Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

salad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 5:17 pm

ppl seem to have forgotten it ever since the sony and microsoft overshadowed it.

Curiotical
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 5:58 pm

Yes, Nintendo is totally underrated by many of today's gamers. Their games and consoles lead the way in innovation, but it seems that these days, having ABSOLUTELY perfect graphics, and violent scenes is all that matters to people. :roll:

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 8:24 pm

I guess so, with the introduction of the WiiU and 3DS however they're getting back up.

Honestly, Sony is doing well, although Microsoft on the other hand doesn't deserve so much popularity ._.

All for boosting Nintendo's though.

Author/Writer

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 10:28 pm

I was a Nintendo fan before the wii came out. I played the SNES in daycare and the first game system I owned for myself was a N64. Then I got a gamecube but my brother got an Xbox for Christmas in the same generation. I played both but I preferred Nintendo.

Then the wii came out and I was extremely disappointed. I didn't want a new motion sensor gimmick. I just wanted a game console. If they made another system with a similar kind of controller to the previous one and stuck to the same idea I would've bought it.

Nintendo alienated me with its new marketing strategy. I still bought a Nintendo DS when it came out but I've stayed away from the 3DS so far.

khaos
Toucan
Toucan

07 Feb 2013, 10:31 pm

I have always been a HUGE fan on Nintendo. IMO is the best. I like Playstation, Sega, HATE Xbox and etc. But It all started with the NES and I've been in love with it since!

AS, OCD, ADHD - Diagnosed
PTSD - Undiagnosed
<"May the Gods have mercy on you for I shall show none...">

Darkone101
Toucan
Toucan

07 Feb 2013, 11:06 pm

I started off in nintendo but moved to Sony. Nintendo console has not many games I would like and spams Mario. Their handhelds are epic though and Nintendo should spend more money on it.

The Xbox has to many buttons for just "aim and shoot"

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2013, 11:26 pm

Over rated.

gamerlegend
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Feb 2013, 12:23 am

man nintendo is going to soon climb back up to number 2 best company (valve being no. 1) and nintendo has my support. my first system was gamecube and eversince i first played pikmin on it i have been supporting them ever since. and with the wii u out we all know nintendo will be very successful consider SSB4 FOR WII U :D

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 1:28 am

I grew up with Nintendo, between the NES, SNES, and Gameboy early on, and later the N64 and Gamecube. My first non-Nintendo system was the original Xbox, and even though I now own an Xbox 360 and PS3 at this point, I will always be a Nintendo fan as well.

I own a Wii U and 3DS, but I am also still looking forward to the new Microsoft and Sony consoles, though its highly unlikely I will get both if they both release this year, I may get whichever one has a better launch lineup. I just see no reason to limit myself or my game choices to one manufacturer.

LimitedSlip
Raven
Raven

08 Feb 2013, 1:44 am

Huh? Underrated? The Wii was impossible to acquire for MONTHS and MONTHS when it first came out. As a PC gamer I gotta say the xbox is where it's at. Who has the most realistic racing game? Xbox. Who has the best hardware? Probably Sony but xbox is better supported by developers anyways (old Sony exclusives like Armored Core and Final Fantasy (which actually started out on Nintendos...) are now available on both consoles while new franchises like Gears of War and Halo are xbox exclusive (the PC ports should be excluded because they are fairly bad ports).

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 2:59 am

I agree that racing games are best on Xbox, mainly because of the controller. They have the best analog triggers for controlling acceleration. I would like to see Microsoft bring back Midtown Madness and/or Project Gotham Racing instead of focusing solely on Forza, I prefer my racers arcadey.

Question14
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Feb 2013, 3:30 am

Yes it seems everyone focus on the Xbox and PS3. In game arguments you will hear these 2 and maybe the PC but never the Wii.
It is more of a family game conosle but it has so much potential. Nintendo may not have guns and violence but it has many creative ways to play!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 7:44 am

I don't think Nintendo is underrated, I just think Microsoft is overrated. Sony is just trying to hang in there, it doesn't seem like they have much longer...

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2013, 7:50 am

Question14 wrote:
Nintendo may not have guns and violence...

Are you sure about that? I have quite a few games with the word "Resident" in the title that disagree with you ;)

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 8:11 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Question14 wrote:
Nintendo may not have guns and violence...

Are you sure about that? I have quite a few games with the word "Resident" in the title that disagree with you ;)

The Wii and Wii-U have most of the "Call of Duty" games although people pretend like they're only for the Playstation/Xbox for some reason. :roll: COD:Black Ops 2 is great with the Wii-U controller by the way.

Nintendo's 1st-party games don't have many guns in them, but the Metroid Prime series is FPS for example.

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2013, 11:41 pm

I'd say they're rated just the right amount, maybe somewhat overrated at this point.

But how they're rated goes in cycles. They try new things, introduce new ideas and new IPs, people hate on it, so they go back to their old standby franchises, so people complain that it's more of the same, and those new IPs that people hated before are remembered fondly and get sequels.

Right now we're in the "old standby franchises" phase of this cycle.