Page 357 of 358 [ 5723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 354, 355, 356, 357, 358  Next

Mynameisrodrick
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Nov 2023, 5:23 pm

my first name is rodrick (from diary of a wimpy kid lolol)

I am 13

I am from america

I love video games a lot, especially eathbound inspired rpgs, and I love to draw and I also like ants a lot and bugs, and I love reading and making up stories and characters :D

I am here because I feel really left out and alone at my school, and I'm hoping I can relate to atleast one person here, because I don't feel normal, and not a lot of people at my school share my intrests, and most of the kids at my school are very mean and make fun of people like me

I haven't been diagnosed yet, but I'm going to be getting tested for being on the spectrum, this month, my mom says she thinks I have it, and I find that I relate a lot to people on the spectrum and share their struggles

I love band and art, but I despise every other subject XD

I am in 8th grade

I looove symphonic metal and chiptunes, :heart:

I love reading garfield books, and also warrior cats, and diary of a wimpy kid (rodrick is best character)

I play percussion instruments (for some reason my band teacher keeps making me play suspended symbol and crash symbols XD) and also the piano, but I'm the best at glockenspiel and drums (glockenspiel is basically a metal xylophone)

I'm neutral about sports, as long as there is no try hards or people making fun of me for being bad at it then I'm okay with it (unless it's pickleball I hate that lol)

I'm an only child with two dogs, they are very big (and fat)

I love wearing sweaters and shorts, they are very comfy, but sweatpants are comfy too

I was looking for a website where I could make friends with people and be myself

I have no job.....

I wanna do a ton of art stuff at my highschool, and I also wanna join marching band!! !!

I am diagnosed with social anxiety and inattentive adhd, and Im kinda sensitive so be nice to me pls :') (lol I just realized that I didn't mention all of my intrests whoops :wink: )

Comet Zed
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2023, 3:34 pm

Mynameisrodrick wrote:
my first name is rodrick (from diary of a wimpy kid lolol)

I am 13

I am from america

I love video games a lot, especially eathbound inspired rpgs, and I love to draw and I also like ants a lot and bugs, and I love reading and making up stories and characters :D

I am here because I feel really left out and alone at my school, and I'm hoping I can relate to atleast one person here, because I don't feel normal, and not a lot of people at my school share my intrests, and most of the kids at my school are very mean and make fun of people like me

I haven't been diagnosed yet, but I'm going to be getting tested for being on the spectrum, this month, my mom says she thinks I have it, and I find that I relate a lot to people on the spectrum and share their struggles

I love band and art, but I despise every other subject XD

I am in 8th grade

I looove symphonic metal and chiptunes, :heart:

I love reading garfield books, and also warrior cats, and diary of a wimpy kid (rodrick is best character)

I play percussion instruments (for some reason my band teacher keeps making me play suspended symbol and crash symbols XD) and also the piano, but I'm the best at glockenspiel and drums (glockenspiel is basically a metal xylophone)

I'm neutral about sports, as long as there is no try hards or people making fun of me for being bad at it then I'm okay with it (unless it's pickleball I hate that lol)

I'm an only child with two dogs, they are very big (and fat)

I love wearing sweaters and shorts, they are very comfy, but sweatpants are comfy too

I was looking for a website where I could make friends with people and be myself

I have no job.....

I wanna do a ton of art stuff at my highschool, and I also wanna join marching band!! ! !

I am diagnosed with social anxiety and inattentive adhd, and Im kinda sensitive so be nice to me pls :') (lol I just realized that I didn't mention all of my intrests whoops :wink: )

Welcome youngling, good luck with the upcoming assessment.

I played a side drum in a drum marching band, and did percussion in the school band as a kid too. I always ended up with the triangles and cymbals though as the older kids monopolized the drums as they were 'cooler'.

ratey
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Nov 2023, 3:58 pm

What is your first name? – Andrew

Hobbies and Interests: Playing / listening to music, from Metal to folk. Nature photography and nature walks. Scandinavian noir/crime TV series. Gardening.

Why are you here? Most likely I am autistic, but yet to be diagnosed

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): See above :wink:

Favorite subjects: Science, environment, chemistry, programming, data analysis

Year/Grade: I'm a professor with a PhD teaching environmental science

Favorite music: progressive metal like Dream Theater, Haken, Mastodon, ...

Books: Poetry, contemporary fiction, biography, science fiction (e.g. some authors include Tim Winton, John Steinbeck. Julian May, ...)

