Page 1 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 3:56 am

Quote:
The height of your partner really does matter in a relationship - for women at least, researchers have found.
They say having a tall partner can make women feel more feminine and protected.
They also found that men care far less about the height of their partner.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2556117/Height-really-does-matter-relationship-women-say-scientists.html
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

A call on short men out there, according to some threads on WrongPlanet, if you go for an Asian woman, it should solve two problems.
  1. asians are considered more feminine (requirement for height lessens)
  2. asians lenght on average are lower than most.

Or you can always go abroad based on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average_height#Average_height_around_the_world

So this can go both ways, "ugly" women can feel feminine with tall men too. :P

Deuterium
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Feb 2014, 4:21 am

I'm average height, very skinny, and feminine, myself. I'm not going to be the image of protection, or a secure contrast of gender role, to anyone. But I'm okay with that since it's just who I am and the people fit for me will accept that - if she happens to be Asian, that's fine!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 4:30 am

True for my experience, I cared far less for the other's height than any woman I've gone out with. I didn't even care or felt less attracted if she's bit taller but one hand can't clap.

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 1:03 pm

I'm well over six feet and I've always liked smaller women.I once had a girlfriend who was the same height as me and it felt really weird.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 1:45 pm

All I can say is where are the women that are chasing after me? Height seems to scare them off if anything! Unfortunately so called feminine women (the ones I am most attracted to) seem to be downright repulsed by me for some reason.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 2:16 pm

It is definitely more difficult for me to feel feminine (particularly in a sexual way) with a man shorter than me. The closer the man is to my size (or shorter than me), the more I feel like he is my buddy, and the less I feel the instinctual attraction of "him Tarzan, me Jane." That doesn't mean I'm not capable of physical attraction to a man my height or shorter; it just means that I am probably naturally more physically attracted to tall men (especially over 6', since I am 5'8"). If a man is even 5'9" or 5'10" I feel like I am the same size as him. If he's shorter than that, I feel like I tower over him. That is not exactly conducive to sexual attraction......

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2014, 3:24 pm

I think that's absolutely the reason why I continuously get attention/flirts from women online (those who never met me and seen my height) while in real life I get none of such attentions.

It probably also explains why those same-height/taller dates no longer attracted after first dates despite them saying found me attractive before it - (some did know my height before it thro some online conversation; and they were like "I never tried it before..." or "maybe not a big deal, I am not that much taller..." but I dunno what went in their minds after seeing me, probably they felt worse than expected about it.

Last time I used okc seriously I deliberately ruled out taller girls, and whoever taller girl show interest (and as usual they don't read the profile's info well) I flatly point them in a first reply or first message something like: "Look, before wasting each other's times, you're 168 tall, I am 163, would you tolerate that?"

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2014, 5:45 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I think that's absolutely the reason why I continuously get attention/flirts from women online (those who never met me and seen my height) while in real life I get none of such attentions.

It probably also explains why those same-height/taller dates no longer attracted after first dates despite them saying found me attractive before it - (some did know my height before it thro some online conversation; and they were like "I never tried it before..." or "maybe not a big deal, I am not that much taller..." but I dunno what went in their minds after seeing me, probably they felt worse than expected about it.

Last time I used okc seriously I deliberately ruled out taller girls, and whoever taller girl show interest (and as usual they don't read the profile's info well) I flatly point them in a first reply or first message something like: "Look, before wasting each other's times, you're 168 tall, I am 163, would you tolerate that?"

Have you considered placing a restriction on height as a requirement on your profile? e.g. you date women that are shorter than say 4 inches than your own height?

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2014, 8:37 am

Eureka13 wrote:
It is definitely more difficult for me to feel feminine (particularly in a sexual way) with a man shorter than me. The closer the man is to my size (or shorter than me), the more I feel like he is my buddy, and the less I feel the instinctual attraction of "him Tarzan, me Jane." That doesn't mean I'm not capable of physical attraction to a man my height or shorter; it just means that I am probably naturally more physically attracted to tall men (especially over 6', since I am 5'8"). If a man is even 5'9" or 5'10" I feel like I am the same size as him. If he's shorter than that, I feel like I tower over him. That is not exactly conducive to sexual attraction......

