Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2014, 6:05 pm

Maybe it's my $htty body that has to let it out every night cuz it can't handle it, but...I couldn't squat the 195x3 that I did two days before, today...I shouldn't havehad a problem with deadlifts today even though I hadn't done it in like a week...205 was no biggie at 6 reps, so I put on 15 more...could not even do the 3rd set of like 2 properly.
4th set i was rounding my back left and right...7 sets total btw.

SHould probably do those deadlifts at lower weight tomorrow.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2014, 7:32 pm

"don't lean forward."

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2014, 8:45 pm

auntblabby wrote:
"don't lean forward."

Meaning what?

Also, sorry I didn't have time to elaborate on what I meant, but basically, I was saying that it may have been that my body had not adapted to daily heavy squats yet...John Broz, the dude who maxes out his students EVERY DAY, says that you should build up to it...like 3 days a week for a couple weeks, next couple weeks do 4 days, eventually you'll be able to do it daily.

...though maybe it may have been the wet dream i had last night... Incline bench today couldn't even do 2 out of 5 reps...In fact I'm dead sure that was the culprit this time, though strangely, biceps curling was beastly today...

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2014, 8:47 pm

auntblabby wrote:
"don't lean forward."

Meaning what?

Also, sorry I didn't have time to elaborate on what I meant, but basically, I was saying that it may have been that my body had not adapted to daily heavy squats yet...John Broz, the dude who maxes out his students EVERY DAY, says that you should build up to it...like 3 days a week for a couple weeks, next couple weeks do 4 days, eventually you'll be able to do it daily.

...though maybe it may have been the wet dream i had last night... Incline bench today couldn't even do 2 out of 5 reps...In fact I'm dead sure that was the culprit this time, though strangely, biceps curling was beastly today...

I'm just asking for future and general reference that should you build up to daily heavy lifting?

I do 3 reps squat, and I attempted 2-3 on DL, but unfortunately, I just could not pull it off properly, and now I just have an irritated back...
I'm using Mike O'hearn's Power bodybuilding routine...and thinking of adding more Broz(daily 2-3 rep maxes) principles.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2014, 8:47 pm

I meant "train, don't strain." not all days will be the same. if you don't feel up to what you did yesterday, don't sweat it. injuries could result if you do otherwise on a regular basis.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2014, 9:19 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I meant "train, don't strain." not all days will be the same. if you don't feel up to what you did yesterday, don't sweat it. injuries could result if you do otherwise on a regular basis.

but the dude says that your CNS doesn't like adapting, so it tricks you into thinking it's bad for you.

Essentially...if you strain, it will train

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2014, 9:20 pm

all I know, is that when I strained I injured.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2014, 9:26 pm

auntblabby wrote:

mmm....perhaps you weren't understanding what tore in what way, etc.

I have strained before too, and I'm quite sure it was a weak supporting muscle...too many squats with no back exercises (i.e. deadlift).

Also, bad form kills.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2014, 9:28 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I have strained before too, and I'm quite sure it was a weak supporting muscle...too many squats with no back exercises (i.e. deadlift).

Also, bad form kills.

it was an ill-fitting [bad ergonomics in the design of the machine which was not adjustable sufficient for me] exercise machine that was for my arms that caused epicondylitis. was told to avoid similarly designed machines in the future.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2014, 11:03 am

auntblabby wrote:
muslimmetalhead wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Also, bad form kills.

it was an ill-fitting [bad ergonomics in the design of the machine which was not adjustable sufficient for me] exercise machine that was for my arms that caused epicondylitis. was told to avoid similarly designed machines in the future.

Yup, that is bad form...of the machine

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2014, 5:06 pm

Man I feel like an idiot for having to espouse totally different ideas on here compared to my prior posts, but here we go.

Broz is a juicer, two of his lifters got popped for juice, one of his lifters quit lifting because he didn't want to get popped for juice at a competition and not be able to get a medical license. Ivan Abadjiev was called "the butcher" and most of his athletes hated his guts and said his methodology sucked. To quote an athlete who worked under Abadjiev his plan it was "lifts not going up, more squats, squats not going up, more dianabol."

So there you go, Dianabol. Naim Suleymanoglu was supposedly on 30 pills a day, so even if they're 5mg pills, that's 150mg Dianabol for a guy who weighs like 130lbs.

I think Broz, and "Bulgarian" style training is the biggest trolls in lifting right now.
----
Here's what you do if you don't want to go that route.
Find a periodized routine suitable for your skill level that increases volume or intensity gradually on a planned basis.

So regardless of origin (Russian, American, whatever,) run a periodized actual program that guarantees you increase, ie, Sheiko (which I've just finished my second run through of) you start your squats at 70% 5x5. You end up doing 80% for 7 sets 3 and 85% for 4 sets of 2. Obviously that's a high volume approach, but if you want a high intensity approach even something like Wendler's 5/3/1 isn't bad and works on the same concept. At least for Russians doing high frequency training via Sheiko programs, 5 days a week, Boris recommends those programs only for people competing internationally in powerlifting, and 3 if you're a normal person with a job, school, etc. With Olympic lifting, too, the 5+ day programs are meant, again, for international competitors that usually have been lifting for a decade or so, and are usually living at a national training center.

The problem with Broz or "Bulgarian" style training is without a coach to push the hell out of you and yell at you, it ends up working out to being based on how you feel. And Broz is right in this regard, "how you feel is a lie." So people go in and do high intensity high frequency training, and are just constantly chasing the high of lifting a big single or double (at least this is how I was) instead of just working hard and having faith that your work will pan out.

http://www.allthingsgym.com/programming ... htlifters/