TV shows/Movies: The Matrix, the Star Wars series, The Bridge (Saga Noren :heart: )

Instrument: Guitar (acoustic & electric), ukulele, bass

Do you like sports? Not really.

Family: Married with 2 daughters

Clothing: t-shirt with band logo, shorts. At work a Hawaiian shirt, chinos, and good sneakers.

How did you find this website? Google

Job: University Academic

Plans for the future? Retiring in about 7 years, maybe.

ratey
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Nov 2023, 4:18 pm

DirkGently69 wrote:
What is your first name? Simon

Hobbies and Interests:

I love Star Wars, dot painting, and I’m an avid movie watcher. Sci-fi and fantasy books are something that I want to get back into.

Why are you here?

To meet new people that understand what I’ve been through and maybe help with where I’m going.
[...]

Hi Simon,

Thanks for sharing some of your story, it's great to see another late-diagnosed Aussie on here. Also another sci-fi / Star Wars fan :)

See you round,
Andrew

Entropic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Nov 2023, 6:07 am

What is your first name?
A Hebrew one.

Hobbies and Interests:
Computer games, the social sciences and humanities, metal music some favorite bands include Machinae Supremacy, Swallow the Sun, Dark Tranquillity, Scar Symmetry among others. I am biased towards melodic death metal), cats, psychology, and many others. Also now autism.

Why are you here?
Because I love to discuss things I care about and am interested in. Right now specifically autism.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):
No, but I'm looking to.

Favorite subjects:
Probably video games and the social sciences? Not sure. "Favorite" is such a strong word and I don't feel like that I feel that strongly about something.

Year/Grade:
O don't understand this question. If it's asking me when I graduated I graduated from university in 2012 with a master's degree in global studies with a specialization in social anthropology.

Favorite music:
See interests.

Books:
Don't think I have a favorite book.

TV shows/Movies:
The Ghost in the Shell, Fight Club, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Mononoke, Arcane.

Instrument:
Singing, guitar.

Do you like sports?
No unless it's eSports.

Family:
Single.

Clothing:

How did you find this website?
Via Unmasking Autism by Devon Price.

Job:
Nonprofits org.

Plans for the future?
Looking to get evaluated.

Any comments?
Why does autism explain so much about my life?

JosetteJoy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Dec 2023, 2:10 pm

What is your first name? Mod. edit {redacted}. I just like my pen name Josette Joy so I use it a lot.

Hobbies and Interests: My special interests are (in order): Studio C, Dogs, Doctor Who series 1-7, and space. I also like magic.

Why are you here? I don't really have anyone to relate to or come to for advice at home and I thought I would give it a try.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Self-diagnosed about a year ago with autism.

Favorite subjects: Math, science (not biology), and history.

Year/Grade: I'm not sure. I'm homeschooled.

Favorite music: Anything Studio C has done. My favorite song is I Want to Run - Mates of State, which is the theme song for Studio C.

Books: I really like 3rd Nephi in the Book of Mormon, but my favorite book series is the Shadow Children series.

TV shows/Movies: Studio C, all the way. Movie is Not Cinderella's Type. It has a former cast member of Studio C.

Instrument: Piano.

Do you like sports? I'm thinking about getting into jujitsu.

Family: I have a Mom, Dad, twin sister, older sister, and two half-sisters, half-brother-in-laws, and two nephews.

Clothing: Anything comfortable. I own a lot of Studio C shirts (two of which cast members Gabby Moore and Stacey Harkey have gotten me at a live-taping I went to on the best day of my life.)

How did you find this website? ChatGBT actually suggested it to me.

Job: I don't have one currently.

Plans for the future? I really hope someday to work at BYU Broadcasting (where Studio C is filmed). I want to be a writer, stage manager, director, etc. for Studio C.

Any comments? It's pretty obvious I LOVE Studio C. I hope I don't annoy anyone with it. My family is pretty annoyed.

Last edited by Cornflake on 10 Dec 2023, 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.: Redacted some personally identifying information

homurathought
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Dec 2023, 10:30 pm

What is your first name? - call me cain. i don't really have a name otherwise.

