I feel like I'm running out of time

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

SoftwareEngineer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 4:38 pm

Personally, I've never been married and I have no kids. That's not a problem.

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2014, 6:21 pm

sly279 wrote:
Halfmadgenius wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Cary Grant had his first kid when he was about 82!

You've got plenty of time.

Many guys and gals, especially within the middle/upper socioeconomic brackets, begin having kids well into their 40;s.

Not without a lot of medial assistance getting pregnant, and then it may not work. And Cary Grant is a man. I am a woman, our eggs start to go bad in our 30s. And I do NOT want to be the crazy cat woman. Baby doesn't even like other cats.

what about freezing some eggs for later use?

Again, if I had that kind of money I'd already have a baby. Have you looked at the price to freeze eggs? Never mind the extraction, even freezing is several grand a year.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 12:23 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
I am 22 and I feel the same :(
I feel like I am never going to be in a long term, fulfilling relationship let alone have kids

I felt the same way at that age. From 22-25 were probably the loneliest years of my life. I went 6 years without a date. All of my friends were getting married or in serious relationships. I felt worthless. I didn't know I had Asperger's then.

Then the miraculous happened! At age 32 I got married. My wife is great. We have been married almost 15 years now. She had our daughter when she was 40.

You should never give up. I pretty much had when I found my first relationship. That got me ready for my wife.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2014, 5:41 am

You could adopt a child when you're older.
If you want your own kids, the options as stated are either settle or be a single mother. There's no way to force love/meeting a soul mate.
Have you joined any interest clubs in your area?