Off Hisd Radar and be unmemorable and therefore unworthy of stalking or worse. Now I don't worry about this at all because the stalker types seem to not fixate on older and/or married women. I have entered the demographic that is happy to talk to you (and to the men I would have avoided 20 years ago).

If you are being uniformly avoided by single women in their 20's, you are probably giving off this vibe. In order to stop giving off this vibe, you need to be seen as the sort of man who is not given to fixations with other people. You need to be seen talking relaxedly with lots of different people and preferably to visibly have friends. I realize that this is almost the exact opposite of what comes naturally to an Aspie, but from your posts, I think you are giving off this vibe.

You said that you talk easily with older/married women and with men and they are happy to get in conversations with you. Use that fact to demonstrate your harmlessness to single women in their 20's. If they see you easily talking to older/married women and to men, they will be more inclined to talk to you themselves. The men I avoided so much as saying hi to when I was in my 20's were all absolute loners who I did not see talking to anyone else. That was a major thing that disturbed me. So you need to be seen talking to other people before attempting a conversation with a single 20's woman. The women in their 20's need to see that before they will be confident you are harmless.

Stalkers follow anyone regardless on age, martial status or gender.

I believe younger woman choose to be ignorant to guys they have no interest in and use this to not attract these people...not only is it a sly tactic (not saying you do this btw), but it's also extremely rude.

A woman wouldn't talk to a man who has friends around him either...those people could well have stalker intentions too...which would mean no one can fully be trusted.

I sometimes try and talk to people as I was taught to be friendly but I have been given the cold shoulder by females I have known in school! They know me too well to have bad intentions and know that I hold interesting conversations with them...these woman have learned to cut the ties once school is no longer involved as I am not the type of person they want to interact with...I blame society for this mindset...and males do this too to woman (ones who are decent lookers also), due to their shallowness and personality sometimes...

If single woman really think guys have stalker capabilities due to a lack of friends then their logic is more dumber then falling for fads that fade out. Guys with friend's CAN be stalkers too...as can woman (moreso in recent cases of deaths made by woman). Men still avoid woman but it's rarely to do with stalker capabilities or unattractiveness (I will talk to less desirable woman as long as they don't try it on with me).

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2012, 1:29 pm

CrazyStarlightRedux wrote:
Stalkers follow anyone regardless on age, martial status or gender.

I believe younger woman choose to be ignorant to guys they have no interest in and use this to not attract these people...not only is it a sly tactic (not saying you do this btw), but it's also extremely rude.

A woman wouldn't talk to a man who has friends around him either...those people could well have stalker intentions too...which would mean no one can fully be trusted.

I sometimes try and talk to people as I was taught to be friendly but I have been given the cold shoulder by females I have known in school! They know me too well to have bad intentions and know that I hold interesting conversations with them...these woman have learned to cut the ties once school is no longer involved as I am not the type of person they want to interact with...I blame society for this mindset...and males do this too to woman (ones who are decent lookers also), due to their shallowness and personality sometimes...

If single woman really think guys have stalker capabilities due to a lack of friends then their logic is more dumber then falling for fads that fade out. Guys with friend's CAN be stalkers too...as can woman (moreso in recent cases of deaths made by woman). Men still avoid woman but it's rarely to do with stalker capabilities or unattractiveness (I will talk to less desirable woman as long as they don't try it on with me).

You think young, single women are avoiding him because they have no interest in him. I think they are avoiding him because they are wary of him and he his setting off a danger radar as a potential stalker (or at least somebody very hard to shake). In truth, we are probably both right since some women probably aren't wary at all but just not interested, others are wary and yet still others have some other motive that hasn't been brought up yet.

But in the end, it's really all a moot point. He has a problem which is that young, single women are avoiding conversations with him. The statistics on who is most likely to become a stalker or not aren't relevent because nobody consults google to see if their wariness around a particular person is statistically justified. They simply avoid the person just in case. If you are correct and the women are simply uninterested, he still has a problem. Trying to turn it around into a problem that the women have won't help since they still aren't talking to him. Many other threads have given the advice about how to make oneself more inherently attractive (shower frequently, brush teeth, wear nice clothes etc.). My advice really is more of the same but it addresses social attractiveness rather than physical attractiveness. Somebody who is seen happily conversing with lots of other people will be seen as more socially attractive. Even if I'm wrong and no women are wary of him, being seen talking to those people who enjoy talking to him certainly won't hurt him. And it might help if it increases his social attractiveness.