Hobbies and Interests: listening to music (metal, or goth, or emo, mostly) and keeping up with sports. very interested in both the gender spectrum / autistic spectrum. trying to become a more interesting person when it comes to my interests, they're narrow. I only have a few game series I care about, being fire emblem and many misc wii-era games

Why are you here? - i used to adore messageboards, seeing one filled with autists still be active is like great news to me. seems like a good environment to observe and interact with.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): age 4? 5? 6? somewhere in there ig

Favorite subjects: math? school became an insufferable drag after i turned 12 or 13. at that time is when everything became so so much more boring and unenjoyable, and not in a "this is too easy" way either, in a "i dont care to learn about this" way which is quite embarrassing for me

Year/Grade: 2nd year in college but a dropout. i graduated high school

Favorite music: what i'm obsessed with changes. however i hold classic melodic death metal and classic black metal in high regard. as well as enjoying a lot of goth music. i like a few depressing rock albums like Souvlaki. and i also do enjoy some emo rap akin to Lil Peep and Bones as well as some other hip hop, although ive grown off listening to it particularly often

Books: havent read any novels i remember since 13/14 which is pretty sad. ive been trying to get in to manga which seems to be easier to consume for me although id like to try and read a light novel

TV shows/Movies: seinfeld, breaking bad/bcs, the sopranos, the good place. as for anime, code geass, death note, and madoka magica. not super in to movies to the point i can't really describe what i like there. most stuff with jonah hill and michael cera is pretty cool though

Instrument: i used to play the viola in middle school but quit because the class became exhausting to me and i rather take gym. i sort of regret it now. i have a lot of creative ideas when it comes to writing some music but with no actually knowledge of how to write music... also i kinda would wanna learn how to play the guitar but it looks like a f*****g nightmare motor-wise

Do you like sports? adore em. obsessed with baseball, i keep a fangraphs and bbref tab open every day of the season. i also really enjoy american football too. i'm a casual hockey fan and while basketball is somewhat enjoyable to watch i don't care for the nba

Family: only child. extended family is all deep south but they treat me well enough. i am the only person in my family to have been socialized in a city type area as a child.

Clothing: metal tees and jeans and occassionally beanies. my mom says i dress like a stoner but there seems to be no other alternative that doesn't make me upset, except for dressing up like a rich yaoi boy (some sort of gender dysphoria cope). or sometimes I'm a bit more indifferent and just throw on a sports shirt (usually atlanta braves related) and throw on a baseball cap. i do NOT like wearing shorts, ever. i dont understand the big deal about shoes, i wear 1-3 pairs of sneakers for years on end.

How did you find this website? - i was looking for some info on freud and i stumbled across a thread.

Job: unemployed... as of today. i've never held a job before but i'm kinda trying to change that next month

Plans for the future? - find love and find out how to be beautiful. i think everything will fall into place around that

Any comments? - hi

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2023, 8:13 am

What is your first name? belijojo I stole this name from a streamer

Hobbies and Interests: talk about ideal life, do repetitive and sure to succeed things, like Lego or Gundam

Why are you here? Small forums are rational, allow in-depth communication, I can express confusion and someone will really answer

Favorite subjects: Physics grades are good, interested in politics and philosophy

Year/Grade: University

Favorite music: Books: TV shows/Movies: Instrument: I don't know, maybe it can be attributed to cramming education

Do you like sports? NO, but I believe that a weak body and indifference to sports complement each other

Family: Friendly, slightly poor working-class family

Clothing: Mom always says my taste is more and more Behind the times, dressed like her dad

How did you find this website? Discovered by accident while searching for social skills

Plans for the future? Don't know, maybe scientific research? Because I heard that doesn't require dealing with people

Any comments? :heart:

GKChris
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Dec 2023, 9:19 pm

What is your first name? Chris

Hobbies and Interests: Pro Wrestling, Tabletop games (particularly Magic: The Gathering), Video Games, vtubers

Why are you here? My therapist brought this site to my attention. Over the years most of the social network has collapsed so I'm looking for people that can possibly relate to me.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): ASD: 25 ADHD: 40 (My professionals were not really on the ball).

Favorite subjects: N/A

Year/Grade: N/A

Favorite music: N/A

Books: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

TV shows/Movies: Arrested Development, Venture Bros, Superbad, The 40 Year Old Virgin, Scott Pilgrim

Instrument: N/A

Do you like sports? Following them is ok. Not super invested.

Family: Mother

Clothing: No particular interest in clothing

How did you find this website? Therapist

Job: Disabled/SSI

Plans for the future? Uncertain at present

Any comments?

RegentChangeling
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Dec 2023, 7:28 pm

What is your first name?: My online friends call me Regent.

Hobbies and Interests: I play a lot of FPS, RPGs, League of Legends, and grand strategy games. I also play Warhammer 40,000 and The Horus Heresy table top games alongside Dungeons & Dragons and the Call of Cthulhu RPG. I also enjoy Magic: The Gathering. My main interest is in reading and writing, primarily in the genres of cosmic horror and science horror, I currently have 9 Cthulhu Mythos anthologies. I enjoy anime and manga too, primarily Berserk, Neon Genesis Evangelion, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Chainsaw Man, and Jujutsu Kaisen.

