What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 246 of 251 [ 4001 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 243, 244, 245, 246, 247, 248, 249 ... 251  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 2:17 pm

I was at a former friend, turned bully's house. He tried intimidating me over some drama with his brother; I got fed-up, knocked over the table between us and strangled him on the floor.

It was weird because we were both simultaneously high school aged and middle aged.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 2:18 pm

I dreamt that I had gone back in time while visiting New York City and witnessed the terror attack on 9/11 and saw black smoke pouring on the city streets. Then I pulled out "The Tower" card in tarot and held it up to the scene of planes flying into the World Trade Center as a comparison. I also tried calling for help on my smartphone but the people around me told me those were not invented yet.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 2:19 pm

^^^a lucid dream. :star:

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 2:21 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^a lucid dream. :star:

The dreams that I can remember all tend to be lucid. :)

Comet Zed
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2024, 6:22 pm

I don't usually remember dreams but they tend to be very detailed and significant when I do. This one was interrupted by me waking and continued once I fell back to sleep, I think that's only ever happened to me once before.

Trying to catch up to someone that's currently slipping out of my life (and it's probably for the best). Searching through the bowels of a cavernous, ruined building that I understood was the institution where I'm currently studying. That was part one. Part two, I was with them amongst a group of people, like a school excursion through a city. I kept trying to follow and keep up but lost them, walking, running, driving, getting lost... Very vivid, felt very real and the emotional hangover this morning is like a knife in the chest.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2024, 10:48 pm

I had an absolutely uncategorizable dream. I was in a field with a bunch of other people dressed in togas, as though we were old Romans.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 3:05 am

I dreamt I was in a bus station, only we were going someplace in time, to the future. we could choose eras to visit or permanently move to, anywhere in the universe.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2024, 1:26 pm

I had repeated micro dreams of some guy backing his truck into my kitchen, and I kept banging on his passenger side window that he was too close.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2024, 12:33 am

One style of dream that I have from time to time is a problem solving dream.

I had one last night.

First, a little background. I have a number of servers that I need to monitor whether or not I'm at the office. The servers handle various networking traffic such as DHCP (dynamic IP address assignment), DNS (domain name lookup), SMTP (sending e-mail), firewall, intrusion detection, ... .

In the dream, I had the different servers communicating with each other, as I do now, on a private network not reachable from the Internet. However, that presents a problem when I'm not at the office because I don't have access to that private network. So I set up accounts for each computer on Telegram where they would post whimiscal messages that wouldn't mean much to someout outside.

Each computer used a VPN connection to connect to the IRC/Telegram services. Instead of a rigorously defined protocol, their comments would vary a lot but basically would identify which servers were running which servers. So each server and each service to be run had its own name. Also, in the dream there were ten different firewalls that would monitor each other to take over if the active firewall quit or was turned off.

An example of their traffic was (as close as I can approximate it from the dream) with FIDO, FLUFFY, and SNOOPY as servers and Hank as the name given to the firewall service:
FIDO> Something happened to Hank. Has anyone seen the old s.o.b.?
FLUFFY> He was with Snoopy but Snoopy ran away.
HANK> Ahoy mates. I'm back with Fido now.
FLUFFY> Howdy Hank.
FIDO> I gotta go. Can Hank come over, Fluffy?
FLUFFY> Sure. Lets to for a run Hank.
HANK> Let's go duck hunting, Fluffy.
FIDO> I'm going to go take a flea bath. BBL.
SNOOPY> I just woke up. Is Hank around?
HANK> Fluffy keeps licking my nose.
Fluffy> I like Hank.

The idea is that it would tell you which servers are doing what but without giving much clues to anyone who might happen across the channel what is actually happening. Also, the servers could, with some creative programming, interact with other people logging on.

It made for an entertaining dream that has real possibilities.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2024, 9:42 pm

i was in a large waiting room, i was not sure what i was waiting for, that the other folks in there [hundreds, mostly old folks] were waiting for.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2024, 3:13 pm

i dreamt i was with my late father, who was young again, we were both the same general age in this dream. he was working on cleaning up his boat for going fishing, and a family of field mice had nested in it, so i threw in some mice bait, they came out and snatched the bait then retreated out of sight, emerging from another part of the boat greatly enlarged to the size of housecats, and they turned black with green eyes, and started attacking me, and i hadda take the blanket i was sleeping with and use it to whip them away from me, i awoke sweating.

utterly absurd
Toucan
Toucan

25 Mar 2024, 8:34 pm

I dreamed I was with a group of people and our job was to empty a grocery store of all its food and put it into a huge truck. This food was going to be dumped into a lake because the lake was conscious and was our overlord and it demanded a truckload of food every day.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2024, 10:05 pm

i dreamt i was in some high school which was an updated version of the high school i graduated from back in the 1970s. i had just left after we got our finals results back in English class. not long after i left the building i discovered i'd left my umbrella behind in the classroom but when i finally made it back into the building, the building became a byzantine and psychedelic mess [in the style of the Remington Mansion] where hallways doubled back upon themselves, doors opened into broom closets, and classrooms became broom closets. finally at wit's end, i tried the last hallway i'd not tried before, ran into a teacher and, panting, asked him where english 101 was at, and it was just down this last hallway. before i could heave a sigh of relief, i awoke.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 12:37 am

i had another dream about my workplace when i was in the uncivil service. but it was not uncivil this time, people were being cool even in semi-stressful situations such as fetal distress/crash c-sections.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 10:54 pm

i dreamt i was in the kitchen of my late folks' house as it was back in the day, and i was sitting at the kitchen table across from a baby who had adult intelligence and speech, but who was still a bit naive about adulthood and i hadda coach him. after our discussion, he turned around to head into the kitchen for a snack but almost bonked his head on the table [he was a big baby], i warned him to watch his head and he looked at me like he didn't understand how anybody could watch their own head. then i awoke. :huh:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2024, 11:00 pm

A week after Ken died I dreamt that I was in my back garden with someone (not sure who?), sitting at a wooden picnic table. The side gate swung open and Ken walked up to us looking healthy and healed. It was so natural to see him there but I was aware he was dead.

Here's the weird part: Rather than getting all excited, I was stressed out because I didn't know how to introduce him to my friend. If I said "This is Ken", they'd think I was crazy. I'd already told them he died so I'd sound like a crazy person telling them he was there alive. I didn't want to say he was someone else because they'd seen pictures of him before. I sat there all perplexed about how to make the introduction, finally deciding to tell them he was a Ken imposter.

:lol:

(((( Rest in Peace and thank you for the visit ))))