Forget the vaccine and milk air pollution now causes Autism.

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2014, 1:20 am

Yea yea I know this is from Fox news but still worth a read....

"Exposure to environmental pollution may cause brain changes that make people more vulnerable to developing autism or schizophrenia, according to a new study published in Environmental Heath Perspectives.

This research falls in line with a 2013 study published in JAMA Psychiatry, which demonstrated an epidemiological link between pollution and autism; the researchers found that children who lived in areas with high levels of traffic pollution seemed to be more likely to be diagnosed with the neurodevelopmental disorder.

Now, researchers from the University of Rochester have uncovered the biological mechanism that may explain how pollution can put people at a higher risk for both autism and schizophrenia."

(http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/06/0 ... udy-shows/)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2014, 5:00 am

Seems they are desperately running around trying to find some way to say that the cause is not genetic and therefore a part of us, that instead we are a result of poisoning and need to be detoxified. Vaccines causes it has a large group of followers but the mainstream media rejected it, so they need to try another theory.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 08 Jun 2014, 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2014, 5:22 am

Ya know if it's true that Air Pollution is the "new cause" for Autism then wouldn't New York city Northern New Jersey and LA have reports that they have the largest numbers of reported cases of those with ASD

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2014, 3:12 pm

Being it is genetic, I am starting to suspect a direct correlation between sexual intercourse and autism.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2014, 8:16 am

vickygleitz wrote:
Being it is genetic, I am starting to suspect a direct correlation between sexual intercourse and autism.

That's a good one. What else would cause it? :)

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

18 Jun 2014, 4:41 pm

High levels of traffic pollution = large cities = large population = increased incidences due to statistical data and the sheer volume of people living in that area.

They basically created a census and called it Autism research.

HarmonySeptember
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jun 2014, 12:00 pm

My opinion is that it is a little silly for people to go around trying to find a cause of autism. Instead, shouldn't they try to understand a little more about how we think? This would mean listening to us. If these researchers would just do that, it could mean finding more ways to communicate with those who cannot verbally speak, and many more positive breakthroughs.

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2014, 9:16 am

They didn't say "air pollution causes autism".

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2014, 4:58 pm

Is anyone else as tired as I am of these politicians using Autism as tools?

Cause I find it pretty damn insulting when we're used as boogeymen to advance one's political agenda.

DizzleJWizzle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jun 2014, 12:51 am

they are running out of ideas... they been exposed... damage control!! !!

Perkulator
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jul 2014, 1:33 am

Oh good grief. It seems to me that the people who, #1 understand us the least, #2 want a cure, and #3 don't want to take the time to get to know us are the people who grasp at straws like this.

mila_oblong
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jul 2014, 8:13 am

HarmonySeptember wrote:
My opinion is that it is a little silly for people to go around trying to find a cause of autism. Instead, shouldn't they try to understand a little more about how we think? This would mean listening to us. If these researchers would just do that, it could mean finding more ways to communicate with those who cannot verbally speak, and many more positive breakthroughs.

This!

piglubabe
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jan 2015, 12:37 pm

I think the radiation also adds.

Moromillas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jan 2015, 7:22 pm

piglubabe wrote:
I think the radiation also adds.

6 months. Not a bad attempt.

Now, try and break that record, and see if you can necro something that's two years old.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2015, 9:15 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
vickygleitz wrote:

That's a good one. What else would cause it? :)

A link between in vitro fertilization and autism maybe?

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2015, 9:30 pm

I find this hilarious. Only a few weeks ago, I read that Autism was more prevalent in rural areas thanks to Round up and other farming chemicals...
Now it's the cities. They are grasping at straws.

Unfortunately Fox News gets a lot of views... And the story is probably going to be posted to all the subsidiaries and what not...

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x