1/2 of US babies ASD by 2025, Glyphosate, & a 2h Autism One

Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 4:36 pm

Speech from Dr. Seneff about all of these things.

http://earthweareone.com/mit-researcher ... c-by-2025/

I just listened to her speech while reading the forums and news. There's an awful lot of good info in it about the various chemicals that affect gut bacteria & brain function. Yes, there's also a lot of correlations presented w/o 100% solid scientific evidence of causation.. but IMO (and experience) this stuff is all pretty spot on and very very valuable for people to know as well as for others to continue researching into.

Also FYI she's the Computer Scientist that's been studying Autism for a few years. Some here discounted her studies because she's not an MD or Biologist or Biochemist etc, however, listen to her presentation… she certainly sounds incredibly well versed in all of this knowledge.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 4:44 pm

I'm just gonna leave this here.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 4:57 pm

Oh for the love of, it's not always the goddamn gut bacteria that determines if someone is on the spectrum.

Plus, this woman is a computer scientist, what does she know about Autism? That's like me knowing about farming when I'm a tech guy.

This reminds me of how people say how many things give you cancer, then they go back on it. I remember hearing peanut butter once increased your risk for getting it, but that was a load of crap.

stevesilberman
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Dec 2014, 5:00 pm

This is utterly and completely ridiculous.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 5:19 pm

andrethemoogle wrote:
Oh for the love of, it's not always the goddamn gut bacteria that determines if someone is on the spectrum.

Plus, this woman is a computer scientist, what does she know about Autism? That's like me knowing about farming when I'm a tech guy.

This reminds me of how people say how many things give you cancer, then they go back on it. I remember hearing peanut butter once increased your risk for getting it, but that was a load of crap.

Listen to her presentation and find out what she knows. She's been studying it for a few years. It's not as if she's been focused on comp-sci and then randomly claims to have ASD knowledge that was beamed into her head by aliens or something lol.

I don't get why some people here are so rigid in their thinking that they can't comprehend that someone can have multiple areas of expertise over the course of their career and lifetime. I've studied business, industrial engineering, real estate/property management/mortgage brokering, mycology.. I've done mechanical & architectural drafting and design work, graphics design, marketing, sales, and have built everything from spreadsheets to warehouses. There aren't any sort of rules & limitations placed upon what people are capable of learning and doing. I can do anything - all I need are the resources and the process. The only difference between me and others who don't believe they can do anything is that they don't believe they can do anything.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 5:21 pm

stevesilberman wrote:

Listen to the presentation. It's not focused AT ALL on the 50% ASD babies by 2025 statement. It's focused on the biochemical causes of the gut-brain issues that create the perfect storm for ASD symptoms via the cumulative compound effect of toxins, pathogens, metals etc. It's rather interesting.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 5:33 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
stevesilberman wrote:

Listen to the presentation. It's not focused AT ALL on the 50% ASD babies by 2025 statement. It's focused on the biochemical causes of the gut-brain issues that create the perfect storm for ASD symptoms via the cumulative compound effect of toxins, pathogens, metals etc. It's rather interesting.

Also known as pseudo-science, this hasn't been proved at all. Toxins, metals, gut bacteria, etc aren't the cause for me having Asperger's.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 5:59 pm

andrethemoogle wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
stevesilberman wrote:

Also known as pseudo-science, this hasn't been proved at all. Toxins, metals, gut bacteria, etc aren't the cause for me having Asperger's.

It's been my own personal experience that all of these things do in fact play a role in Autism symptoms.

Speaking of proof, please feel free to share with the group your scientifically sound evidence that toxins, metals, and gut bacteria etc are not the cause of you having Asperger's. Please include the tests that were done and their results. I'm patiently awaiting your proof.

alisoncc
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Dec 2014, 6:04 pm

Don't profess to know much about toxins, metals and their association with gut bacteria, but the environment now is manifestly different to when I was born 71 years ago, and I believe that I was Autistic at birth. There were no plastics with their Dioxins then. Accepted that in the UK we had pollution, thick fogs in Winter, this came about primarily from burning coal, and coal is after all derived from organic matter. Whilst there was leaded petrol, few had cars.

