Look out! It's a Nice Guy! DESTROY HIM!!

Page 23 of 25 [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 5:39 am

Plus there's the whole "She's faking it" scene, especially if the male is well-respected.

A lot of people (male and female) really misuse their power. It's disgusting and when people belittle those who have been raped or say they're lying, the give more power to the people who do these horrible things.

Worse of the lot are the people who really fake it. The give power to the people who say the victims are lying, which in turn gives power to the rapists.

People can be so mean.

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 5:55 am

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
Greb wrote:
For a man, being raped is is a social stigma much worse than for a woman. From the social point of view, it's like taking away all his manhood. And he's not gonna receive support, but mockery.
Saying that, asking for empathy and support for these men, is basically answered with violence and insults.

That happens plenty for women who have been raped too.
Perhaps with less threats of violence, but perhaps more with lecherous comments instead.
Many people will be as*holes to people who have been raped and admit to it, regardless of their gender.
8) Just saying.

Yeap, but the situation has really improved for women in the last decades, and that's great. But for men it didn't change. And feminists don't want it to change. It's like a revenge against men, just because... they're men. Like being born man is a sin by itself. It's funny that most of feminists are atheist, but you wont find anybody else so willing to defend the concept of original sin.

That has some similarities with the 'nice guys' question, that was the original topic. Unless many people here states, the points in the video are not about 'women must like nice guys, ar!! !', but about other stuff. Nice guys, nowadays, for example, they have a social stigma too. Many times a girl can decide not to go out with one of these guys not because she doesn't like him, but because she's afraid of the social problem she will have. 'Hey, are you with this guy? are you kidding? you couldn't get anybody better that this poor loser?'. This is for example a problem to be addressed and it's a fair claim.

But what you see is people answering with violence, and insults, and perpetuating, this way, this social stigma. Many men included because, no matter I support men's rights, I have to agree that stupidity is very usual male feature.

Kezzstar wrote:
People can be so mean.

Yeap. :(

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 6:10 am

I could try pointing out that the situation hasn't changed any over the last few decades for women (perhaps in certain areas of the world, but not in many (probably most) areas.... or I could try pointing out that the previous comment about feminists is massively generalised, as well as over-presumptious and fairly offensive towards many people ... but why bother ? :wink: I doubt that what I have to say will make any difference to how this topic is going, anyway.

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 6:16 am

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
I could try pointing out that the situation hasn't changed any over the last few decades for women (perhaps in certain areas of the world, but not in many (probably most) areas.... or I could try pointing out that the previous comment about feminists is massively generalised, as well as over-presumptious and fairly offensive towards many people ... but why bother ? :wink: I doubt that what I have to say will make any difference to how this topic is going, anyway.

[1] I don't know in your country. In Boo's one, for example, surely it didn't change. But in mine a woman can talk openly about have been raped and she'll receive empathy and support. And I know because I have seen it more than once.

[2] Generalised and over-presumptious? Check this thread, please. 80% of it are insults.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 6:20 am

[1]Most of the people in the world do not live in your country, whichever one that is.
I would expect that even within your own country, actually many women are most likely treated badly after saying that they have been raped.... whatever you have seen yourself a couple of times.

[2] So ? Does that mean it's okay to hurl generalised offensive comments around without any good reason for doing so ?

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 6:41 am

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
[1]Most of the people in the world do not live in your country, whichever one that is.
I would expect that even within your own country, actually many women are most likely treated badly after saying that they have been raped.... whatever you have seen yourself a couple of times.

So we're supposed to wait that everything is right in every last corner of Earth before trying to fix these problems? Seriously? :roll:

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
[2] So ? Does that mean it's okay to hurl generalised offensive comments around without any good reason for doing so ?

Generalised comes from general. So when something happens in a generalised way...

Well, anyway. Don't know why I'm trying to explain. Damn. Done for now.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 6:50 am

Greb wrote:
Ladywoofwoof wrote:

So we're supposed to wait that everything is right in every last corner of Earth before trying to fix these problems? Seriously? :roll:

Ladywoofwoof wrote:

Generalised comes from general. So when something happens in a generalised way...

Well, anyway. Don't know why I'm trying to explain. Damn. Done for now.

The strawman says : "Hey, leave me out of this weird-ass topic. Go home, you're probably drunk. "

[img][800:1348]http://greedyteddy.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/strawman007.jpg[/img]

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 7:12 am

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
The strawman says : "Hey, leave me out of this weird-ass topic. Go home, you're probably drunk. "

And more insults...

Again.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 9:27 am

I've pretty much have given my analysis to this. I speak from experience and self-reflection. It took me a long time to obtain these answers. I used the concepts from my critical thinking class and discovered others online. This is a similar concept as to why some college graduates have major problems obtaining a job in their field.

As a metaphor think of it like this. A car needs gas to operate. On the other hand just because a car has gas that doesn't mean it will operate. Gas alone in a car is insufficient but necessary for a car to operate. This is the problem that guys who see themselves as nice are running into. This is the same problem college graduates are having when trying to obtain a job. In both cases, the person inadvertently thinks that just because something is required for x it automatically means it is sufficient or guaranteed to obtain x. There may be other requirements that may not have been looked at or thought of.

Greb and others, what do you personally think of what I have said and my conclusions? Greb, If I have made any personal insults to you in anyway, shape or form, I did not mean to do so. I may do it without meaning to and if I made an insult to you by accident will you please let me know that I did and tell me why you perceive it as an insult.

Greb
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 11:20 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
I've pretty much have given my analysis to this. I speak from experience and self-reflection. It took me a long time to obtain these answers. I used the concepts from my critical thinking class and discovered others online. This is a similar concept as to why some college graduates have major problems obtaining a job in their field.

As a metaphor think of it like this. A car needs gas to operate. On the other hand just because a car has gas that doesn't mean it will operate. Gas alone in a car is insufficient but necessary for a car to operate. This is the problem that guys who see themselves as nice are running into. This is the same problem college graduates are having when trying to obtain a job. In both cases, the person inadvertently thinks that just because something is required for x it automatically means it is sufficient or guaranteed to obtain x. There may be other requirements that may not have been looked at or thought of.

Greb and others, what do you personally think of what I have said and my conclusions? Greb, If I have made any personal insults to you in anyway, shape or form, I did not mean to do so. I may do it without meaning to and if I made an insult to you by accident will you please let me know that I did and tell me why you perceive it as an insult.

Well, I think the main problem here is that you're taking for granted something that one of the video's points is precissaly to debate: that nice guys think that they're entitled to have a relationship.

Because this is something that is widely repeated and is based in.... nothing. You know: things are based in facts. You're an abusive partner because you abuse. You're a cheater because you cheat. Exactly, in what is based all this statement about 'being entitled' besides some ambiguous thoughts?.

What you have, basically, is unrequitted love. Somebody loves, or likes, and he or she is unrequitted. And he or she keeps hope. And well, it's a kind of relation. I have been several times in both sides: friendzoned and friendzoning, so I understand quite well how both sides feel. And it's complicated, for one side can be a little hurting, for the other one can be a little uncomfortable. But we're in a free world, and people can choose freely their relations. If you're friendzoned or friendzoning and you keep meeting this person, it's your choice. And it's not such a big thing. It's just the f*****g unrequitted love that has existed the whole history and nobody started to blame and demonize until now.

Have you heard some women talking about friendzoned? It's like 'you're only nice to me because you want to get me sexually and you don't consider me a real person' and... it's so f*****g dirty. It's just a guy trying to be nice to have something with a girl he likes because he doesn't know any other better way to flirt, something that many girls do too, by the way. And suddenly it's something dirty, and perverted... it's like looking at other people's through a lens full of s**t.

You have seen how many insults have been dropped in this thread? It's like.... hate. Basically hate.

Have you read the two articles the video I posted to open this thread were answering? You can read things like that:

The truth is, women are allowed to say no. If your feelings aren't returned and your heart happens to be hanging around in your large intestine, I'm a little sorry (that you were a jerk). I hope you're going to change your ways and that you'll be able to treat the next girl you meet with respect, but the next time I see you complain about getting "friendzoned", I hope she rips out something other than your heart.

You transform the f*****g traditional unrequitted love in something perveted and wicked that represents 'Evil'. And then you write paragraphs like this one assigning yourself the role of 'Good' and feeling that you're doing good when spitting all this hate.

Seriously, this much worse than being rejected or not being rejected, that is insignificant. What matters is that there's a whole generation of women, in which many of them are in the edge of sociopathy.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 11:30 am

kill it with fire

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 12:04 pm

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 12:53 pm

Greb wrote:
What matters is that there's a whole generation of women, in which many of them are in the edge of sociopathy.

And more insults against a large general group of women. :roll:

Sometimes you do have some insightful comments, but you seem to need to sandwich them between such vitriol. This obviously is putting a lot of respondents on the defensive and is polarizing this discussion. I don't understand people who thrive on antagonism. :?

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 12:58 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
Greb wrote:
What matters is that there's a whole generation of women, in which many of them are in the edge of sociopathy.

Sometimes you do have some insightful comments, but you seem to need to sandwich them between such vitriol. This obviously is putting a lot of respondents on the defensive and is polarizing this discussion. I don't understand people who thrive on antagonism. :?

But the word "general" means "general" .... and so, if he's insulting a general group of women then uhhhhh.... derpa derp herp derp.

Anyway, more to the point.... why do you have to be so insulting towards this poor fellow ?
Calling him antagonistic and suchlike... so cruel and heartless.
You probably step on kittens just for fun, you evil wench !
:shameonyou:

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 1:01 pm

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:
Greb wrote:

But the word "general" means "general" .... and so, if he's insulting a general group of women then uhhhhh.... derpa derp herp derp.

Anyway, more to the point.... why do you have to be so insulting towards this poor fellow ?

Nah, just chop them up and boil them into stew...
:twisted:

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 1:31 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
Ladywoofwoof wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:
Greb wrote:

Nah, just chop them up and boil them into stew...
:twisted:

Here's a good cat recipe: http://catrecipes.com/recipes/braisedcat.html