Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ed
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2005, 10:20 am

Today I sent the following email to President Bush:

subject: Iraq war

"Listening to your radio address, I thought I should respond.

You lied to us and the world in order to get us to agree to this war. You took us to war under false pretenses. That makes you criminally responsible for every death caused by the war. You are therefore a mass-murder, responsible for 20,000 or so deaths.

I am working (and will continue to work) to get you shipped off to The Hague to stand trial for Crimes Against Humanity."

----------------------------------------------------

Just thought I'd let you know (in case I suddenly disappear) :lol:

By the way, President Bush's email address is: [email protected]

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2005, 10:46 am

That said... Saddam Hussein was worse...

I'd rather have Bush the war criminal than Saddam the war criminal... but that's me...

I don't expect everybody to agree with me... but Saddam should've been thrown in a prison cell back in the 80s...

ed
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2005, 10:50 am

Feste-Fenris wrote:
I'd rather have Bush the war criminal than Saddam the war criminal... but that's me...

I agree with you completely. But I really don't think we should have any war criminal as President of the United States.

queerpuppy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Mar 2005, 11:37 am

Indeed, I'm glad that Saddam was removed from power, but the fact still remains that Bush went to war on a false premise - over WMD - NOT to remove Saddam from power. He went against the UN (As did Tony Blair), and went to war illegally.

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2005, 12:52 pm

So we're solid here... Bush bad... Saddam a million times worse...

I'm not sure how Bush is going to stop rich, overpriveleged Saudi terrorists by giving rich, overpriveleged Saudi royalty vast amounts of favours and gifts...

But that's why I'm not President... I'd try to re-structure Saudia Arabias government so none of the oil money goes to terrorists like Bin Laden...

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2005, 1:00 pm

I don't like President Bush (either one) but I have to give the devil his due...

Bush has done SOME good things like get rid of the Taliban... Bush has shown terrorists that the free world is not fooling around...

Bush is bollocks with the budget and treats the military like his toy set he got from Daddy... but he did get rid of the Taliban...

Let me put it this way... ever since October 2001 Bin Laden has been on the run, dodging our bullets... it is difficult for Al-Qaeda to plan more attacks when they are being shot at and hunted by an international coalition...

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2005, 1:27 pm

I think its worth noting the fundamental difference between Bush and Saddam in power: Bush rules in a political system with many effective checks and balances and a semblence of democracy to constrain and restrain him - if not for the US's vastly superior and better functioning political system I believe Bush and the rest of his ilk would freely metamorphose into something just as bad as Saddam....

But anyway yes, Bush = evil, Saddam = more evil.....

I think its reaching to say Bush Baby has gotten rid of Al-Qaeda though.... They're still out there.... And let us not forget that it was Bush's forefathers who helped create Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan in the first place....

I'm not going to stoop to mentioning the (partially corroborated) conspiracy theory that the US government actually bolstered Al-Qaeda's capabilities in the wake of the Soviet collapse so as to have a replacement bete noire to scare its citizens with and spend military budget in defeating.....

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2005, 2:21 pm

ed wrote:
Today I sent the following email to President Bush:

subject: Iraq war

"Listening to your radio address, I thought I should respond.

You lied to us and the world in order to get us to agree to this war. You took us to war under false pretenses. That makes you criminally responsible for every death caused by the war. You are therefore a mass-murder, responsible for 20,000 or so deaths.

I am working (and will continue to work) to get you shipped off to The Hague to stand trial for Crimes Against Humanity."

I agree with you completely, ed. But, do you really think that George W. Bush actually reads those e-mails? Even if he did, would he really care?

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2005, 2:23 pm

Can Bush read anything more challenging than 'My Pet Goat' though? 8O

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2005, 3:10 pm

Is Bush really dyslexic or is that just something the liberal neurologists say?

It would explain a bit... Bush has incredible social skills... yet he went to Yale without getting educated...

Epimonandas
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2005, 5:28 pm

I suppose then you would have to include the likes of:

FDR as a war criminal, since he helped the British long before Germany went to war despite claiming neutrality and he mislead the American Government and military and people, though the reasons may not have been publicized til later, that the Germans had or almost had an Abomb, when they were far from it since they lacked enough of the key ingredient of Heavy water.

Or the accusations that the British let the Luisitainia be sunk by ignoring dangerous waters, signs of nearby subs, and by Carrying Arms for War (thus making the ship a legitimate target), just to get the U.S. into war.

Or JFK for getting America involved in Vietnam in the first place.

Or Mckinley and Teddy Roosevelt for the Phillipino War, many died in that one too.

Or the British leaders and Queen Victoria for the hundreds and perhaps millions of dead from the Opium Wars of the 19th Century.

Or Putin and Yeltsin for the Cheychnyan War.

Or the British and the French negotiators for inaccurately dividing up the Middle East after WWI against T.E. Lawrence's advice and one of the main causes of so much trouble there today.

Or.... (I could go on with many examples as bad, but mostly worse than anything Bush ever did and many more civilians died in many of these mistakes of government, partly because they had yet to develop smart and accurate weaponry.)

Leaders dont always know all information with a 100% accuaracy, besides at least he had other reasons to go. And guess what many if not all politicians and leaders lie.

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2005, 9:48 pm

Bush is so greedy (politically speaking) that the Dutch are protesting...

Bush is so violent that Germany and Ireland are protesting...

Bush is so incompetent politically that Italy is protesting...

Bush is so arrogant the French are protesting...

Bush is so self-righteous even England is protesting...

Bush is so uneducated that even Canada is protesting...

Bush is so primitive that Australia is protesting...

Bush is so indifferent to human suffering that Russians don't like him...

Bush is so blatant China's Government doesn't like him...

Bush is so self-important that Japan protests him...

Bush has stonewalled scientific progress so much; India protests him...

What is Bush? The sum of all ethnic stereotypes...

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2005, 11:25 pm

Er, excuse me, because I'm a bit rusty on both politics and history. But I was under the impression that the U.S. actually contributed towards putting both Sadaam and Bin Laden in power? If this is in fact true, I cannot see how that makes Bush any better...and I also fail to understand why we establish puppet leadership in other countries, only to come back and attack them later...but as I said, perhaps my facts are off.

Mockingbird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2005, 11:43 pm

ed wrote:

I agree with you 100%

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2005, 6:03 am

It's all to do with oil, chamoisee. It allows you North Americans to live in the lap of luxury, while throwing ludicrous insults at your President who's doing what he can to keep you in the manner to which you're accustomed.

If it wasn't for the oil, you'd just let the ungrateful buggers in Iraq get on with their usual agenda of torture, mass murder and religous zealotry.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2005, 5:08 pm

duncvis wrote:
Can Bush read anything more challenging than 'My Pet Goat' though? 8O
no but he plays with it