Do followers of Isis and Al queda deserve our sympathy?

Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 2:47 am

Do Isis and Al Queda deserve our sympathy regardless of their suicide bombings and threats to innocent civilians along with beheadings and raping and stoning people to death? I myself dont think so but some might disagree in the name of Allah!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Stannis
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 2:49 am

Dunno if what we are hearing is accurate.

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transc ... 069665.htm

Last edited by Stannis on 10 Sep 2014, 5:34 pm, edited 10 times in total.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 2:50 am

No

Anyone who does evil things like that, whether they be extremists for a particular religion or not, deserves no respect and to be punished.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 2:52 am

They're a plague disease that needs to be removed.

ISIS will probably be the most devastating force in ME since the Mongol invasion.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 5:11 am

No.

I generally respect the beliefs of others so long as they respect my right to live as I choose. They don't have to approve or accept my beliefs, but I have no tolerance for those who would force me to convert or enslave/kill me for not doing so.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 5:21 am

Yes, and we should put them out of their misery, for the love of humanity.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 7:26 am

The problem of ISIS that it came from the womb of "moderate extremism" and the latter came from the womb of Islam itself, anyone ....ANY one who chooses the apply Islam by the letter would transform to an isis.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 8:04 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
ISIS will probably be the most devastating force in ME since the Mongol invasion.

I think that they are currently at the peak of their power. They gained so much support at the beginning of their jump into Iraq based on the discrimination those in the region were subject to and their promises of improving infrastructure and jobs. Now that the local population has seen how miserably they are failing at their promises and their extreme violence core, they will begin losing (and currently are losing) more and more support among the locals.

ISIS is a group of middle aged extremists giving their last violent push in an effort to remain relevant. It will not be long before they are reduced to a relatively small fringe group, splintering into ever tinier factions.

Most of the northern Sunni tribes in the area do not like the Sunni ISIS extremists any more than you do. They have been fighting back, and recently have begun cooperating with the Iraqi government and coordinating with US airstrikes to hit them hard. I think the fat paychecks they promised their fighters (who largely consist of the poorest in the region) will not be enough to keep many of them from deserting in the face of overwhelming odds, especially as those paychecks have not been everything promised.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 8:28 am

No I do not think people that are part of that need sympathy....they need less religion at the very least.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 8:40 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
No I do not think people that are part of that need sympathy....they need less religion at the very least.

Less religion would help unfortunately, this is the middle east we're talking about. Religion has been a bit part of the area since the very beginning of all the three Abrahamic religions.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 8:46 am

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Less religion would help unfortunately, this is the middle east we're talking about. Religion has been a bit part of the area since the very beginning of all the three Abrahamic religions.

^agreed on both counts.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Sep 2014, 9:57 am

They deserve sympathy. Anyone who hasn't been taught how to behave like a decent human being has missed out on something wonderful.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 10:01 am

sonofghandi wrote:
Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

^agreed on both counts.

^ agree with the agreement of both counts.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 10:51 am

Two words: Hell no!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 10:54 am

I have been monitoring a hate group for a few months now and from my observations, the WORST thing you can ever do is have sympathy and give them permission to harass others, break laws and commit atrocities. Stand strong against them before they get too crazy and make them stop what they are doing. Do not allow them to fester because they do evoke the Monster.

The ideal thing is to stop them before they ever get as bad as ISIS and they will manipulate others and come up with excuse after excuse but learn to recognize hate for what it is and the kind of negative energy that evokes. It is very destructive and pointless.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2014, 11:40 am

One thing I have discovered while monitoring this hate group, people have the idea that if you are just kind to members of the group, it will magically cause them all to become kind in return and they will abandon what they do because they will become kind like you in return. I, myself, had faith in this possibility only to discover it is pure hogwash. The opposite, occurs, from what I see. They become more hateful the nicer people are to them. Being kind and loving to them does no good whatsoever. The only way to deal with them is government coming down hard on them. That's the sorry truth. It's what people don't want to admit about government. Because of stubborn, fanatical elements, the strong government becomes inevitable and a necessity. In a sane, rational world, we could all exist peacefully with a weak government but that's not a characteristic of the human condition at this point and time.

And another question is, what do you do with these people who are on the same thought level psychologically as ISIS and AL Qaeda, only they haven't acted for some reason, as in, they are just waiting for weakness to emerge to become fully active but psychologically, they support these extremist groups who currently commit atrocities. What do you do with them? Shouldn't you be able to strike before they grow into ISIS or Al Qaeda. When to strike becomes a challenging question open to debate in a democratic society.