Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 4:27 am

Ive always loved Spyro games the first 6 were awesome and skylanders they seemed to sorta take aways spyros spotlight but still fun I am hoping Spyro regains the spot light in the next game! I hope they make a Spyro movie even!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

MikaNeko
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Jan 2013, 5:41 am

Spyro was the game me and my brother grew up playing. My favorites were Year of the Dragon (ramming moneybags :lol: ) and Gateway to the glimmer (They are still my favorites now I just don't have them anymore) I also had the GBA game. I've never played skylanders though I wasn't happy about spryo & co being replaced... :(

Your Aspie score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 57 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

日本語をならっています。

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 5:59 am

I thought the first game was one of the better games released for the PSX, which is funny because everyone was giving Nintendo the bad rap for having "kiddie games" ¬_¬

Still haven't beaten it and/or gotten around to playing the other two, though. Not really interested in any of the other games, though I hear one of the GBA titles is supposed to be good.

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2013, 6:15 pm

If its a game with a dragon as the main player, I'll give it a try. Whenever my brother decided to share (which wasn't often) I loved playing Spyro. Owned a couple games of my own later in life, they were fun too. Curious about Skylanders. It looks like fun . . .

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 12:50 am

Lots of video games feature dragons but only one video game series lets you play as one. I liked the first game the most since it was the easiest. I haven't seen many of the others. I've seen all of Spyro 1, Half of Ripto's Rage, a little bit of Year of the Dragon, half of both Crash and Spyro crossover games, and a little bit of the other handheld titles.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Sallee92
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2013, 6:13 pm

Spyro is my favorite overall game series(Insomniac trilogy only).
Out of all them Spyro 2 is my favorite love the final battle with Ripto and my favorite overall homeworld is Autumn Plains.
With Spyro 1 I'd say my favorite homeworld would be the Magic Crafters as I love the music and it's uniqueness.
Spyro 3 it would have to be a tie between Midday Gardens and Evening Lake.

I also own Japanese copies of Spyro 1 and 2 and I must say Spyro's Japanese voice is really cute my second favorite voice for Spyro with the first being Tom Kenny and third being Carlos Alazraqui. I really like the unique twist they did to the level cutscenes in the Japanese version of Spyro 2 with the character voices talking over them.Rather amusing I found :lol: .

I have played the Legend of Spyro series and found them utterly boring(Including the characters) and lack the magic and charm that the original Spyro had.

I see it overall there are three dragons known as Spyro as in the original(1-5) LOS(Reboot 1) Spyro(6, 7 and 8 ) and Skylanders Spyro(Reboot 2) as all their personalities are different from each other and that they all in different universes.

I must say though I do think Skylanders is not really a Spyro game but merely Spyro becoming absorbed into the skylanders universe and losing his significance as being the star character and in turning just being a Skylander among Skylanders.

I wish that a game like the originals was made again but largely expanded upon etc but I don't think that isn't going to happen anytime soon , especially with the success of Skylanders,(Just wish Spyro had his own main series again or at least a main title) :( but one can dream :D .

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 2:10 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAplw4iBgvY[/youtube] :D

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 2:24 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spB4a9Hzlzs[/youtube] 8)

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 9:13 pm

Yup, I'm a Spyro lover!! I've played all the games except for Hero's Tail, and everything after A New Beginning and own most of them in the series! Still play some of them whenever I get the chance, though it has been a while...

Then I have done my job

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 11:59 pm

They should make game where spyro teams up with mario and sonic in an adventure platforming game hehe.

Soozie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Jan 2013, 4:36 pm

Um ... hi ... If im honest I thought I was the only person who remebered Spyro , my fave game was year of the dragon (thats the ones where you have to collect the eggs and defeate the soceress ) ! That game kept me sane :3 ... I used to wish I was Sheila ... :3

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 6:01 am

They should give Spyro his own game back!

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 4:01 pm

As a kid I played all the Spyro games up to A Hero's Tail. They were really fun collecting all of the gems, headbutting sheep and dinosaurs, defeating Red, Ripto and Gnasty Gnorc and finally getting to take revenge on Moneybags.

AspieOtaku wrote:
They should give Spyro his own game back!

I agree Skylanders is so different it seems more like they put him in for money purposes (plus he does not look like the cute adorable purple dragon I knew as a kid) he needs his spotlight back I miss him!

legomyego
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Dec 2013, 6:22 pm

I always enjoyed spyro....cool character and games...

I have a game that the character reminds me a little bit of spyro....almost a copy....font is similar..and if you glanced at it you might think it a spyro game....called scaler.....its on the gamecube...don't think there are any sequals...it's an ok game....but no spyro...

Last edited by legomyego on 21 Dec 2013, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 7:33 pm

I loved Spyro when I was little. I could never find fantasy games featuring characters like dragons instead of people, so it was a dream come true.

I had a bad experience with Shadow Legacy, though, and was turned off of the series for awhile. Someone was asleep on bug testing duty. 8O

Frisco
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Dec 2013, 4:11 am

I still have a love affair with the Game Boy Advance Spyro games.