Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2013, 9:02 pm

I recently came up with the idea of selling old cast off books on Ebay to earn a little money. My mom has tons of old books that are just sitting in the garage that she is willing to let me sell, and I got some books off Freecycle that I plan to sell. Old books don't go for much money, maybe a couple dollars each, but it's better than nothing, and I can get them for free. Anybody tried something like this?

faultyproduct
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 May 2013, 4:23 am

pezar wrote:
I recently came up with the idea of selling old cast off books on Ebay to earn a little money. My mom has tons of old books that are just sitting in the garage that she is willing to let me sell, and I got some books off Freecycle that I plan to sell. Old books don't go for much money, maybe a couple dollars each, but it's better than nothing, and I can get them for free. Anybody tried something like this?

Yes i did but only sold two books out of ten so hit rate was very poor.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2013, 1:57 pm

faultyproduct wrote:
pezar wrote:

Yes i did but only sold two books out of ten so hit rate was very poor.

Did you try lowering your prices? Paperback novels only go for $3, hardback ones maybe $5-6. Specialty books can sometimes go for more, but not too much more.

backagain
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 May 2013, 11:56 pm

I used to sell all kinds of things on ebay at different periods in my life.
Just so you know, it costs to list something.
A few years back ebay changed some of it's policies to where sellers could not leave feedback, but buyers can, meaning buyers have more power.
Some things sell, some don't.
Before you bother listing anything, look that item up on ebay to see if there are already 30 of them listed.
Now, the good part- you can add a "handling fee" that is included in the shipping estimate. I used to add a dollar or two.
Some buyers are great, some are spoiled housewife types that love to complain.