Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Apr 2005, 6:25 pm

I'm Jewish :)

jman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2005, 10:55 pm

Im jewish also, how was your passover, man?

lichtwurm
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Apr 2005, 4:20 am

I suppose by definition I'm christian.

but hey, i'm also into ZEN, Okkultism, Kabbalah, and a variety of other fields of interest and cults .... (but not a member of any of them).

So yes, I believe there is a God, and everything there is has His essence woven into it. And there's a context and a history.

Oh, and I'm convinced the Earth is not older and 10000 years and there was a literal First Man and First Woman and a flood and all that.

Crazy, huh?

greets da lichtwurm

fionaban
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Apr 2005, 4:23 am

as u may aready know i am a christian
God Bless
Fiona

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son so that whoever believes in him will not die but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2005, 4:26 am

I don't have a religion.

TaliDaRadical
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Apr 2005, 9:16 am

I was raised atheist (atheist dad, traditional Asian paganism- mom), but I hated it so much because I got beat up for it in school, so I became Christian but I'm not sure if I'm really Christian because my parents are atheist/pagan and family comes first.

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2005, 10:18 am

Lutheran

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Apr 2005, 1:35 pm

I know exactly how you feel...my family is Jewish, and my mom always forces me to learn religion and Hebrew in school, but I hate it and I want to be an Agnostic...I consider myself Jewish because my family is, but I'd ratherhave no religion except for an occasional beleif in God. :(

And as for my Passover J-Man, I had nobody over so I had to do most of the reading in the Seder, and my parents insist on doing it in Hebrew just because they're from a country where it is spoken...and it means more religious stuff in school, but at least it replaces the Bible...and since I hate the holiday so much, they get me yummy snacks to encourage me to like it!

sparkplugloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Apr 2005, 1:58 pm

I was baptised and raised in a Catholic family and I have some personal beliefs that I call "catholicism", although it is a little different.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2005, 5:16 pm

Feste-Fenris wrote:
Lutheran

Do Lutherans believe in 'Salvation by faith alone?'

That sounds like true Christianity

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2005, 6:37 pm

thechadmaster wrote:
Feste-Fenris wrote:
Lutheran

Do Lutherans believe in 'Salvation by faith alone?'

That sounds like true Christianity

Are you denouncing Catholicism? 8O

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Apr 2005, 7:37 pm

I would find my self to be considered agnostic. Because there is clearly much more going on in the universe than can be comprehended with meer science. Logicly though it is impossible for there to be a single infallible god since the universe is clearly a giant game of "Rock, Paper, Scisiors." There for if there is only one god it cannot be totaly infallible since if it were it would nullify all of exitance out right because it would already know the outcome of existance and it would be impossible to percive reality since it would beable to veiw any point in "history" without having to veiw exiatnce in order. Hence it stands to reason that in the case of a single god there is at least one variable of sorts being tested which may or may not be "free will." This is similar to Plato's theory of the "Clockwork Universe" and/or "Clockwork God." Then the only oher general possibility is that of polytheism, which all known have pretty well been debunked. However that does not mean that it is nessiarly impossible. Yet it is clearly impossible for anyone religion to be completely correct since humans are in their very nature imperfect. So it stands to reason that since their is a much more vast amount of unexplored possibities than world religions, that it is more likely that no one is even close.

*I picked this username 4 years ago when I was in high school. Don't hold it against me.

tomcat_ha
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Apr 2005, 8:28 am

muslim

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2005, 7:26 pm

Pagan/Spirtcaulist