Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

SadButRad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2015, 4:18 pm

It just worries me that the state of medicine today in regards to mental illness isn’t much better than what it was centuries ago in terms of effective treatment. I mean they are treating symptoms but not causes of illnesses, and people often develop tolerance to their meds because of homeostasis/worsening of the illness. Here’s an analogy, It’s like they’re “curing” someones flu by putting them in a bucket of cold ice because they feel boiling hot for a couple of quick bucks instead of actually treating the cause of these symptoms.

BS that they don’t have the technology to figure it out. They know how to change dna-transcription and rna-transcription which actually works but is too expensive for the public.

The new thing they are offering is thing called deep brain stimulation which is basically implanting these chips into peoples brains that send signals. They then program the signals to do things to your brain. Okay though scary invasive, it does work.

But here’s the thing. I’m seeing a serious potential for mind control with this. There’s serious incentive to develop this as a model treatment and then create neuro-inhanisve biotech for non-health related reasons. I can just picture everyone lining up to get the new brain gear to improve their intelligence and become cool cyborgs. Especially marketed towards the 2000s generation of minecraft playing diy microchip kit apple baby einsteins. I mean say goodbye to lego, hello minecraft. If google is weird enough to invent google glass while sinking the san fransisco real estate just wait for them to turn to this.

But wait, with past experience we all know what happened to the magical internet through hacking - not just from cool teenage dorks, but worldwide government’s and their evil politics.

Have you ever watched the end finale of Dollhouse? Yeah.

Korin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2015, 5:28 pm

Deep brain stimulation sounds good to me

Korin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2015, 5:28 pm

Deep brain stimulation sounds good to me

B19
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 7:18 pm

"Blood Medicine" by Kathleen Sharp blows the lid on corrupt links between Big Pharma and the medical profession, and few books have exposed what is going on and being ignored by media and the public as this one does so clearly. It is a frightening factual account of how deep the rot goes. People died because of the corruption. And I am fairly confident in speculating that people are dying needlessly today, as I write, because of the greed and corruption that now seems endemic in the American medical and pharmaceutical system.

alomoes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jan 2015, 9:31 pm

If I were the president, I wouldn't focus on low cost healthcare. I'd focus on medical reform. Dumb people are not no, if you understand what I mean.

I do also understand that he's kind of screwed by a partisan congress, but either way.

As to invasive brain chips? That belongs in the category of no that robots taking over the world would be part of.

Reasoning is because of the weird people who write conspiracy theories and lead protests. I trust those people to fight against government regardless of whether there is a reason to or not. :wink: