Neologism, word playing, idiosyncratic humour

Page 3 of 35 [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35  Next

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 1:09 pm

I may name types of "acoria" (ACR) as (from first letters of the surnames of descriptors):
- K-ACR (from Leo Kanner) - high-functioning classic autism
- A-ACR (from Hans Asperger) - more classic types of AS, probably related to K-ACR
- R-ACR (from Byron Rourke) - classic "NVLD"
- M-ACR (from Maggie Mamen) - "social "NLD""
- N-ACR - (from Elizabeth Newson) - ACR from "pathological demand avoidance syndrome" spectrum
- C-ACR (from Donald Jay Cohen, who coined the term "multiplex developmental disorder) - ACR from "McDD spectrum"
- E-ACR - (from Leon Eisenberg) - hypothetical type of ACR associated with ADHD

M-ACR appears to fit me the best from them. But I was diagnosed with a PDD (F84.5 in ICD-10).

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 3:24 pm

Pomi - shortening of "polymixia".
Auci - dimunitive for "acoria"
Pomiauci - blend of polymixia and aucorigia. It looks similar to Polish word "pomiauczy" which is third person singular form of the verb "pomiauczeć" in future tense. This word has meaning similar to "miauczeć" (which means "to meow"). "Pomiauczy" means something like "it will meow few times, during some period of time".

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 3:56 pm

I was neologistic from, say, age 2 to about age 5. Most of my neologisms followed their own syllabic rules (I rearranged them: "manog" for "grandma"), while a few were simply borrowed from related words or names ("'Yeah-yeah' car" for Volkswagen Beetles which shared titular semantics with the musical band that sang "yeah-yeah"). Confused yet? Hehe.

It is funny now, but at the time, I was quite serious about my speech. It made sense to me. But, my family almost had to carry lists of my words with them to understand my intended statements.

Luckily, my resistance to common word usage waned and I joined in with the rest of humanity. :D

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 10:48 am

Relver - shortening of "relative versatility". I coined it to describe my traits which give me safe, pleasurable life. It is similar to the word "reliever". "Relver" also limits symptoms of mental disorders. I have "relver".

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 3:03 pm

Nedi - shortening of "neurodiversity". "Nedie" - someone who is "neurodiverse".

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 3:13 pm

nca14 wrote:
Nedi - shortening of "neurodiversity". "Nedie" - someone who is "neurodiverse".

Is "Nedi" pronounced like "Jedi"?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 2:46 am

I in "nedi" should be rather pronounced like in "diverse" (etymological reason).

Nutwau - blend of nut(ter), twerp/twit and auger/autisticity. Nutwauca (or nutwaure) is also blended with "calming" (or "relver").

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 6:10 am

"Relver" may look similar to the word "revelation". Polish counterpart of it (rewelacja) is a word which means for example something great.

"Nutwauca" - this term may look for me somewhat similar to the Polish word "rozwałka", which colloquially means something like demolition. "Nutwałka" - demolition made by "nutty" traits, English-Polish hybrid.

I wrote earlier about "devast" (which may look as a shortening of the word "devastation"), which was the shortening of "developmental asthenicity". So I named my "conditions" as for example: "relver", "nutwauca" and "devast".

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 1:26 pm

nca14 wrote:
I in "nedi" should be rather pronounced like in "diverse" (etymological reason).

Nutwau - blend of nut(ter), twerp/twit and auger/autisticity. Nutwauca (or nutwaure) is also blended with "calming" (or "relver").

That makes sense, then. I was hoping it would sound like Jedi, but.... :)

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2015, 2:28 pm

Mos of neologisms "presented" by me in this topic were about "aspieness", especially my subtype of ne(r)diness :)

Ne(r)diness - word playing again. It is about "nerds" and "nedi" (neurodiversity).

Aki - "dimunitive" form of "acoria". Akie - an individual with acoria.

Acoroidia - "acorised" NTness. I suppose that my parents have it.

Polymictoidia - something "weaker", less "bizarre", "disordered" than polymixia. Polymictoidia - very mild acoria. My sister may have it.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2015, 3:55 am

Patner - neologism form first three letters of the words "pathologically" and "nerdy" (from first four letters of these words we receive "pathnerd"). I am a "patner". And I should not be a parent because of it. It is also similar to the words "partner" and "pattern".

Proner - neologism from form first three letters of the words "profound" and "nerd".

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 11:17 am

Relver (relative versatility), relvered, relverer - associated with words "reliever", "revelation" and "revered". Relver is for me a sort of "giftedness" which I have.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 8:22 am

Neltpot - very "nelty" one. Nelty - like nelt, nelt - blend of nerd and dolt (nerd who "appears" like a dolt despite intelligence). Neltpot may be also a blend of nerd, dolt and crackpot. It is also associated with the word "potty".

Neltpot may be associated with "melting pot". My traits look for me as a mixture of many acorians and maybe other people (so I have analogy with melting point, in my case I changed first letter and "nelting point" was formed).

Neltpoint, nelting point - meaning like neltpot.

I describe "me" as neltpot (nelting pot, neltpoint, nelting point). Being nelt(ing)( )po(in)t means that you has a lot of diversity in your holotype and you are nerdy, twitty, kooky, but also have some sort of versatility, so it is not so bad.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 11:10 am

Twemp - a sort of blend of twerp and wimp.
Twimt - a sort of blend of twit and wimp.
Kooger - blend of kook and auger or Asperger.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 11:54 am

Autucure - blend of ("metaphorical" tribes) named Augeri, Tuempi, Cubones and Relveri.

1. Augeri - from "augers" (very boring, obsessive, nerdy ones) or from "aucorigia" or from blend of autism and Asperger
2. Tuempi - from "twemp" ("blend" of "twerp" and "wimp" - means slow, weak one), "tuempi" looks similar to slavic words such as Russian "tupoy" or Polish "tępy" (meaning "dull", "blunt", "stupid")
3. Cubones - from "cubo" (blend of cuckoo and bozo)
4. Relveri - from shortening of "relative versatility".

Autucure may be associated with "curing of autism", "autism culture", "auticulture" (something like "mariculture", "agroculture"?), "automatically cured", for me maybe with "automatically cured autism" :) I observe my "mental condition" and may name it as (an) "autucure".

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 12:14 pm

Biwest, biwestra - blend of "bizarre", "weird" and "strange". Interestingly, maybe pleasingly looking words. I may have fantasies about the capital of "Nediland" (Land of Neurodiversity) called "Biwestra".