Page 4 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 4:30 am

Funny how women get so uptight when a man, who is mostly a visual creature, expresses his preference for his ideal mate. Women want to be treated like equals and like a man, yet when the man does so. he is subjected to being racist, prejudiced bastard. He should first do a Vulcan mind-melt to establish and know the "true" person before he is allowed to appreciate the outer beauty of the person, yet who is part of the person. When he asks a personal question because he doesn't know and wants to learn of this person, he is a racist and only likes the person for their skin. oh the hypocrisy...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 4:53 am

Kjas wrote:
When it comes to dating, people want to be wanted for who they are as a person.

They do not want to be wanted for their class, ethnicity, or the color of their hair.

Why don't you date girls then?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 4:55 am

Stalk wrote:
Funny how women get so uptight when a man, who is mostly a visual creature, expresses his preference for his ideal mate. Women want to be treated like equals and like a man, yet when the man does so. he is subjected to being racist, prejudiced bastard. He should first do a Vulcan mind-melt to establish and know the "true" person before he is allowed to appreciate the outer beauty of the person, yet who is part of the person. When he asks a personal question because he doesn't know and wants to learn of this person, he is a racist and only likes the person for their skin. oh the hypocrisy...

Also, women aren't less visual creatures, that's a BS myth.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 5:25 am

I dont see it that negative. I think everyone has optical preferences. There are women that find men with beards attractive, others are attracted to tall men ... I dont see it as that bad, because normally this is only important for the first contact. So if you are meeting people for the first time, and the only thing you have are there appeareances, the ones with the appeareance you like will be more interesting to you. As long as it doesnt mean to refuse any other people I dont see a problem. So if someone has a preference for red haired ladies and he is meeting some girls, the one with the red hair will have his attention first. But that doesnt mean, that if he gets to know the girls more, that he will be blind for others advantages as well. There are lots of people that have other optical preferences, and then having partners that do not match that preferences because of other advantages like "makes me laugh". :)

periphery
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Feb 2013, 5:33 am

I think it's ok to say that you are ''attracted'' in a purely aesthetic sense to one race more than the other. I know I have my preferences, although i have also dated (well one time) a guy outside of my 'preference'. But given I, like most people (I assume). do have to be physically ''attracted'' to someone to date them, it's unlikely I"d date people from some races due to my preference for the physical attributes of others. That's not to say I wouldn't get to know them on a non-romantic level though. IT's also not to say I would categorically not date them either because I might meet someone (like my ex) that I really connect[ed] with, on a mental level, which really upped the 'attractiveness' factor in my eyes.

In saying that when people say they only categorically like x race because of some assumed ''cultural superiority'' or other it's a bit silly because you can't really judge anyone's character or values or cultural traditions based on what they look like.

Last edited by periphery on 18 Feb 2013, 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 5:54 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Stalk wrote:

I agree, I just feel that most men don't lie to themselves. When a black woman said she was interested me, I felt flattered, she was clear she wanted to be in an interracial relationship. I didn't get all sensitive about how she is a creeper. I turned her down because I said I wasn't attracted to her and she appreciated my honesty and I didn't fool her into thinking there was something there when it was never really going to be there in the first place. We all probably have noticed how women that do accept themselves, always get the catty remarks from other women who are too insecure to begin with, because how dare they use it to their advantage.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 7:03 am

Stalk wrote:

"Funny how women get so uptight..."

No. Not women. Women are not all the same.

"Women want to be treated like equals and like a man"

I do not see how this is even relevant to what you are saying.

What I am saying is that the overwhelming majority of men that creates these topics ("I myself am ... but I am only attracted to...") often make sweeping generalizitions about the personality traits of people from that race. Sometimes they even 'idolize' their culture. They want to learn black/asian/latin american history.
And that makes me wonder: where does this preference come from?
I am mixed race. White, black and asian. AND from MY experience, guys that will only date mixed race females are the creepiest. Some of the males might have a preference for mixed race females (are open to others if connection), and that is ok. But once again: when a guy would tell me he only likes mixed race females I would run a mile.
I've been there before.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 7:12 am

Stalk wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Stalk wrote:

I agree, I just feel that most men don't lie to themselves. When a black woman said she was interested me, I felt flattered, she was clear she wanted to be in an interracial relationship. I didn't get all sensitive about how she is a creeper. I turned her down because I said I wasn't attracted to her and she appreciated my honesty and I didn't fool her into thinking there was something there when it was never really going to be there in the first place. We all probably have noticed how women that do accept themselves, always get the catty remarks from other women who are too insecure to begin with, because how dare they use it to their advantage.

I don't see what 'women aren't less visual' has to do with this. Why is this even a woman-man discussion?
Did she tell you 'I want to be in an interracial relationship'? That is pretty creepy indeed. Would never date someone that said that to me because appearenlty that person places a lot of emphasis on race. No thanks.

The bold part, I don't see why it is relevant.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 7:35 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
I don't see what 'women aren't less visual' has to do with this. Why is this even a woman-man discussion?
Did she tell you 'I want to be in an interracial relationship'? That is pretty creepy indeed. Would never date someone that said that to me because appearenlty that person places a lot of emphasis on race. No thanks.

It ought to be a guy that has a preference for a particular type of woman. If he likes you for your green eyes (example), then you turn it around and says, he only likes you for your green eyes. Doesn't that sound a bit glass half empty type of person to you? I guess it is your preference that you like guys that only like the "inner" part of you, however you define that. It feels a bit unfair to blacklist someone for having a preference. Same as saying someone that only listens to rap is uncultured or not sophisticated.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 8:11 am

Stalk wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:

It ought to be a guy that has a preference for a particular type of woman. If he likes you for your green eyes (example), then you turn it around and says, he only likes you for your green eyes. Doesn't that sound a bit glass half empty type of person to you? I guess it is your preference that you like guys that only like the "inner" part of you, however you define that. It feels a bit unfair to blacklist someone for having a preference. Same as saying someone that only listens to rap is uncultured or not sophisticated.

If he likes my green eyes, that is fine. In fact I would be suprised if someone dated me but didn't find me physically attractive. Like I said, there is nothing wrong with having a preference. But when a guy (black, white, asian, mixed) tells me he only dates mixed race females with green eyes, that would be a turn off. Regardless of wether he also likes my personality.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 8:32 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
If he likes my green eyes, that is fine. In fact I would be suprised if someone dated me but didn't find me physically attractive. Like I said, there is nothing wrong with having a preference. But when a guy (black, white, asian, mixed) tells me he only dates small feet women with green eyes, that would be a turn off. Regardless of wether he also likes my personality.

There I fixed it for you, because you keep turning it into a race/ethnic problem, when it should just be a feature or set of features of a particular person.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 8:51 am

Stalk wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
If he likes my green eyes, that is fine. In fact I would be suprised if someone dated me but didn't find me physically attractive. Like I said, there is nothing wrong with having a preference. But when a guy (black, white, asian, mixed) tells me he only dates small feet women with green eyes, that would be a turn off. Regardless of wether he also likes my personality.

There I fixed it for you, because you keep turning it into a race/ethnic problem, when it should just be a feature or set of features of a particular person.

But that´s exactly the problem, it´s not just about a feature or a set of features.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 8:55 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

That might carry more weight if it was a woman saying that, rather than you as a bloke.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 8:56 am

black women can not be found after about 9 o'clock at night unless they wear reflective clothing.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 8:56 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
But that´s exactly the problem, it´s not just about a feature or a set of features.

If that's your own computer, you can probably map the keys so that you get an apostrophe when you press that key.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2013, 9:06 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
Stalk wrote:

uhm so according to you, you would only date a guy that is bisexual, or lets make it even more ridiculous, include bestiality, or a rock, because he should have tried everything before he should connect with the entity, that is you? You want to date a guy, you have a preference. He has a preference.

I give up trying to understand your point of view :shrug: