Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Lazenca_x
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Mar 2007, 9:33 am

:twisted: If there's one thing that I hate It is having to take subjects that don't interest me. The thing is I'm forced to sit through the lecture and cannot concentrate on what the lecturer is saying. It's as though at times I tune in and out of the lecture. my grades aren't as good as i would like them to be but that only because i don't like the subjects. I usually sit through lectures and watch people around me nodding in agreement whenever the lecturer says something while I sit there wondering why it is that i don't get it. it's all so confusing and frustrating. Does anyone else have a similar problem?

Vegasadelphia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Mar 2007, 12:00 pm

That's one of the reasons I never did well in college. I wanted to take Math, Physics, Theather, and thats it. I don't need a lit class for a mathematics degree. I am an excellent writer, and I have a better comprehension of the English language, both written and spoken, than most people around me. I would get bored, not do the work, only concentrate on my math classes, and I wound up getting screwed in the end because of it.

My advice? Concentrate on the positive, the classes you do like, and just bite the bullet. Not great advice, but its all I have.

nate_face
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Mar 2007, 1:10 pm

My psychiatrist always told me that if I'm having troubles concentrating in class, to talk to the teacher about it in private, and maybe figure out a way together that could help you focus more.

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 2:14 pm

I remember having to take a computer applications class, that sucked! The teacher gave girls an A and guys what they deserved. He was what they call a man whore.