For me it was quiet the opposite. I had no issues with my "feminity", but when I had an really short relationship with a men being smaller then me, it was him, that had issues all the time about that topic by himself. So he felt disturbed, by me not really caring about all that barbiestuff, because as far as I understood, he was thinking that if I chose to appear more barbielike, then this would make up more for the height difference he cared so much for, as if I choose to wear my normal cloth. O_o I was very sporty around that time, so I was taller and broader (not in the meaning of overweight), and HE felt really disturbed by that, while I only felt disturbed by him issuing around all the time about that "Look more barbielike." topic. -.-

So I dont care myself for it, but because of my actual partner being taller and broader then I am, he luckily never had any issues about that topic, that I need to wear dresses or whatever to make him look more "malish".

Moviesftw4
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Feb 2014, 6:58 pm

Eureka13 wrote:

That's just a nice way of saying size matters.

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 8:01 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

It sounds like you've been disappointed already, and it's hard to face the possibility of that again. But if you're talking about people in your vicinity, you don't want to rule out potential dates; you don't know these people. Maybe some taller women are put off by that, but most of the time you won't know which women in particular, and it may not be all that hard to just meet up.

I would be a bit more careful if I were about to try a long-distance relationship formed on the internet, where you're an expensive plane ticket away, and I might find after finally meeting up (after months of deliberation) that we were not as attracted to one another as we thought or hoped. That would be a disappointing waste of time when you could have met someone else. But I wouldn't rule anyone out, I would just try to be honest about it after you get to know the person.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 8:18 pm

My height preference for a partner, male or female, is around 2-5 inches taller. I put this down to my insecurities rather than my femininity (of which I have much less than the average female). I feel uncomfortable around people who are shorter than me, because I feel like I am being put in a position of dominance/power/responsibility/something like that. This includes interacting with children, so it's not just a relationship or peer thing.

I'm also a practical person and therefore I prefer my partner not to be more than a few inches taller, because it is just easier to interact with someone close to your own height (e.g. holding hands while walking).

So...I personally don't think I can related to the research findings, but what's new.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 8:41 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
My height preference for a partner, male or female, is around 2-5 inches taller. I put this down to my insecurities rather than my femininity (of which I have much less than the average female). I feel uncomfortable around people who are shorter than me, because I feel like I am being put in a position of dominance/power/responsibility/something like that. This includes interacting with children, so it's not just a relationship or peer thing.

I'm also a practical person and therefore I prefer my partner not to be more than a few inches taller, because it is just easier to interact with someone close to your own height (e.g. holding hands while walking).

So...I personally don't think I can related to the research findings, but what's new.

I never realized it until you said it, but that's the way it is for me, too. I've always been the responsible one, and I think I'm just flat tired of it. It started when I was in 4th grade when I was the tallest person in my class for four years in a row, and was the tallest woman I knew for most of my life. I don't have kids (never wanted them - in fact, they terrify me), and the only creatures I want to feel responsible for anymore are my cats. So I'd just as soon ALL the people I interact with be taller than me, so I can relax and let someone else at least SHARE the responsibility for a change. I think that was one of the things I loved about my late fiance - he was SO much taller than me, I felt really safe in his presence. Not just physically safe, but safe in the sense that I didn't feel like I had to make all the decisions and be the one to have to take care of everything. Maybe that's why I still have a hard time making women friends - I'm just not as comfortable being around people shorter than me......

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 1:14 am

^Hmm, I always thought it was just biological, but there might be something to that. As a child, I was always the oldest and tallest and often fattest). I was the oldest of 4 children, I was the oldest of many cousins on both sides, and I was the oldest child at church. It was awkward being grouped in w/ smaller and younger people all the time and I resented it.

I am w/ a shorter man now, and it is awkward at times. I do not like feeling awkward around the one I love.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 2:16 am

You women and your complexes/insecurities....

Yet I say it's purely and mainly biological and you are all overanalyzing and justifying your biological innate preference, a female instinct which is encoded deeply in your female dna.

If it's really due to "Boohoo I was always the tallest.... I got tired of feeling responsible" then why tall men don't feel the same way and they don't go for taller women too?

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 17 Feb 2014, 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.