Why are you here?: I saw a psychologist type person earlier this year for an intervention due to a very, very poor mental state. She recommended that I come here, primarily to see that I'm not alone with my issues with the world. I feel very disconnected from other people.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I haven't, I'm on the waiting list for an assessment and have been for about a year which is why I delayed ever posting because I was terrified of taking space where I "shouldn't" be.

Favourite subjects: Biology, literature, and history.

Year/Grade: Hopefully going back to university this year.

Favourite music: Black metal, shoegaze, anything with guitars and screaming. Such bands as Have A Nice Life, Burzum, Bathory, Wormwitch, TV Girl, my dead girlfriend, Oingo Boingo, and Molchat Doma.

Books: The Call of Cthulhu, The Colour Out of Space, Roadside Picnic, and 20 Trillion Leagues Under the Sea.

TV shows/Movies: Drive (2011), American Psycho, Nightcrawler, Better Call Saul, Jujutsu Kaisen, I don't really watch a lot of movies or shows honestly.

Instrument: Don't have the body or hand coordination to play.

Do you like sports?; Not really.

Family: One diagnosed autistic brother, one sister waiting diagnosis. My father passed when I was 17 and I don't really see that side of my family besides my grandmother.

Clothing: I've been told I dress like someone's dad, polo shirt + jumper combo and jeans. Trying to branch out, probably just going to use band shirts or something who knows.

How did you find this website? Recommended by a psychologist.

Job: I'm a Quality Technician at a printing place, its not much but it pays the bills. The confrontation side of it takes a toll on me though, with customers or other staff members.

Plans for the future? Hopefully going back to university to study a creative writing degree and I'm hoping to visit Poland to see a more-than-friend and visit Warsaw.

Any comments?
Not particularly.

rocksteady85
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Jan 2024, 4:52 pm

What is your first name? Rock.

Hobbies and Interests: true crime, philosophy, religions, science, video games, comic books, nature, music,

Why are you here? Because I have the 'tism

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): 2022.

Favorite subjects: Philosophy, criminal justice, space, physics, nuclear science.

Year/Grade: I am actually returning to college to hopefully finally finish a degree. Wish me luck

Favorite music: oh wow my taste in music is very eclectic. Heavy rotation currently: Ashnikko, T Swift, Cardi B, Counting Crows, Tool, Olivia Rodrigo, alkaline trio, NF, I can't even think

Books:yes please. Currently reading Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

TV shows/Movies: I really need to finish Lost and Pretty Little Liars. Breaking Bad. Grey's Anatomy

Instrument: learning to play the guitar

Do you like sports? sort of

Family: i have that

Clothing: usually required. Baggy clothes preferred

How did you find this website? google searching for a forum for people with autism

Job: unemployed rn

Plans for the future? I don't know yet

Any comments?

goblinguy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jan 2024, 6:27 pm

What is your first name? Kei

Hobbies and Interests: Camping, knitting, computers, true crime

Why are you here?: I think I have PDA autism and have been having a hard time functioning around other people my whole life.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I might have been diagnosed in kindergarten but my parents keep that kind of thing to themselves

Favorite subjects: Science, social studies, psychology, survival, and building cabins

Year/Grade:

Favorite music: Papa Roach

Books: The Gift of Fear

TV shows/Movies: Venture Brothers, Rick and Morty, Family Guy, American Dad, Labyrinth, Batman: the Animated Series, Dragon Ball Z, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, Hellsing Ultimate, Pokemon, Azumanga Dioh, King of the Hill, F is for Family, Futurama, Hazbin Hotel, Helluva Boss, Solar Opposites

Instrument:

Do you like sports? N/A

Family: Just me and my dad

Clothing:

How did you find this website?: Trying to learn about autism and coping with it/growing up on the internet

Job: Unemployed

Plans for the future?

Any comments?

Harmonie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jan 2024, 7:35 pm

What is your first name? Keeping that detail private. Just call me Harmonie.

Hobbies and Interests: Music, history, woodwind instruments, music history, some video games, collecting old MLP toys, occasionally I'll dabble in graphic arts, 3D modeling, etc.

Why are you here? Because I highly suspect that I am in the spectrum.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I have yet to be, but was diagnosed with ADHD in childhood.

