Page 1 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Archdevilius
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Apr 2014, 1:24 am

I'm involved sexually with a taken woman, is it considered cheating if I am single?

I just want to get some views on this.

ReverieMe
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Apr 2014, 1:44 am

I don't understand the question. If you're single, who are you cheating on? She's cheating on her significant other, who exists.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2014, 2:13 am

if the OP is participating in the cuckolding of another man, then it is being a party to cheating and is karmically dodgy. but it is the OP's life to do with as he sees fit, for good or ill. I have no dogs in that fight.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2014, 3:27 am

Not for you. I don't think there's a word for your role in the situation (except maybe cuss-words). Also, make sure the boyfriend or husband doesn't have an anger-management problem and a gun, or is really bad at being suspicious.

Persevero
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Apr 2014, 3:59 am

Is it worth it to ruin another person's life?

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2014, 6:13 am

I´d say, you need to consider your responsibility.

AutisticGuy1981
Toucan
Toucan

22 Apr 2014, 7:07 am

Technically you aren't cheating but its still morally wrong unless her partner knows and doesn't care.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2014, 7:31 am

It's the other person who is doing the cheating but you are enabling it which makes you somewhat of a selfish a**hole. You know that this person is "taken" whatever that means and it doesn't matter to you. How would you like it if someone did that to you? If the person you're seeing is legally married, then you are involved in adultery. If this other person finds out about you and especially finds out that you "knew", they just might beat the living daylights out of you because you didn't respect them as a human being.
Aren't you worth more than this?? Aren't you better than this?? Get out of it immediately!! The other person might find out about you anyway and you still might have problems up the road even after you break it off because you still did it.
So, don't gloat on the fact that you were able to snag another person's lover because you couldn't get one on your own. Shame on you! :x Besides, she might be cheating with you because her lover is cheating on her. It's possible you're being used while she waits and hopes for her partner to come to terms. If her partner doesn't, then she has you. Oh...how sweet - the rebound. Not a person you can really respect but just somebody to hang on to when things get rocky because the douchbag can't stand on her own two feet or four legs - whatever you want to call it.

Last edited by RightGalaxy on 22 Apr 2014, 7:59 am, edited 6 times in total.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2014, 7:31 am

you are allowing her to cheat.
even though it's not technically cheating, it is on the same moral level

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2014, 7:45 am

If she has made a commitment which she breaks by having sex with you, then you have helped her to break that commitment.

Nothing is cheating in every circumstance, people need to make that decision explicitly in their relationships.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2014, 11:56 am

I don't believe the OP understands or gives a damn.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2014, 12:08 pm

- If you don’t have an emotional attachment to the woman, you are simply using her for sex relief. And, perhaps, she is using you for sex relief as well. Yet, this seems wrong, particularly since she is already in a relationship.
- If you do have an emotional attachment to the woman, you are likely fooling yourself. As you are becoming attached to a woman with duplicitous morals. Can you really trust her?

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2014, 1:13 pm

Archdevilius wrote:
I'm involved sexually with a taken woman, is it considered cheating if I am single?

If you are single, then semantically, she is the one doing the cheating, but you are both adulterers. Being a co-adulterer makes you equally responsible for the deception and betrayal that is taking place.

Concepts of right or wrong morality may be relative and can be argued as situational ethics.

What you should meditate on are concepts like personal integrity and self respect as well as the Golden Rule: "Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You."

starvingartist
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2014, 1:51 pm

dude, if she will cheat on her husband/boyfriend with you, then she will cheat on you with the next guy.

don't be surprised when it happens. this is what you get when you date people with shady morals.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2014, 2:17 pm

a man's "other head" never thinks of these things.

Archdevilius
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Apr 2014, 3:30 pm

We share a deep emotional connection and spend a lot of time connecting, we grow closer day by day. She's very beautiful, I mean men everywhere complement and chase her. I feel thrilled by unpredictability with her, I can't resist her, she turns me on like no one has before. She is helping me to grow, I feel connected to the world again, before I felt alone, isolated and I don't want to go back to being like that.