Page 1 of 7 [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 12:17 pm

New York Times

Guilty. It is interesting the role that social media played in this case.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 12:36 pm

From Wide Receiver to Tight End. It is an American tragedy.

ruveyn

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 12:40 pm

Only tight until they get pried open in juvie.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 1:36 pm

I have read that they are only going to get a short prison sentance of a year, I think that they should get a longer sentance. I think that these amoral jocks need a long time in prison to fully understand the gravity of their vile misdeeds, then when they understand the gravity of what they have done then maybe they can start to be rehabilitated.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 2:41 pm

In prison they may experience to their sorrow and grief a reversal in roles and fortune.

ruveyn

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 4:13 pm

I don't think this is the first time an unconscious woman has been fingered by a guy. The verdict must have come as a shock to the defendants who probably think they did nothing wrong. At the same time, it's not okay to sexually assault someone who is non-responsive. It wouldn't be right if two women assaulted an unconscious guy either.

It's ironic that the convicts will probably be subject to the same assault that was judged so heinous.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 7:10 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
... It's ironic that the convicts will probably be subject to the same assault that was judged so heinous.

Let the punishment fit the crime.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 8:24 pm

Fnord wrote:
Ann2011 wrote:
... It's ironic that the convicts will probably be subject to the same assault that was judged so heinous.

Do you seriously mean that?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2013, 10:03 pm

GGPViper wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Ann2011 wrote:
Do you seriously mean that?

I seriously mean that.

And I seriously expect it to happen.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 4:41 am

There were others who victimized her.

And she was not 'just' digitally molested.

This is notan 'Adults Only' forum, so the whole story is on the Internet,but it is sickening, if you consider researching it.

Sylkat

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 7:41 am

Sylkat wrote:
This is not an 'Adults Only' forum, so the whole story is on the Internet,but it is sickening, if you consider researching it

It seems almost hateful as well as sexual.

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 7:42 am

Sylkat wrote:
There were others who victimized her.

And she was not 'just' digitally molested.

This is notan 'Adults Only' forum, so the whole story is on the Internet,but it is sickening, if you consider researching it.

Sylkat

druging, rape= 1 year?
wow

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 7:46 am

danmac wrote:
Sylkat wrote:
There were others who victimized her. and she was not 'just' digitally molested. This is notan 'Adults Only' forum, so the whole story is on the Internet,but it is sickening, if you consider researching it.
drugging, rape= 1 year? wow

They're juveniles. Our legal system rarely sentences juveniles as adults unless the crime is murder.

This is why "jailhouse justice" is usually invoked for crimes like this.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 8:24 am

Fnord wrote:
danmac wrote:
Sylkat wrote:
There were others who victimized her. and she was not 'just' digitally molested. This is notan 'Adults Only' forum, so the whole story is on the Internet,but it is sickening, if you consider researching it.
drugging, rape= 1 year? wow

They're juveniles. Our legal system rarely sentences juveniles as adults unless the crime is murder.

This is why "jailhouse justice" is usually invoked for crimes like this.

If those boys were virgins going into jail they will not be virgins when they leave.

It serves them right.

ruveyn

xenon13
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 11:13 am

I never knew it was part of the sentence...

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 1:02 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
Sylkat wrote:
This is not an 'Adults Only' forum, so the whole story is on the Internet,but it is sickening, if you consider researching it

It seems almost hateful as well as sexual.

It's more than hateful as well as sexual.

I grew up in a similar culture. It's contemptuous. Like they said in one of their media messages-- "Some people deserve to get pissed on." Whether that was a vendetta for something that happened (or didn't happen) earlier, or whether that's just for getting too drunk and passing out at a party, makes very little difference.

It's, "You are weak, I can hurt you, therefore you deserve to be hurt."

It's a cultural problem-- and not just in the Rust Belt, though that's where I grew up with it. It happens all over.

I have limited sympathy for the boys. They're a product of their culture. They probably didn't stop to think they were doing something wrong.

They should have stopped to think. I hope they enjoy getting the same treatment from someone bigger and stronger in juvie. I hope they enjoy a lifetime of being branded sex offenders. f**k 'em. I hate jocks anyway.
I have, sadly, no sympathy whatever for the young lady. I know I shouldn't feel that way, but-- I do. She went to a party and got drunk with a bunch of other high schoolers. She wanted to have a good time, and got taken for a ride. She wanted to f**k, and she got raped.

She is also a product of the culture. She knew the risk she was taking. My husband, long ago, told me that if I were ever raped, he would treat it as adultery. He said that knowingly putting yourself in a situation where something like that can happen is, basically, the same as consenting to or even soliciting it.

I thought he was horrid at the time.

Fifteen years later, I realize he was absolutely right. She knew what went down at house parties. She invited it. She deserved it. To put it in terms from my high school days-- Hey, that's what happens to skanks.