Favorite subjects: Music, history, music history, social studies. There are other subjects, too. I love learning! =)

Year/Grade: When this topic was created I was in between 9th grade and 10th grade. :O Now, I am an adult, been out of high school for a long time.

Favorite music: I like a lot of music from the 60s and 70s - soul/R&B, soft rock, British folk rock, progressive rock, etc. Classical music, and early music.

Books: I mostly read nonfiction.

TV shows/Movies: IDK. (I watch a lot - between cartoons, anime, sci-fi, and sitcoms, etc.) I just don't think I've formulated what are my favorites at this point)

Instrument: Oboe and bassoon.

Do you like sports? Some can be entertaining at times. My mom likes college basketball and football. I am a band nerd so I have played for games and have a nostalgia for the atmosphere and learned the sports so I could enjoy them with my mom.

Family: My parents, myself, our dogs.

Clothing: I like florals. Prefer capris over jeans, like dresses and skirts, but they have to be long. (not for any modest sense, I just don't like showing my legs because I don't like the way they look)

How did you find this website? Google search for forums on autism.

Job: Currently Data Entry.

Plans for the future? My immediate future is moving to New England. That is quite overwhelming in of itself. I am thinking about beyond that, but nothing's clear. Someday I want to meet my "one" and have a child. Hoping my "one" is in New England.

Any comments?

Eyeselation
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Jan 2024, 3:40 pm

What is your first name? Redacted

Hobbies and Interests:Reading, Music, Interior Decoration, Mysteries

Why are you here? To interact with people like myself.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder):looking for assessment in my area

Favorite subjects:Greek and Roman History
Latin club in HS for 4 years. Nobody asks if it’s relevant to today. Wonder why? Doesn’t matter because I can’t remember anything except movie studio logos

Favorite music:All types even Country.
Family: No comment

Clothing: casual always long sleeves, high neckline, long pants or slacks. Never liked dresses. Been told I have nice legs but don’t like to show them.

How did you find this website? Woke from a dream about Cyndi Lauper being autistic. Googled and was lead to a thread here. Signed up immediately.

Job:Retired Was a Bankster. An honest one which is a rarity in itself.

Plans for the future? Donate my brain to Autism society

Have a closet full of clothes (ordered online) but wear the same thing all the time. Black black and more black clothes and hats. Getting into metallic grey. Looks good on me.

Don’t like sports. Too uncoordinated.
Want to learn to partner dance. Don’t like to be touched so difficult to master.
Can’t partner dance. Can’t lead and won’t follow. Want to find a dance studio for Autistics. Don’t think there’s one in existence. Can freestyle dance if you can call it that. Mainly just swaying to the music.
Showed aptitude for piano at a young age. Family had two pianos while I was growing up. When my mother saw how good I was she forbade me from playing because I was better than she was. (Mother was clinically diagnosed as a narcissist in the early 70’s. Made my life hell.) I was around 10 years old when others noticed how proficient I was. She was envious. I Stopped playing and never picked it up again. Thought about it recently. Might try again.
Had a problem with being too obedient. Got over that in the last few years. But didn’t like to break rules. Still unable to lie without preparing first. Didn’t go over well in a family full of liars and a job that prioritises that way of thinking.
Actually the whole world operates on lies. I don’t fit in. Never have and never will.

silverlinings1069
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jan 2024, 6:12 pm

What is your first name? Silver

Hobbies and Interests: dancing, reading, exercise, teaching

Why are you here? I am Autistic with ADHD

When were you diagnosed? January 2024

Favorite subjects: Math, Biology

Year/Grade: Out of school

Favorite music: Anything I can dance to

Books: Self help, educational, fantasy

TV shows/Movies: Tim Curry movies, reality TV - fashion, food, cerebral TV (Bull)

Instrument: my voice - I sing

Do you like sports? If so, which ones? football, futball

Family: none

Clothing: WHBM

How did you find this website? google

Job: Dance instructor, teaching assistant

Plans for the future? Become personal trainer and health coach

Any comments? Hello everyone

Genenco
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jan 2024, 2:18 pm

What is your first name? Gene

Hobbies and Interests: looking into a few

Why are you here? Because I saw a post and never heard of this place before.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): Not professionally, but have had clues from the past to indicate issues.

Favorite subjects:

Year/Grade:

Favorite music:

Books:

TV shows/Movies:

Instrument: violin in 5-6 grade

Do you like sports? Used to....

Family: one older, one younger don't talk with younger, older one mad I moved away. So doesn't contact except rarely

Clothing:

How did you find this website? (See above "Why are you here?")

Job: retired

Plans for the future? Some volunteer work

Any comments?