Wealthier homes may have used lead based paints and arsenic laden wallpapers, but ours didn't fall into that category. During WWII and immediately after, people survived off the land with food rationing a daily issue. Wild rabbits, free-range chickens (kept by neighbour) and North Atlantic Cod (fish and chips) were the order of the day. I can't for the life of me see how our life back then bears even the slightest resemblance to the present from a toxicity viewpoint.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 6:22 pm

alisoncc wrote:
Don't profess to know much about toxins, metals and their association with gut bacteria, but the environment now is manifestly different to when I was born 71 years ago, and I believe that I was Autistic at birth. There were no plastics with their Dioxins then. Accepted that in the UK we had pollution, thick fogs in Winter, this came about primarily from burning coal, and coal is after all derived from organic matter. Whilst there was leaded petrol, few had cars.

Wealthier homes may have used lead based paints and arsenic laden wallpapers, but ours didn't fall into that category. During WWII and immediately after, people survived off the land with food rationing a daily issue. Wild rabbits, free-range chickens (kept by neighbour) and North Atlantic Cod (fish and chips) were the order of the day. I can't for the life of me see how our life back then bears even the slightest resemblance to the present from a toxicity viewpoint.

It isn't the same.

However, one could be born in any generation with a digestive imbalance if their mother's gut was imbalanced at the time they were developing as a fetus.

From my own experiences & research I've read, I believe that ASD is one part genetic & one part digestive - intestinal dysbiosis - and potentially one or more parts other things.

With the toxins and environmental chemicals at play today, rates of ASD are much much higher than they were 70 years ago. That's not to say that similar things didn't cause ASD back then, just that it wasn't quite as common.

alisoncc
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Dec 2014, 6:27 pm

Further to previous:

Many are prepared to jump on the band wagon seeking to blame various aspects of modern life for all the ills of mankind, but within the context of this thread there might be some value in looking at the history of Autism. Were all the nasty pollutants now being blamed around seventy to a hundred years ago, I think not. And were there less - in 1943 "Leo Kanner, M.D., publishes a paper describing 11 children who". I would suggest that 11 in a single practice doesn't suggest less. It's easy to say there were less then, but think about it - If there was no diagnosis of Autism then Yup there were less so afflicted. A circular argument.

Quote:
1908: The word autism is used to describe a subset of schizophrenic patients who were especially withdrawn and self-absorbed.

1943: American child psychiatrist Leo Kanner, M.D., publishes a paper describing 11 children who were highly intelligent but displayed "a powerful desire for aloneness" and "an obsessive insistence on persistent sameness." He later names their condition "early infantile autism."

1944: A German scientist named Hans Asperger describes a "milder" form of autism now known as Asperger's Syndrome. The cases he reported were all boys who were highly intelligent but had trouble with social interactions and specific obsessive interests.

Sent from my PDP11/05 running RSX-11D via an ASR33 (TTY)

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 6:49 pm

goldfish, do you actually have any legit proof of your claims? And not from some pseudo-science website. I mean an honest, medical professional.

Because when you keep going on about this "gut bacteria" and how chemicals and toxins cause Autism makes you sound like the nutcases who think vaccines cause it. It hasn't been proven, so why bother going on about it here? Also, there is NO cure for Autism, no matter how much you yourself want one (from previous posts).

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 7:03 pm

andrethemoogle wrote:
goldfish, do you actually have any legit proof of your claims? And not from some pseudo-science website. I mean an honest, medical professional.

Because when you keep going on about this "gut bacteria" and how chemicals and toxins cause Autism makes you sound like the nutcases who think vaccines cause it. It hasn't been proven, so why bother going on about it here? Also, there is NO cure for Autism, no matter how much you yourself want one (from previous posts).

I've shared here countless times that I have my own life's experiences as evidence of what I know has been the cause of exacerbating my ASD and other symptoms and what I've done differently that's drastically reduced them. I've been completely transparent about all of this over the last year or so of sharing. I've also been completely transparent about the fact that I didn't set my life up as a medical study, so wasn't having lab tests done and documented along the way. I simply learned and did what I needed to in order to alleviate my symptoms ASAP because I couldn't continue living the way I was. I was in no frame of mind to create the framework of a medical study and then micro manage the documentation of my progress. I learned what I did and have done what I have out of necessity and needing to improve my health and mindset ASAP, and have since shared all that I've done and how it's changed my symptoms and my life.

Gut dysbiosis is now being studied by multiple scientists in relation to Autism, hence the many articles I've cross posted over the last year about the gut-brain connection and autism, research into the intestinal causes of ASD, research into probiotics as treatments for ASD etc. You make it sound as if I am the one single person in the world sharing this line of thinking. I am far from it, and many of those publishing their findings are doing so in a very strict and structured scientific manner. Also, I have not said one thing about vaccines. A couple of articles I've posted also mention vaccines, but I have not said one thing about them causing my symptoms because I have no idea if they contributed to my condition or not. I just know what I've learned and done and how it's benefited me. I'm now living a second life, am happier, healthier, wealthier and moving on and forward with other goals in my life at a pace I've never been able to achieve before. I continue to share my own story because I believe it can and will help others who are willing to help themselves and I hope that others are then able to raise their level of day to day functioning as I have so that they can work towards whatever goals they have for themselves in their own lives.

It has been proven. Multiple times, by multiple scientists. Why else do you think there have been so many gut-brain autism articles over the last year? And studies proving that probiotics reduce ASD symptoms in mice. etc. It's been proven repeatedly. You're just choosing to ignore it because you don't believe it.

Further, I've never said there was a cure found to date. But I have referred to what I've done as a "functional cure," as so long as I maintain my diet and probiotics etc I'm able to function at a MUCH higher level, and am much more intuitively social, and my ASD symptoms are minimized. It's certainly an effective treatment, even if ASD is genetic and cannot ever be completely cured. As I've described before, I'm a LOT less idiot and a little more savant. Almost all of the negative symptoms are gone or minimized, yet I still have positive traits I can utilize in my life and work ftw.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 7:26 pm

This graph is extremely interesting
http://themindunleashed.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/gloysphate.jpg

Scientifically it demonstrates an association not causation. Glyphosate fertiliser has been universally applied and the long term effects are probably hard to determine in terms of developmental impacts on unborn children. The problem here is untangling the impact of glyphosate from other environmental or genetic variables.

The OP has touched on an interesting range of environmental factors. Gut bacteria may not be "proven" to cause autism, however children with autism do have a significantly different gut flora. Once again association though.

Dr Seneff is trying to predict her numbers based purely on the "trends" of the aforementioned graph. However she is not an epidemiologist nor an expert on genetics or autism. She has not provided an evidence based mechanism for "why" this is happening. I'll stick my neck out and say that this may be possible if there is a "diathesis stress" mechanism whereby exposure to glyphosate, toxins or gut bacteria could activate genes in those carrying the autism gene early in brain/nueral development leading to manifestation of autism symptoms. In this respect there is nothing new here, it's been canvassed before.

What is different is the rate of diagnosis in future generations. I'll reiterate that Dr Seneff is basing this prediction on i) observed trends in growth of autism diagnosis and ii) association with increased glyphosate application in agriculture. It's just a theory on her part based on observation. It may be interesting to see the observation of autism diagnosis in isolated native communities who rely on subsistence agriculture or hunter gathering. Anecdotal evidence suggests autism is less prevalent in non-industrialized countries, but the data is largely incomplete.

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 8:04 pm

SammichEater wrote:
I'm just gonna leave this here.

I'll just re-post this. I don't even skim goldfish's posts any more; as soon as I see a wall of text by him I hurridly scroll past it. I know roughly what it's gonna say anyway: cranks who have UC or Crohn's have been banging on about glysophate, etc. for years - although in their cases it's the rates of IBD which are rocketing through the roof, not autism.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2014, 9:33 pm

NiceCupOfTea wrote:
I'll just re-post this. I don't even skim goldfish's posts any more; as soon as I see a wall of text by him I hurridly scroll past it. I know roughly what it's gonna say anyway: cranks who have UC or Crohn's have been banging on about glysophate, etc. for years - although in their cases it's the rates of IBD which are rocketing through the roof, not autism.

..and 90% of those on the autism spectrum report IBS/tummy trouble symptoms.

Also, <3 you too, NiceCupOfTea. :)

..and a question for you: (and others?) WIFM? Seriously. What's in it for me to make any of this stuff up about my experience, what I've done, and how it's improved my symptoms & life? I'm waiting to hear what you think my motivation is for sharing this stuff. I'm genuinely curious what you think.